MN-AG: Ellison accused of domestic abuse
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 06:50:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-AG: Ellison accused of domestic abuse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: MN-AG: Ellison accused of domestic abuse  (Read 8379 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 11:48:16 AM »

THIS is why I'm glad Abdul El-Sayed didn't win the Michigan primary.

Not cool, bro. Not cool.

I'm opposed to both Ellison and El-Sayed on ideological grounds but attacking their religion or heritage is disgusting.

In regards to the accusations: If they are true, Ellison needs to get out of his race and resign from Congress. The story of this woman and her son need to be heard.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »

"Progressives", you are not better then those, whom you accused with such joy and persistence....
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 11:50:56 AM »

"Progressives", you are not better then those, whom you accused with such joy and persistence....
you would make this about ideology...
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 12:01:25 PM »

Found the bumpkins
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2018, 12:02:05 PM »

Significant difference you’ve glossed over: progressives have recently been booting out their sexual predators while Republicans have been rallying around theirs.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 12:19:53 PM »

Well at least he'll be out of Congress come November. Goddamn. And this guy was one of the best the DFL had.

This is what happens when Democrats become too tolerant of sexual harassment within their ranks. I still can't believe the s--t Gillibrand got from liberals when she called for Franken's resignation. The more we make excuses for sexual abusers, the more sexual abusers will get elected.

seriously I’m not a huge Gillibramd fan but a LOT of people beclowned themselves with how they’ve treated her on this particular issue
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 12:33:18 PM »

This is why that stupid #MeToo movement needs to end. Ellison was one of our best gets for this cycle. This is what I was talking about when I said that if Franken resigned, the Republicans will find pay bimbo who’s never even met the politician to accuse him of sexual harassment any time we have an up-and-coming rising star.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 12:34:44 PM »

This is why that stupid #MeToo movement needs to end. Ellison was one of our best gets for this cycle. This is what I was talking about when I said that if Franken resigned, the Republicans will find pay bimbo who’s never even met the politician to accuse him of sexual harassment any time we have an up-and-coming rising star.
So far, we've had more Republican perps and jerks get caught in the #MeToo cycle than Dem ones.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2018, 12:36:03 PM »

Found the bumpkins

Is it all you can say? I knew that many "progressives" are not especially clever, but i never thought that it's true to such extent...
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2018, 12:37:45 PM »

Except that the source for these accusations is his former stepson. And the alleged victim is his ex-girlfriend. Not exactly "any bimbo" who's never met him.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2018, 12:39:43 PM »

Ellison should drop out and resign from congress if these allegations are true.

Moving MN-AG to Tossup for now.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2018, 12:41:36 PM »

This statement is problematic as hell. The Me Too movement is not stupid, it is about holding men accountable for using their power whether it be workplace or just their power in society period to abuse and take advantage of women. Your fave politicians are not exempt. Stop deifying politicians. They are capable of anything, and yes some of them will preach one thing in public and do another in private.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »

Significant difference you’ve glossed over: progressives have recently been booting out their sexual predators while Republicans have been rallying around theirs.

I didn't speak about Republicans here. In general - i am absolutely no fan of present day Republicans... At the same time this doesn't make #MeToo movement less idiotic
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2018, 12:44:24 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2018, 12:51:07 PM by smoltchanov »

This statement is problematic as hell. The Me Too movement is not stupid, it is about holding men accountable for using their power whether it be workplace or just their power in society period to abuse and take advantage of women. Your fave politicians are not exempt. Stop deifying politicians. They are capable of anything, and yes some of them will preach one thing in public and do another in private.

One question: who will make women accountable for THEIR action? I can swear they are no better then men, and quite able to make terrible things too. A new men's movement required???)))))
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2018, 12:45:47 PM »

My god this post is cancerous.

Yeah, the #metoo transgenders have people on standby to lie and destroy any candidate they wish. And they just happened to choose Keith Ellison, not a vulnerable Democratic senator like Joe Donnelly or Bill Nelson. Roll Eyes You sound like the insane Roy Moore defenders who said Democrats would "plant" women against any Republican. Funny how that never happened to Rick Saccone or Troy Balderson.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2018, 12:46:07 PM »

One question: who will make women accountable for THEIR action? I can swear they are no better then men, and quite able to make terrible things too. A new men's movement reuired???)))))

*galaxy brain*
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2018, 12:49:02 PM »

THIS.

And it's not just women and girls that are the victims, as Gym Jordan's scandal has shown.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2018, 12:51:07 PM »

Ellison should drop out and resign from congress if these allegations are true.

Moving MN-AG to Tossup for now.
The other candidate was actually favored to hold the seat better than Ellison, so I wouldnt be too fast about this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2018, 12:53:07 PM »

MN AG isn't a high profile election or one with lots of attention, its mostly pure coattails. And the GOP candidate is a nutjob who did legal counsel work for fundamentalist anti-gay groups.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »

This is some VA GOP level self-immolation by the MN DFL in the past year.  They are very lucky Trump is president.  If a Dem were in the WH, I have little doubt Klobuchar would end up being their only statewide elected official next year.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2018, 01:06:07 PM »

Roll Eyes
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2018, 01:06:35 PM »

My god this post is cancerous.

Yeah, the #metoo transgenders have people on standby to lie and destroy any candidate they wish. And they just happened to choose Keith Ellison, not a vulnerable Democratic senator like Joe Donnelly or Bill Nelson. Roll Eyes You sound like the insane Roy Moore defenders who said Democrats would "plant" women against any Republican. Funny how that never happened to Rick Saccone or Troy Balderson.
And this story/post has been out for how many hours? And Keith Ellison hasn't said a word. Because it's true. Who lets false accusations linger for 12 hours? LOL.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2018, 01:20:35 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2018, 01:26:02 PM by RogueBeaver »

Ellison denies the allegation, saying the video doesn't exist. He claims to still care for her.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2018, 01:23:13 PM »

If this is true, he should retire. Actions like this should be condemned regardless of one's ideology.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2018, 01:23:33 PM »

Well, now we have an indicator. If there is a video, then Ellison is guilty, but if there isnt a video, then the claim loses some(but not all) of its legitimacy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies