TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:20:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN-SEN (NBC/Marist): Bredesen+2  (Read 12899 times)
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« on: September 07, 2018, 08:05:59 PM »

Imagine living in a state where Marsha Blackburn has a +10 favorability rating. I feel so sorry for progressives living in red states.

You realize Pennsylvania is a red state, right?

Um, no it isn't? Do you even understand the concept of red and blue states?

You see, one election that a Republican won by 0.72% with a lower share of the vote than George W. Bush in 2004 makes a state blood red. /s
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 11:17:35 PM »

Imagine living in a state where Marsha Blackburn has a +10 favorability rating. I feel so sorry for progressives living in red states.

You realize Pennsylvania is a red state, right?

Um, no it isn't? Do you even understand the concept of red and blue states?

You see, one election that a Republican won by 0.72% with a lower share of the vote than George W. Bush in 2004 makes a state blood red. /s

Pennsylvania is trending Republican. Trump's steel tariffs help its industries. The rallies he's getting in traditional Democratic strongholds like Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (one of the places mentioned by Mario Cuomo in his "two Cities" speech) is huge. In 2000, Tennessee was only red by "one election" too. Anyways, I just thought Shadow's comment was ironic. Back on topic.

Are you seriously going to compare a Southern state like TN that gave GWB a majority of the vote against one of their own Senators in 2000 to PA giving Trump a narrow plurality victory? It's especially an awful comparison since Bush ended up staying popular in TN and Trump has tanked hard in the state.

Let me put it this way: An extremely well-liked ex-governor is the Democratic nominee in TN, and he's barely ahead despite having a massive net favourability lead.

Meanwhile in PA, both Casey in the Senate and Wolf in the gubernatorial race appear well on their way to annihilating their opponents. We also saw Democrats flip a US House seat that Trump won by 20 points right at the same time those steel tariffs you mentioned got put in.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies