How Will Corey Stewart Do In Prince William County?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:42:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How Will Corey Stewart Do In Prince William County?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How Much Of The Vote Will Corey Stewart Get In Prince William County VA 2018 Senate GE?
Less than 30%
30-35%
35-40%
40-45%
45-50%
50-55%
55-60%
More than 60%
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: How Will Corey Stewart Do In Prince William County?  (Read 1485 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2018, 01:29:02 AM »

I think this could be the big anomaly of the race, even though I think Kaine wins Virginia around 56-41 in the end, I could see him winning Prince William by only 3-5 points, or even losing it in a theoretical underwhelming dem performance. Stewart is from there, and has just done remarkably well there in primaries and GE's. Regardless of whether or not you like Stewart, you have to give him credit for doing so well in Prince William so many times. Especially since he is not even the type of Republican that is generally thought of as a good fit for the county. He is quite alt right and crazy and it is impressive how well he keeps doing there. Right now, I think Kaine wins Prince William 51-46. This is not to say that the statewide race will be close, because there is little chance of that happening, rather Prince William has a good chance of being an outlier, fluke, or an anomaly due to individual candidate strength in this one location from the otherwise Stewart shellacking state margins in which he easily loses by double digits to Kaine. What do yall think?
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 12:06:25 PM »

I think there's a big difference between Stewart winning the county in nutty VA-GOP primaries and Stewart winning the county in a GE, against a significantly stronger challenger, in an unfavorable area. Even if he's from there, that doesn't change the fact that he's an awful candidate and an awful fit for his home county. Ultimately, I don't think his past strength in elections with much less press and much more conservative electorates will carry over to this election.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 01:28:47 PM »

Probably less than 30%, with Kaine getting a bit shy of 70% there.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 04:22:28 PM »

35-40%.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 08:44:19 PM »

I am feeling more confident about Kaine winning PWC. He has a really good ad just out that I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVY8AdOMcsg  He's going to do decent with the stay at home mom demographic.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »

LOL, this thread didn't age well.
AudmanOut
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 06:02:37 PM »

Do they ever?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 07:20:14 PM »

True, but your prediction was alright.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 04:40:08 PM »

I remain not merely surprised, but downright shocked, if this guy is still chairman of the Board of Supervisors in that county. Surely this is going to be his last term, whether he runs for reelection or not? PWC is changed so drastically since he was elected, and he has been so thoroughly outed as an extremist white nationalist, that I can't see the county that just voted against him nearly two-to-one for the US Senate supporting him for reelection even to local office.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 05:22:48 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2018, 05:27:47 PM by Virginiá »

This really shouldn't be a surprise. Just because Stewart is chair of the board of supervisors doesn't mean he has any sort of local popularity or other electoral benefits. I doubt most people outside of committed partisans know what supervisors they are voting for or anything else about them. Also, Stewart has been elected once every 4 years during Virginia's low turnout off-off-year legislative elections, where as few as 20-30% of voters turn out. Most PWC people voting in a midterm election have probably never seen him on a ballot (other than his primary campaign in 2017)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 06:16:50 PM »

I remain not merely surprised, but downright shocked, if this guy is still chairman of the Board of Supervisors in that county. Surely this is going to be his last term, whether he runs for reelection or not? PWC is changed so drastically since he was elected, and he has been so thoroughly outed as an extremist white nationalist, that I can't see the county that just voted against him nearly two-to-one for the US Senate supporting him for reelection even to local office.

With hindsight, I'd say this is the correct take now.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 06:25:44 PM »

if Corey Stewart is such an "extremist white nationalist" why did people like me support him and why did people like fhtagn and other atlas users vote for him?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 06:27:13 PM »

if Corey Stewart is such an "extremist white nationalist" why did people like me support him and why did people like fhtagn and other atlas users vote for him?
I could've sworn fhtagn refused to vote for him.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 06:33:30 PM »

I thought so too, Maybe she changed her mind though. Her endorsements show that she endorsed the libertarian

And I also asked her a few months back as well:

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »

To own the libs.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 07:03:55 PM »

Yeah pretty sure Fhtagn voted for waters
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 07:49:09 PM »

To own the libs.

hmm...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies