The gun freaks, why they fear your guns.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:15:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The gun freaks, why they fear your guns.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The gun freaks, why they fear your guns.  (Read 4408 times)
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2005, 10:26:55 PM »

Straight people should be allowed to have sex legally at 15. We as a society aren't ready for gay buttons saying 'i like boys bottoms'

Oh?  How about we 'aren't ready for' women voting, negros running around free (and having sex with white women), or Jews being allowed into the country club?  You are a disgusting traditional religious intolerant, Miss, and you should join the Religious Party.

And you're an intolerant atheist who wants to feed them religious to the lions. yet allow black, underage, gay, jewish people fornicate in the street.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 12:04:09 AM »

This is a bizzare thread that really made me laugh.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 02:09:05 AM »

This is a bizzare thread that really made me laugh.

^^^
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2005, 03:00:11 AM »

WOW!  Even Killerpollo's making legitmate posts, pwning opebo.  This is a great thread.

I seriously doubt that he wants to disarm America
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2005, 03:06:34 AM »

No, there is nothing subjective about it.  They believe in objective morality, and are therefore by definition intolerant.

So, is everything subjective morality?  You can say, well I think I'll murder someone, it may not fit your standards, but it fits mine.  This is a better way of thinking than the 'religious' because...?

Ugh, please get out of the Democratic Party

Roll Eyes  I'm sure most Democrats here feel that way about you.

Oh, and just onemore quick question:  Is everyone here who doesn't agree with you an intolerant or a prude?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2005, 04:30:30 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2005, 04:37:59 AM by opebo »

WOW!  Even Killerpollo's making legitmate posts, pwning opebo.  This is a great thread.

Killerpollo is merely displaying his prudery and homophobia, as usual. 

No, there is nothing subjective about it.  They believe in objective morality, and are therefore by definition intolerant.

So, is everything subjective morality?  You can say, well I think I'll murder someone, it may not fit your standards, but it fits mine.  This is a better way of thinking than the 'religious' because...?

Because it is factually correct.  One can only say that one dislikes something with any degree of confidence or accuracy.  To then jump to the conclusion that something is 'objectively wrong' just because you and most people dislike it makes no sense, and is in fact completely baseless.  I'm sure plenty of people like murdering - and of course nearly everyone likes it in certain contexts, like war or 'self defense'.  One thing is for sure, there is no evidence of any entity outside of ones own judgement to provide objective judgements - the religious fantasy of 'god', etc.  And anyway, even if there were, what would make that entity's judgements 'objective'?  Wouldn't they still be simply forcibly imposed subjective preferences?

Anyway one can still outlaw murder, based purely upon expediency and societal convenience, but just don't make a lot of intellectually dishonest and baseless claims about it being 'wrong'.  It undermines ones real argument, which is 'might makes right', or 'there are more of us than you, murderer'.

Ugh, please get out of the Democratic Party
Roll Eyes  I'm sure most Democrats here feel that way about you.

Oh, and just onemore quick question:  Is everyone here who doesn't agree with you an intolerant or a prude?
[/quote]

Yes, if they disagree with me on social issues.  Those who disagree with me on economics are either a) rich and reasonable, or b) deluded workers.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies