VA-07: Paul Ryan's PAC Obtained Spanberger's Security Application
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:12:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-07: Paul Ryan's PAC Obtained Spanberger's Security Application
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: VA-07: Paul Ryan's PAC Obtained Spanberger's Security Application  (Read 4575 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 11:53:42 PM »

If this seat flips I will change my sig to Ocasio for a week. You people are too overconfident and hopefully our party leadership is not like that too (thank gravy I don't think they are) otherwise we would be screwed. This seat is not flipping with a decent incumbent who has done very well in the district, against a meh candidate. Not even Northam won it in an open race where he destroyed Gillespie statewide.

Meh, you could change your sig all you want, but you'll still be you.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 11:54:51 PM »

Tbh imo, this won't really impact the race at all.

Yeah, Spanberger’s gonna win anyway. This just increases her margin.

Well no she was not going to win anyway. Brat is a moderate image and good incumbent who does really well in the district, and Spanberger is like only one or two steps above mediocre, even Northam lost this seat by like 4 in an open setting in his statewide trouncing. Good news is that we don't need this distract to win the house at all.

In what world does Brat have a moderate image?

Appointed by Kaine to some board thing, favors term limits, and also you don't have to have a moderate voting record to have a moderate image. I never said he was a moderate, I said he has a moderate image. I mean you got people like Valadao and Katko who have voting records that are no where near moderate, but they still have that "moderate image" if you know what I mean.

Lol.

Brat is one of the most notable members of the Freedom Caucus. He won the seat by running further to the right of Cantor.

He isn't a moderate, or has a moderate reputation.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2018, 11:55:33 PM »

If this seat flips I will change my sig to Ocasio for a week.

Putting this here for posterity.

Fair enough, I had a Jill Stein sig when I was wrong about Alabama, I'm not like others in that sense, I'll do it happily knowing Brat lost.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 11:55:59 PM »

If this seat flips I will change my sig to Ocasio for a week. You people are too overconfident and hopefully our party leadership is not like that too (thank gravy I don't think they are) otherwise we would be screwed. This seat is not flipping with a decent incumbent who has done very well in the district, against a meh candidate. Not even Northam won it in an open race where he destroyed Gillespie statewide.
Brat is not a decent incumbent nor is Abigail “meh”.  Also Kaine is going to beat Corey by way more than Northam beated Ed

Well duh, everyone knows that, Kaine will win by something like 56-41.

Have you seen how well Brat has done in VA 7th?
So if Kaine is going to outperform Northam by a lot and Ralph lost this district by 4 then logically.......
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 11:56:36 PM »

Brat is not a decent incumbent nor is Abigail “meh”.  Also Kaine is going to beat Corey by way more than Northam beated Ed

So if Kaine is going to outperform Northam by a lot and Ralph lost this district by 4 then logically.......

Yes, Kaine will win the district.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »

An that doesn’t help Abigail at all?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 11:58:32 PM »

If he outperforms Northam, then there is no way Brat can win. Unless there is some Brat/Kaine voters out there that I didn't know about.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 11:58:38 PM »

Heck yeah it will, that's why I think Brat only wins by 5-6 points unlike his previous teen margin in 2016 and low 20s trouncing in 2014.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 11:59:27 PM »

43 year old white Chesterfield County businessmen will vote for both Kaine and Brat because they are both good government moderates.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2018, 12:02:46 AM »

Off-topic, but it is amazing how morally bankrupt the VA GOP has become since Obama won in 2008.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2018, 12:03:45 AM »

43 year old white Chesterfield County businessmen will vote for both Kaine and Brat because they are both good government moderates.

Essentially moderate suburban nevertrumper republicans who will keep voting gop down ballot, but vote for the the dem if the gop nominee is a prick like Trump or Stewart. I think they will exist in decent numbers. I mean they certainly did in 2016 here, I don't think it's that hard to imagine Kaine doing better than Spanburger here.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2018, 02:16:37 AM »

Off-topic, but it is amazing how morally bankrupt the VA GOP has become since Obama won in 2008.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »

How the heck has Bagel managed to hijack and derail such a serious thread with his Limo-like concern trolling?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »

A Buzzfeed report on what happened. Most charitable explanation is a gargantuan clerical error that should result in a swift firing.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/gracewyler/usps-releases-cia-officer-security-clearance-application
Jeppe
Bosse
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 08:49:53 AM »

Like, is Bagel legit claiming that Brat is a moderate. He’s literally peak Tea Party, who’s been described as way too conservative for his seat.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 09:09:36 AM »

How the heck has Bagel managed to hijack and derail such a serious thread with his Limo-like concern trolling?

Baked dough ring boi is just worried, just like how he thought Balderson was going to win by high single digits and spammed every single OH-12 thread with it
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 09:13:39 AM »

Anyway, Spanberger was already the favorite in this race and this brazen misuse of power by those who got their grubby hands on Spanberger's confidential documents isn't going to look good, especially in a state like Virginia.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 09:15:38 AM »

Worth recalling China stole a ton of SF86s some years back, so it could come from FIS too. Unlikely, though.

It's possible (indeed more than possible) they somehow obtained an SF-86 file stolen in the Chinese hack from an intermediary on the Dark Web, in which case a crime was almost certainly committed.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 09:20:49 AM »

If only Paul Ryan listened to Bagel he would've known that he wouldn't have had to resort to such a desperate move because the race is safe likely R anyway.

Anyway, maybe this is what they mean by all the "good oppo research." Illegally leaked material.

May or not be illegal yet though, we gotta wait to see what findings turn up, it's really too early to tell right now.

No, it's not too early to tell.  Apart from privacy laws that were likely violated here, it's definitely illegal in Virginia (among other states) to publish an individual's SSN. 
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 09:21:29 AM »

LOL, the VAGOP pulled this kind of stunt in a national security hawk state like Virginia?!  Bye-bye Brat.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2018, 09:22:06 AM »

LOL, the VAGOP pulled this kind of stunt in a national security hawk state like Virginia?!  Bye-bye Brat.

Paul Ryan did, the VAGOP just came along for the ride.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2018, 09:22:57 AM »

Anyway, how exactly is Spanberger responsible for the fact that a Saudi school forced its female student to were hijabis? Isn't that a decision made by Saudi authorities?
What was she supposed to do, start a revolution?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2018, 09:27:59 AM »

Anyway, how exactly is Spanberger responsible for the fact that a Saudi school forced its female student to were hijabis? Isn't that a decision made by Saudi authorities?

The message isn’t based in fact, it’s “muh MOOSLIMs”
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2018, 09:37:28 AM »

The easy way to counter this is to fire back about the GOP's support for arms sales to the Saudis and their atrocities in Yemen. Unfortunately, the VA-DEMs are too cucked to do this.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2018, 10:18:20 AM »

You act as if Republicans would vote based on economics and policy rather than on Muslims wearing hijabs and black people kneeling
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies