Labor Snap Convention Fall 2018 - Chicago, IL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Snap Convention Fall 2018 - Chicago, IL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Labor Snap Convention Fall 2018 - Chicago, IL  (Read 6859 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:11:15 AM »
« edited: January 01, 2019, 05:25:06 PM by Sestak »

The Labor Party is getting revived! Months of slumber for Labor have seen tough times in Atlasia and the left. We have recently grown frustrated about the Progressive Union Party for a few reasons. Notably, they have unanimously voted for a number of right-wing bills in Congress, and embarrassingly flopped in the midterms last weekend, losing the house and two Senate seats. Now a small group of dedicated leftists has gathered together to revive the Labor Party to better serve the interests of the left. And as registration this week suggests, it's shaping up to be a success.

Our goal with this convention is to stand with the labor movement. After all, we're the Labor Party, and this convention is being called on Labor Day. Plus, we're in Chicago, where unions are alive and well and have a long history. Isn't that neat?

Delegates sign in below.

Delegates
Senator-elect MB
Senator canis
Fmr. Senator Mike Wells
Senator-elect Sestak
Senator Adam Griffin
Fmr. Senator Ted Bessell
Fmr. MP Devout Centrist
Spenstar
PragmaticPopulist
Adam Filinovich
Chief Justice Windjammer
Harry S Truman, GM
Rep.-elect Jimmy7812
Rep. weatherboy1102
Asm. Zaybay
Justice Gass3268
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 12:12:27 AM »

x MB
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 12:14:14 AM »

x Canis
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:15:50 AM »

x Mike Wells
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 12:16:20 AM »

x Sestak
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 12:20:21 AM »

x AG
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 12:20:50 AM »

x Ted Bessell
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 12:34:32 AM »

X Devout Centrist
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 12:36:27 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2018, 04:47:33 PM by People's Speaker Pericles »

This is a ridiculous Federalist scam to undermine the left. The old Labor Party is dead, this is a completely different party that happens to have the same name. I'm not going to let this stand, Atlasia deserves an actual multi-party state. Let's not be a country like Uzbekistan which is de facto one-party and the other parties exist solely to praise the ruler and create the appearance of fairness, while destroying any real competition. And Sestak, you're one to talk about ideological purity given you voted for Yankee and support his agenda, never once coming to the aid of the left in their time of need until now when you can pretend to be their messiah to further this charade. We've had leaders in the Federalist Party asking PUP members to join Labor. Furthermore, I reject the myth that we rolled over for the right-and Sestak you should know that more than anyone as thanks to us your beloved HELIOS is law over a Federalist veto. Off the top of my head, in the last Congress PUP;                                                                                                                                                                                                                      -Removed Federalist cuts to the postal service
-Supported protecting small businesses from Federalist cuts to the Flood Insurance Program
-Passed comprehensive criminal justice reform
-Passed an expansion of the child tax credit that will substantially reduce child poverty
 -Fought for greater mental health protections in schools                                                                                                                                                                                                                            -Voted for strengthening Atlasia's unions(Employee Free Choice Act)                                                                                                                                                                                               -Passed the HELIOS Act over a presidential veto, making college more affordable for millions                                                                                                                                                -Rejected misguided regulation cuts(Regulatory Process Reform Act)
The vast majority of other bills were stuff that should get unanimous support, like protecting animal welfare, and when bills have gone too far we have stood up to them.

No party is perfect, but I will not stand for the BS that is being heaped around in spades, and the lies and dirty tricks against PUP. We had the transition already to a new party, it was hard enough to do it once, and there is absolutely no need to do it again. And if you're genuinely concerned about past election losses the proper response isn't to destroy the existing party structure but to work within it to improve the party. But I know that this isn't a genuine good-faith effort to improve the left, it is an effort to destroy the dominant force on the left-driven in part by the petty feuds of certain Federalist aligned actors. Atlasians should think critically about what is really going on, and not simply swallow the dishonest narratives they are being spoon-fed by the Federalist Party and its allies.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 12:44:13 AM »

PUP is so weak, yet fhtagn and YT think I'm dangerous and what's more work to revive the Labor Party to destroy PUP.

And then windjammer admits to working with the Federalists on this and not being involved in the recruitment-which begs the question; who is?
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 12:47:45 AM »

Hoorah for the Labor Party! Like any self-respecting democracy, our great nation's left wing is a beautiful array of organizations fighting, together, for the common person.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 12:54:08 AM »

Pericles, didn’t you vote for the Labor candidate in the Senate race?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 12:57:12 AM »

Which Senate race?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 01:00:41 AM »

Which Senate race?

Sorry meant that you endorsed MB in the recent senate race
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 01:05:03 AM »

PUP is so weak, yet fhtagn and YT think I'm dangerous and what's more work to revive the Labor Party to destroy PUP.

And then windjammer admits to working with the Federalists on this and not being involved in the recruitment-which begs the question; who is?

To be fair, my "same" reply was to supporting a Labor comeback, the second sentence just came up before mine posted.  I don't think there's really anything dangerous about incompetence.

As I also showed you in our PMs, and as many who rejoined labor in the last few days could probably tell you, I haven't contacted a single one of them asking them to join a party I'm not even in.

So I suggest taking those wild accusations elsewhere.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 01:09:03 AM »

Which Senate race?

Sorry meant that you endorsed MB in the recent senate race

Oh right that! Funny story, I saw MB was running and presumed it was for an open seat as so didn't believe he'd run against ninja and so endorsed him. However upon being corrected I deleted the endorsement. I didn't really mind who won tbf as both candidates are FF posters but probably would have voted Ninja if I was a Lincolnite.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 01:14:46 AM »

I know some recruits joined just for the hell of it and there was a bandwagon effect, but a large part of this is a concerted deliberate dirty tricks campaign to undermine PUP and the left.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 01:30:35 AM »

I know some recruits joined just for the hell of it and there was a bandwagon effect, but a large part of this is a concerted deliberate dirty tricks campaign to undermine PUP and the left.
Win a presidential election then we can talk.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 01:32:48 AM »

There is no effort by the Federalists to undermine the left.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 03:43:13 AM »

Of course I have been working with them!  I would work with the devil himself if it means bringing it back a competent leftwing party.

I don't know what is your point? That is wrong to work with the Federalist Party? You literally made deals behind the scene with them, giving them a senate seat in the Lincoln leftwing stronghold in exchange for them to  pass some of your legislation.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 04:10:35 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2018, 04:21:15 AM by People's Speaker Pericles »

First of all, I've apologized for my deal with LT so that isn't an accurate representation of my current views. And secondly, the case that PUP is incompetent has been unconvincing, especially when Sestak of all people lectures PUP for being insufficiently ideologically pure and subservient to the Feds(which is plainly false). Furthermore windjammer, what have you done to try and create a competent left-wing? You've sat on the sidelines for the last few months, while I worked my ass off to get PUP off the ground and slowly build it up until it became the largest party. It's easy for people to complain on the sidelines, but it's harder to actually help the left. There's absolutely no point in tearing down the party that was created after months of painstaking work and go all the way back to January and February. And, windjammer, you yourself say you didn't even do the recruiting. This is a sick, sad parody of the old Labor Party, acted out by the Federalists and their allies. If you didn't do the recruiting, who did? When we have YT and fhtagn encouraging this endeavor to undermine PUP, and Sestak acting in bad faith to try and rub salt in the wounds he and others have created, I have a very hard time believing this is a good faith endeavor. I'm willing to bet there's more out there, showing this for the corrupt enterprise it is. I'm proud of PUP, I'm proud of our record, and I'll defend it happily. And I won't tolerate this ridiculous charade.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 09:59:22 AM »

x Spenstar
ajwiopjawefoiwefnwn
JaydonBrooks
Rookie
United States
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 10:23:07 AM »

I’m not affiliated with any move regarding this party, nor do I ever want to be.
Mhmm...sure.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 10:24:54 AM »

x Santander
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix