Make a confession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:06:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Make a confession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: Make a confession  (Read 16816 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »

When i was 25, i drove away from Police who chased me with their sirens on. I drove around a corner onto a one way road and parked inside a business car park and ducked down. Then when they drove past at high speed, i followed their path, turned off the one way road and they had no chance of return.

Then i proceeded to work.

It was like a scene out of Mission Impossible and i knew i was going to get away because i knew the area so well.

Did they find you later? Why were they following you?

Oh, and What's the statute of limitations for fleeing an officer in Australia, and what is your RL name? Grin
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2018, 01:28:04 PM »

I Shot The Sheriff

..but I swear it was in Self-Defense.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2018, 11:40:08 PM »

I was, quite literally, dropped on my head as a child. My Mother was coming down some outside stairs on a rainy day and slipped, - and there I went. Luckily after a trip to the hospital I was totally fine, besides some minor bruising and a soft spot that remains to this day. You can imagine the hayday siblings and friends have with this when I tell them. Everything I say is immediately dismissed because, well, 'you were dropped on your head!'
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2018, 05:06:05 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2018, 06:48:26 AM by Meclazine »

When i was 25, i drove away from Police who chased me with their sirens on. I drove around a corner onto a one way road and parked inside a business car park and ducked down. Then when they drove past at high speed, i followed their path, turned off the one way road and they had no chance of return.

Then i proceeded to work.

It was like a scene out of Mission Impossible and i knew i was going to get away because i knew the area so well.

Did they find you later? Why were they following you?

Oh, and What's the statute of limitations for fleeing an officer in Australia, and what is your RL name? Grin

I will have to limit my story there, but running from the Police was a bigger crime than the one they would have alleged against me. Minor traffic offence.

I just remember thinking "like f#$%k" when they started chasing me and i took off.

I was outta there faster than an Italian Cruise Ship Captain.

The best part was the sirens going past at 100 mph and then realising i got away so easily.

#convictheritage
gottsu
Poland

« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2018, 02:55:21 PM »

I caught some snippy cold during Christmas, but I can say, I am now good.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »

I'm repulsed by sandals.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »

everyone is
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2018, 05:38:33 PM »

I am repulsed by sandals with socks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #158 on: December 29, 2018, 06:06:12 PM »

One relative (by marriage mind you) came to my dad's funeral wearing a fine suit and sandals with white socks.

True story.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: December 29, 2018, 07:12:59 PM »

One relative (by marriage mind you) came to my dad's funeral wearing a fine suit and sandals with white socks.

True story.

That’s so insulting on their part, I’m sorry that happened.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2018, 12:41:17 AM »

My actual identity is that I am really Beto O'Rourke. I am currently engaged in a massive conspiracy which was carefully planned even before I announced my candidacy against Ted Cruz for a Texas Senate seat. My plan was to fool progressives into thinking that I am one of them by running an extremely progressive campaign against Cruz, and turning that into a Presidential run and winning the Presidency in 2020. But, at heart, I am actually, in fact, an extremely Conservative Republican - though in fact, I am well to the right of almost everyone currently in the Republican party, and my primary motivation for running in 2020 is that Trump is not a True Conservative and is, in my opinion, way too progressive. So anyway, as soon as I have been elected President, my plan is to suddenly turn on Progressives and stab them in the back by pushing full throttle to privatize Social Security. That will be my lasting legacy as President - the destruction of Social Security and also any other remnants of the New Deal that I can spot.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2019, 10:16:57 PM »

Okay, this isn't really all that much of a confession, but I just want to admit how nice and underrated the Atlas community is. Yes, I know how much of a joke how toxic it is, but I feel like this place is genuinely nice on a personal level. I know this may seem edgy and Tumblresque, but I've gone through several swings of depression for the past couple years, and you all are lots of great people who I can just escape with. Although I will admit Atlas only made it worse throughout the first several months of my membership, I believe ever since I came back from my hiatus, I have been surrounded with lots of love and kindness from pretty much everyone I come across. Aside from a few bad eggs, I honestly love every single poster here. I don't have anybody on ignore. I have lots of respect for the lefties of Atlas, the righties, and the moderates as well.

I've just had a very negative and self-deprecating image of myself ever since I've had a self-image of myself, but you all have taught me to not be so tough on myself. I am definitely not the best person in the world, quite by a long shot. But, the fact that people on here don't want me thrown off a cliff has certainly helped. So a year and 800 posts later, I just wanted to say thanks. I love y'all.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2019, 10:36:23 PM »

Gothic people are 1000 times better than preps

I wonder how many people will get it
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2019, 01:39:22 AM »

Okay, this isn't really all that much of a confession, but I just want to admit how nice and underrated the Atlas community is. Yes, I know how much of a joke how toxic it is, but I feel like this place is genuinely nice on a personal level. I know this may seem edgy and Tumblresque, but I've gone through several swings of depression for the past couple years, and you all are lots of great people who I can just escape with. Although I will admit Atlas only made it worse throughout the first several months of my membership, I believe ever since I came back from my hiatus, I have been surrounded with lots of love and kindness from pretty much everyone I come across. Aside from a few bad eggs, I honestly love every single poster here. I don't have anybody on ignore. I have lots of respect for the lefties of Atlas, the righties, and the moderates as well.

I've just had a very negative and self-deprecating image of myself ever since I've had a self-image of myself, but you all have taught me to not be so tough on myself. I am definitely not the best person in the world, quite by a long shot. But, the fact that people on here don't want me thrown off a cliff has certainly helped. So a year and 800 posts later, I just wanted to say thanks. I love y'all.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2019, 05:21:21 AM »

There were a few people trying to attack me once and I threw a gumball machine at them.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2019, 06:57:31 AM »

I used to make the subtitles for The Lone Ranger series using online software.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2019, 02:32:36 PM »

I was wanting to have a whole aisle by myself one day, and thus I asked this other student to move. A shame, as I was close to making him my friend and I couldn’t do that as he never appeared on the bus again. Seems small, but to me this is the most serious regret of my life.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2019, 04:21:35 AM »

:: steps into the confessional booth ::

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.  

As a kid, I once ate a common household bug, just to see what it would taste like.  I recall saying that the bug was "crunchy".   

And you wonder why I "bug" everybody, LOL.  Wink
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2019, 07:09:07 PM »

Not really a confession, but I've never been to a Romney state before.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2019, 03:21:05 PM »

I lost my virginity when I was 14, summer between eighth grade and freshmen year, with my first 'girlfriend'. Here is the crazy part. I didn't even know age of consent was even a thing back then, so I had no idea what I was doing was even considered wrong.
we all owned you in your future political career
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #170 on: January 30, 2019, 07:44:45 AM »

Ive made people cry in court before.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2019, 08:13:17 PM »

Not really a confession, but I've never been to a Romney state before.

I've never spent more than 1 night in/drove through a Clinton state.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #172 on: January 31, 2019, 09:14:51 PM »

I spend all of my time either working or intoxicated and partying.

I need to like, take more time off to do nothing. But it's hard because every time I give myself time to think about things other than work or partying, it makes me depressed and want to crawl into a hole and never come out. That's not productive.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2019, 12:22:29 AM »

I spend all of my time either working or intoxicated and partying.

I need to like, take more time off to do nothing. But it's hard because every time I give myself time to think about things other than work or partying, it makes me depressed and want to crawl into a hole and never come out. That's not productive.

It sounds like you're very depressed and coping merely by avoiding yourself and reflecting on your emotions.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2019, 10:48:00 AM »

Most of the posters who remember my Ron Paul fanboyism are gone now, so I must confess

I volunteered for the Romney campaign in 2012, before I was even old enough to vote. Forgive me Father Marx, for I have sinned.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies