Miss West Virginia 2019 trashes Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 06:20:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Miss West Virginia 2019 trashes Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Miss West Virginia 2019 trashes Donald Trump  (Read 2974 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2018, 04:57:36 AM »

Ghost of Ruin has blocked me, but he should know that I'm only in my early '20s and don't agree with his vision of America.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2018, 05:16:01 AM »

Ghost of Ruin is going to be disappointed when he realizes the average age of /pol/ posters on 4chan, the average age of people who watch political videos on YouTube, and the politics of underclass high school students. Kids these days don't remember George W. Bush, the Iraq war, or even the 2008 economic crisis.

Their political memory begins with 2015-- they associate the Republican Party with a fun, subversive rebel who overcame all the odds and knows how to entertain with memes. And the Democratic party with a corrupt, dishonest establishment politician who isn't charismatic at all and lost.

If they're white-- which most of them are, in the conservative movement they see an ideology that doesn't attack them for their race, while in the liberal movement they see an ideology where they're supposed to debase themselves and have no social standing to speak about anything if accused of the magic R word. If they're 18 and live in West Virginia, they'll vote for Miller, not Ojeda.

Now, they are growing up under a Republican president who is overseeing peace and prosperity for all. They are getting wise to the adults who claim to know the truth, but aren't acting in good faith themselves. The kids are smarter than you think. They can see what's really going on. I only worry about the mental health of some adults if Trump succeeds. It seems to them, the president's success can only mean the country's failure.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2018, 05:18:08 AM »

Ironic that it was Miss West Virginia. That was Trump’s best state in 2016. Must have carpetbagged to Morgantown.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2018, 06:08:42 AM »

Ghost of Ruin is going to be disappointed when he realizes the average age of /pol/ posters on 4chan, the average age of people who watch political videos on YouTube, and the politics of underclass high school students. Kids these days don't remember George W. Bush, the Iraq war, or even the 2008 economic crisis.

Their political memory begins with 2015-- they associate the Republican Party with a fun, subversive rebel who overcame all the odds and knows how to entertain with memes. And the Democratic party with a corrupt, dishonest establishment politician who isn't charismatic at all and lost.

If they're white-- which most of them are, in the conservative movement they see an ideology that doesn't attack them for their race, while in the liberal movement they see an ideology where they're supposed to debase themselves and have no social standing to speak about anything if accused of the magic R word. If they're 18 and live in West Virginia, they'll vote for Miller, not Ojeda.

Now, they are growing up under a Republican president who is overseeing peace and prosperity for all. They are getting wise to the adults who claim to know the truth, but aren't acting in good faith themselves. The kids are smarter than you think. They can see what's really going on. I only worry about the mental health of some adults if Trump succeeds. It seems to them, the president's success can only mean the country's failure.
We associate the republicans with the current administration. A dislike of trump is normal among high school kids.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2018, 06:14:10 AM »

Donald Trump did not cause today's divisions.  Period.  They have been here since the 1990s and have steadily grown.  I grant her the point that Trump has not helped in healing division, but I  don't see where either side wants unity when they believe that they can have victory.

Just exactly what would the end of division look like, absent a mass exodus of one side or the other?  What can be agreed on?

No, the division cannot be traced to Trump.

That said, he has deepened the division and furthered it greatly beyond what it was before he ran for president.

He is not responsible for its beginnings, but he is responsible for a great deal of it getting a whole lot worse in recent years.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2018, 08:35:30 AM »

Ironic that it was Miss West Virginia. That was Trump’s best state in 2016. Must have carpetbagged to Morgantown.

I was curious about that myself, so I googled her yesterday and while she and her family don't live there anymore (smart move) she grew up in Princeton, WV in the extreme southern part of the state, deep in coal country.  She had been working as a dancer for Disney and supposedly will attend Columbia after her reign is over.  I Imagine most of the women in the pageant gravitate towards NYC or LA for professional reasons.  It's not like there really is anything for her in WV for her anyway.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2018, 08:40:08 AM »

Polling data does not bear this out (granted I’m skeptical of the idea that Flawless Beautiful millennials just need to wait for Boomers to die off and the US will magically become Norway)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »

We associate the republicans with the current administration. A dislike of trump is normal among high school kids.
Hell a dislike of the whole party is normal during the edgy period of your life. For example, I used to be a Randist.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2018, 09:48:00 AM »

Hell a dislike of the whole party is normal during the edgy period of your life. For example, I used to be a Randist.
You also used to be a white supremacist.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2018, 09:52:23 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2018, 09:59:27 AM by Ron DeSanchez »

You also used to be a white supremacist.
Nope, not true. I never ever expressed support for white supremacy. I just parroted white nationalist talking points while being unaware of just how serious actual institutionalized racism is. That’s a falsehood.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies