MI-Gov: Gravis Poll Has Whitmer Blowing Out Schuette After Primary 52-37
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:12:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI-Gov: Gravis Poll Has Whitmer Blowing Out Schuette After Primary 52-37
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MI-Gov: Gravis Poll Has Whitmer Blowing Out Schuette After Primary 52-37  (Read 1945 times)
mds32
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 20, 2018, 08:10:26 PM »

Gravis Marketing
Michigan Governor
Whitmer (D) 52%
Schuette (R) 37%

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/docs/Michigan_(August_16_2018).pdf
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 08:17:10 PM »

Excellent!

Also, Gravis, lol.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 08:24:33 PM »

It's Gravis, but I really hope it's accurate so I can accept my accolades for saying this could be the inverse of the 2010 race.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 08:54:38 PM »

Um they have 18-29 year olds as the only age group supporting a ban on abortion by a 10 point margin...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 08:59:18 PM »

No need to worry about this race.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 08:59:50 PM »

Did it HAVE to be Gravis. I was getting excited...

On that 18-29 thing, it’s best to ignore it as that group will be pretty small and cross tabs of pretty small sample sizes don’t mean an awful lot.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 09:11:09 PM »

Um they have 18-29 year olds as the only age group supporting a ban on abortion by a 10 point margin...

Crosstabs can sometimes be weird, plus Graivs.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 09:13:19 PM »

That's a peak Gravis crosstab.
mds32
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »

JUNK POLL.

Can we please ban mds from inputing polls, especially when he tried to ignore the Marist polls for as long as possible, yet adds any R-friendly gunk immediately?

So R-friendly.
mds32
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 12:05:34 AM »

With these numbers, Dems could win the legislature

They would arguably win the State House. The State Senate has stayed safely with the GOP through a similar margin of about 15% in 2006.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 01:13:57 AM »

>Gravis

I guess this result isn't impossible, but I'm guessing Schuette at least keeps it within single digits. Something like 53-45 would be my prediction.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 12:11:31 PM »

Tossup/Tilt R
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »

Your trolling isn't even funny anymore.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 06:45:09 PM »

I know it's Gravis, but wasn't Whitmer supposed to be a Hillary Clinton clone? She lost the primary and the general election there, you know. Michigan hates female candidates!
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 06:51:12 PM »

I know it's Gravis, but wasn't Whitmer supposed to be a Hillary Clinton clone? She lost the primary and the general election there, you know. Michigan hates female candidates!

No she’s supposed to be a Granholm clone. Schuette has nothing to run on other than boogeyman politics, so the next three months will be a “GRANHOLM!!!!!!!!!!!” refrain from the R side.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 06:51:56 PM »

No she’s supposed to be a Granholm clone. Schuette has nothing to run on other than boogeyman politics, so the next three months will be a “GRANHOLM!!!!!!!!!!!” refrain from the R side.

Most Republicans have nothing other than boogeyman politics.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »

Wait, are Michigan Republicans really running a campaign based around a lady that hasn't held office in 8 years and hasn't been on the ballot in over a decade? Or are you just theorizing?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 02:25:14 PM »

Wait, are Michigan Republicans really running a campaign based around a lady that hasn't held office in 8 years and hasn't been on the ballot in over a decade? Or are you just theorizing?

AFP anti-Whitmer “Granholm Clone” ad: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q636K_EN6mU

Schuette primary ad comparing Brian Calley to Granholm: https://youtube.com/watch?v=azxsZsZqXvE

Schuette ad on “the Granholm-Whitmer tax hike” https://youtube.com/watch?v=5xMX0ptdUak

The sad truth is that Jennifer Granholm is still toxic in this state to many voters. None of the problems that occurred from 2003-2011 were her fault, she just had the misfortune of being in office during the Great Recession. It’s no different from the Jon Ossoff race where after issues didn’t work, Handel just screamed “NANCY PELOSI!!!!!!!!!!!” and “SAN FRANCISCO!!!!!!!!!!” nonstop.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 06:20:12 PM »

>Gravis

I guess this result isn't impossible, but I'm guessing Schuette at least keeps it within single digits. Something like 53-45 would be my prediction.

I see no reason Whitmer can’t win a victory like this when a landslide like this happened in a red wave.
I'd say 53-45 sounds about right. In 2014, Land refused to debate Peters and appeared ill at ease in one media appearance, which hurt her campaign. As for this year, yes, much of Schuette's campaign so far has sought to link Whitmer to Granholm; he seems to be running on the theme of "control taxes, control spending" which resonates with many MI voters, but by no means with all of, say, Trump's 2016 voters.
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 09:33:25 PM »

I think Whitmer is a phenomenal candidate. Democrats have EXCELLENT candidates in important nationwide seats. I want nothing more than to see this Blue Wave come to fruition.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 10:07:50 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2018, 10:28:39 PM by IceSpear »

I think Whitmer is a phenomenal candidate. Democrats have EXCELLENT candidates in important nationwide seats. I want nothing more than to see this Blue Wave come to fruition.

Are you sure? Atlas told me she's a horrible candidate because she has a vagina. If only she had a Y chromosome, got arrested multiple times for drunken joyrides, and didn't take care her of her kids, then she'd be a stellar candidate!
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »

Are you sure? Atlas told me she's a horrible candidate because she has a vagina. If only she had a Y chromosome, got arrested multiple times for drunken joyrides, and didn't take care her of her kids, then she'd be a stellar candidate!

Classic IceSpear post. First you ask the snappy rhetorical question, then you derail the entire conversation with a completely irrelevant strawman. Who exactly has been saying Whitmer is a weak candidate?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 05:32:09 PM »

Classic IceSpear post. First you ask the snappy rhetorical question, then you derail the entire conversation with a completely irrelevant strawman. Who exactly has been saying Whitmer is a weak candidate?

For starters, several people in this thread which took two seconds to find on Google:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=288579.0

Of course there were plenty of other posts of that nature in other threads, especially from before the primary, but I don't feel like digging through them all.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2018, 05:33:44 PM »

For starters, several people in this thread which took two seconds to find on Google:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=288579.0

Of course there were plenty of other posts of that nature in other threads, especially from before the primary, but I don't feel like digging through them all.

All I see is a bunch of predictions that have no basis in sexism and a few blue avatars trolling.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2018, 05:35:23 PM »

Rule #1 of Atlas: every female candidate is bad because "MUH HILLARY LOST NARROWLY IN 2016".
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies