FL-GOV Chamber of Commerce: Gillum +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:33:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-GOV Chamber of Commerce: Gillum +4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: FL-GOV Chamber of Commerce: Gillum +4  (Read 3168 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »

So Gillum seem to established a uniform lead of about 3-4%. There are question though.

Is the polling better than it was in 2016, when it was biased to Hillary?

Will it hold up under the coming attacks?

Will the Florida Democrats be able to sustain a ground game to get their vote out?

I think DeSantis made a big mistake resigning.

Oh well, if Gillum wins, his program will be DOA in the legislature. 

Then luckily for us some of his programs are on the ballot as Amendments and so far the polling suggests they'll pass easily
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 05:04:01 PM »

The numbers for this race have been incredibly consistent. Looking forward to October polls.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 05:07:43 PM »

Oh well, if Gillum wins, his program will be DOA in the legislature. 

One step at a time.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 05:21:55 PM »

538 has also pointed out that the polls coming out of Florida indicate very few undecided voters compared to other gubernatorial races. This won’t be a race about persuasion, but base turnout, which gives Gillum an advantage due to the national environment. The ceilings and floors in Florida are fairly tight for both parties, but the lack of undecided voters and small but consistent leads for Gillum definitely point to him as the moderate favorite of the two right now.

Also, how amusing that Gillum might end up pulling Nelson over the line rather than the other way around.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2018, 07:06:11 PM »

I think it's time to call this Lean D. DeSantis is a disaster.

Preach it brother.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 07:26:49 PM »

I still wouldn't move this out of the tossup category, but Gillum is really defying (potentially unreasonable) expectations here! I really hope he pulls this off!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 07:41:14 PM »

Yea, GILLUM is and Nelson is helpful to him😁
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2018, 08:32:04 PM »

I'm in Tampa tonight on business--have seen several Gillum commercials where he comes across very well and appealing nicely to swing voters.  He's on CNN right now with Andrew Cuomo discussing hurricane preparations--perfectly targeted for the Florida voter.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »

So I got a Public Opinion poll clearly championed by the DeSantis survey camp a few minutes ago. The survey started remarkably well and asked questions like "If the election was today who would you vote for?" Then it all went to hell and the recorded voice started to suck up to Ronnie Boy to the point of fetish. Went on about how he's a champion of algae cleanup, Gillum supports measures that will cripple the economy and is a career corporate politician. After listening to that brainwashing diatribe targeted to manipulate the undecided voter all I have to say is, "Kiss my ass Ronnie, I'll vote for you when hell freezes over you ing fascist."

I wanna wake up with high speed rail to Orlando/Miami from Tampa, higher wages to my daughter's teachers so we can encourage better ones to come to the state and a minimum wage that will actually get my millennial cohorts out of mommy's house before the age of 25. But I'm sure the Florida GOP within the state will do everything it can to stop that because of "muh budget"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2018, 01:56:07 AM »

So I got a Public Opinion poll clearly championed by the DeSantis survey camp a few minutes ago. The survey started remarkably well and asked questions like "If the election was today who would you vote for?" Then it all went to hell and the recorded voice started to suck up to Ronnie Boy to the point of fetish. Went on about how he's a champion of algae cleanup, Gillum supports measures that will cripple the economy and is a career corporate politician. After listening to that brainwashing diatribe targeted to manipulate the undecided voter all I have to say is, "Kiss my ass Ronnie, I'll vote for you when hell freezes over you ing fascist."

I wanna wake up with high speed rail to Orlando/Miami from Tampa, higher wages to my daughter's teachers so we can encourage better ones to come to the state and a minimum wage that will actually get my millennial cohorts out of mommy's house before the age of 25. But I'm sure the Florida GOP within the state will do everything it can to stop that because of "muh budget"

Push-polls are such a dumb method of campaigning. I'm not sure it's ever moved any race by more than like 0.1 point.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2018, 02:08:19 PM »

If Gillum wins, it's hard for me to imagine Nelson losing.  Who on earth would vote for both Gillum and Scott?

Ticket-splitters maybe?

I mean, obviously.  But what would be the profile of someone voting for a progressive like Gillum and a right winger like Scott?  I don't think there will be very many people like that.

the key is to understand that the vast majority of americans do not have a coherent political ideology or position on any political spectrum

Sure, but if they felt like Scott was doing a good job, wouldn't that help the successor from his party?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2018, 02:21:07 PM »

I got the same poll today, it was annoying.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies