Which party is more left wing: Canadian NDP or UK Labour Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:47:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Which party is more left wing: Canadian NDP or UK Labour Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which party is more left wing
NDP

Labour Party

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Which party is more left wing: Canadian NDP or UK Labour Party  (Read 783 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »

Its hard to say but I would say Corbyn has moved the Labour further to the left than NDP
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 03:13:58 AM »

Right now it's Labour, especially if you consider antisemitism and support for radical terrorism as left-wing positions.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 04:19:50 AM »

Right now it's Labour, especially if you consider antisemitism and support for radical terrorism as left-wing positions.
Yes, because those things have never been part of the right.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 04:23:30 AM »

As a left-leaner, I'm definitely not denying this Smiley But the far-left has embraced an anti-globalist, anti-"imperialist" position that targets Jews and their state, and sometimes supports radical terrorists that target and slaughter citizens as "freedom fighters". That much is clear.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 05:36:05 AM »

As a left-leaner, I'm definitely not denying this Smiley But the far-left has embraced an anti-globalist, anti-"imperialist" position that targets Jews and their state, and sometimes supports radical terrorists that target and slaughter citizens as "freedom fighters". That much is clear.

Nobody is targeting the Jews, some are just targeting the Isreali state (which sometimes is excessive, yes.)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 07:21:01 AM »

It might have been a valid question pre-2015, but definitely not since then.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 07:58:27 AM »

Nobody is targeting the Jews, some are just targeting the Isreali state (which sometimes is excessive, yes.)

Many within Labour are definitely targeting the Jews. The examples are too many to count by now.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 08:11:18 AM »

Many within Labour are definitely targeting the Jews. The examples are too many to count by now.

Which elected member of the labour party is targeting the Jews?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 01:34:15 PM »

Pete Willsman, for example? How about the entire party's refusal to accept the widely-accepted definition of antisemitism? Not to mention the Jewish Labour members targeted by the party's base. And of course, extreme attacks on Israel and its signaling-out are antisemitic dog-whistles.

There are times, when a party becomes too toxic and disgusting. Likud, for example, has become such a party, and thus I will never support it again until it's completely cleansed of its current slate. British Labour is another party, one that became even more toxic to me- an almost antisemitic party. As such, I'll never support them, not until they're cleansed of the antisemitism.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 01:38:01 PM »

NDP is a left-wing party. UK Labour under Corbyn is a racist populist party designed for a post-Brexit world.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 02:00:47 PM »

Right now, definitely Labour and it's not close.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »

At the moment Labour without question. However there was a time when it was the opposite. The NDP never went as close to the centre as Labour did under Tony Blair, but definitely not as left wing as Corbyn. Brown and Miliband would be on the political spectrum where the NDP falls while Tony Blair would probably be a liberal in Canada and Corbyn would be more a fringe type in the NDP.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 09:28:06 PM »

Pete Willsman, for example? How about the entire party's refusal to accept the widely-accepted definition of antisemitism? Not to mention the Jewish Labour members targeted by the party's base. And of course, extreme attacks on Israel and its signaling-out are antisemitic dog-whistles.

There are times, when a party becomes too toxic and disgusting. Likud, for example, has become such a party, and thus I will never support it again until it's completely cleansed of its current slate. British Labour is another party, one that became even more toxic to me- an almost antisemitic party. As such, I'll never support them, not until they're cleansed of the antisemitism.

Pete Willsman was never elected though and when such comments were found out his support was withdrawn by momentum.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies