Crazy Trump Tweets Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:37:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Crazy Trump Tweets Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 71
Author Topic: Crazy Trump Tweets Megathread  (Read 108612 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2019, 05:07:57 AM »

Donald Trump apparently was a bored, old man sitting on the sofa all day, so he send out a total of 40 tweets:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/20/trump-tweet-shutdown-1116078
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2019, 06:28:03 AM »

It's doubtful Schilling gets in the Hall of Fame this year but not because of Trump's tweet, which will have no effect this year and little effect in the next three years. Schilling's problem is that there are several pitchers on the ballot for the first time this year that are at least as good as Schilling and at least one who is definitely better.

Edgar Martínez is the only one from last year's ballot that I think likely to get a spot. He was close last year and this is his final year of eligibility on the regular ballot.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2019, 08:48:41 AM »

He's descended all the way down to screaming racists nursery rhymes.

If I thought Republicans had any shame or dignity left, I'd be embarrassed for them.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »

He just came up with a new slogan. Side note: No, Mr. President, the "wall" you're talking about is NOT under construction, what is the reason for the shutdown. Lie number 7k plus x and counting.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2019, 09:07:21 PM »

He just came up with a new slogan. Side note: No, Mr. President, the "wall" you're talking about is NOT under construction, what is the reason for the shutdown. Lie number 7k plus x and counting.

Great! Let's build that wall around all the criminals that he surrounds himself with (including him)?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2019, 03:11:16 AM »

LOL...

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »

LOL...

This is so pathetic. The God Emperor really doesn't get the difference between weather and climate, right? And 60 degrees (especially not Fahrenheit)? Sure. How stupid is this guy?

And the issues "Da Nang Dick" had over his military service are peanuts compared to his own. "Da Nang Dick" actually served in the armed forces and didn't have bone spurs.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2019, 08:20:47 PM »

LOL...

This is so pathetic. The God Emperor really doesn't get the difference between weather and climate, right? And 60 degrees (especially not Fahrenheit)? Sure. How stupid is this guy?

And the issues "Da Nang Dick" had over his military service are peanuts compared to his own. "Da Nang Dick" actually served in the armed forces and didn't have bone spurs.

I'm not going to lie, "Da Nang Dick" is one of his better nicknames. Other than that, I agree with everything you said.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2019, 09:31:00 PM »

LOL...

I'm not going to lie, "Da Nang Dick" is one of his better nicknames. Other than that, I agree with everything you said.

I want to see a reporter corner him and ask him what he thinks "Da Nang" is, and not let him weasel out. Everyone always lets little Donnie get away with giving the answers that the kid who didn't read the book gave in grade school. 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2019, 02:35:39 AM »

LOL...

I want to see a reporter corner him and ask him what he thinks "Da Nang" is, and not let him weasel out. Everyone always lets little Donnie get away with giving the answers that the kid who didn't read the book gave in grade school. 

He should be asked whether he can find Da Nang on a blank map. LOL
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2019, 08:00:34 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2019, 09:09:52 AM »

Both in January.  Maybe Trump should just do a State of the Stock Market speech every year instead of SOTU.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2019, 01:17:30 AM »

So now The Wall is going to keep out extra-dimensional criminals, too? I know the Mango Moron is delusional (and xenophobic), but basing policy pronouncements off bad late-night sci-fi is pretty nuts, even by his standards.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2019, 04:51:40 AM »

Trump goes full-Juche:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2019, 12:21:53 PM »

The same old song of fearmondering without any real evidence.

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2019, 12:26:31 PM »

This tweet is so gross on so many levels:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2019, 10:28:48 AM »

The God Emperor is at again.

kyc0705

« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2019, 11:42:04 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2019, 11:45:35 AM by kyc0705 »

I've never thought that Baldwin's Trump is all that great (and last night was no exception), but since it routinely makes Trump very angry, I'm fine with it Smiley
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2019, 12:45:27 PM »

Fake News NBC gave us Trump. He would have vanished from the public consciousness in 2000 had NBC not given him a platform for over 10 years.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2019, 03:19:39 PM »

Fake News NBC gave us Trump. He would have vanished from the public consciousness in 2000 had NBC not given him a platform for over 10 years.

And his presidential campaign ambitions in 2015 would have gone nowhere had the "mainstream media" correctly and accurately linked (appropriately limited) reporting on him with: mobs ties, fraud, bankruptcy, and failure. Instead we got and endless stream of "Trump is so outrageous!"
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »

So, NBC allowing their program's staff writers to exercise their first amendment rights in order to please their target audience for ratings (ad money) is COLLUSION. But Manafort, Stone and Don Jr. meeting with Russians is just "business". Got it.

In two weeks we are going to see tweets about how Trump used to LOVE McDonalds, but now there's "VERY SAD COLLUSION" between "losing McDonalds" and Disney to sell Captain Marvel and Black Panther toys in happy meals, but never Tarzan or Superman or other "high energy winning" (Aryan) heros. "SAD LOSER LIBERAL DIVERSITY AGENDA! BOYCOTT! MAGA!!!"
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2019, 09:02:09 PM »

I've never thought that Baldwin's Trump is all that great (and last night was no exception), but since it routinely makes Trump very angry, I'm fine with it Smiley

I agree. If anything that's probably why they keep him on. I do feel bad for Darrell Hammond though. He was the forefather of Trump impressions and still has yet to be topped.
kyc0705

« Reply #197 on: February 19, 2019, 01:31:33 AM »

I agree. If anything that's probably why they keep him on. I do feel bad for Darrell Hammond though. He was the forefather of Trump impressions and still has yet to be topped.

Hammond's Trump was pretty solid, but I can definitely understand why Lorne Michaels replaced him going into the general election in 2016: he played Trump as a very broadly pitched cartoon, but Baldwin plays him as a specifically antagonistic cartoon villain, which is probably more desirable to audiences right now. I think Hammond is better at Trump's mannerisms and tics, whereas Baldwin captures what it feels like to hear Trump talk (and little else, if you ask me). It is possible/probable that Hammond getting replaced was inevitable, but I'd like to believe that if he'd modified the impression a little bit and played more into the character's shifts in perception during the campaign, he'd still be playing him.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #198 on: February 19, 2019, 02:48:13 AM »

I would like to know what definition of collusion one has to use to get it to apply to satirical representations of oneself.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #199 on: February 19, 2019, 02:54:16 AM »

I would like to know what definition of collusion one has to use to get it to apply to satirical representations of oneself.
The only thing that comes to mind on what he might be implying here would be that SNL is colluding with the Democrats (Pelosi? Schumer? AOC? Hillary?) to make Trump look bad, instead of being politically neutral. Not that Trump would EVER complain if they were pro-Trump. It's textbook conspiracy theory in that it's unnecessarily complicated. SNL could be (and, in fact, is) anti-Trump without any need to collude with Democrats.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies