L 12.10 1184AZ for Lincoln Attorney General and Sec of State (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:26:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  L 12.10 1184AZ for Lincoln Attorney General and Sec of State (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: L 12.10 1184AZ for Lincoln Attorney General and Sec of State (Confirmed)  (Read 421 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2018, 09:44:16 PM »
« edited: August 10, 2018, 04:04:38 PM by Lincoln Speaker LouisvilleThunder »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Governor ReaganClinton
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 09:58:12 PM »

I would like to first off say how honoured and privileged I am to be nominated by our Governor to the position of Attorney General and Secretary of State.

As Secretary of State I will open the booth on time and ensure votes are counted in a accurate and timely manner. I will also advise the assembly of any changes to election law that are needed. I would like to write a bill officially closing the deletion discussion of your ballot and revolting.

As Attorney General I will advise the assembly on the constitutionality and legality of legislation and represent the region in court in the case the Lincoln  government is sued. Per the Governor request I will be working on a court case to determine the validity of the Lincoln class II senate election.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you may have.  
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 11:51:50 PM »

1. Do you anticipate any conflicts of interest, etc. in being both Attorney General and SOS, and if so, how would you manage these conflicts? Furthermore, are you confident that you will be on Atlasia enough to give adequate time to both positions?

2. Under what circumstances, if any, is it appropriate for the Attorney General to refuse to defend a statute of the Lincoln Region in court?

3. Under what circumstances, if any, is it appropriate for the Attorney General to refuse to defend a provision of the Lincoln Constitution in court?

4. Do you believe that mandatory minimum sentences are an appropriate law enforcement
tool? Why or Why not?

5. Following the discovery of the questionable validity of the Lincoln Class II Senate Election, Governor ReaganClinton made an executive decision to decline to authorize a new election and simply appointed apparent winner Ninja0428 to the seat. Do you believe this action was appropriate? Why or Why not?

6. On two recent occasions, the election being held in the region of Lincoln had to be held open later than the elections taking place in other regions because the ballot box was not opened on time. What assurances can you give the assembly that you will open the ballot box on time?

7. At the conclusion of the recent Lincoln Class I Special, incumbent SOS LouisvilleThunder admitted on discord that he deliberately delayed certifying the election to the last possible legal moment because he disapproved of who had won the election. Is this appropriate behavior?

8. Please explain your views on the use of discord by elected or appointed officials.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 12:45:07 AM »

1. Do you anticipate any conflicts of interest, etc. in being both Attorney General and SOS, and if so, how would you manage these conflicts? Furthermore, are you confident that you will be on Atlasia enough to give adequate time to both positions?

2. Under what circumstances, if any, is it appropriate for the Attorney General to refuse to defend a statute of the Lincoln Region in court?

3. Under what circumstances, if any, is it appropriate for the Attorney General to refuse to defend a provision of the Lincoln Constitution in court?

4. Do you believe that mandatory minimum sentences are an appropriate law enforcement
tool? Why or Why not?

5. Following the discovery of the questionable validity of the Lincoln Class II Senate Election, Governor ReaganClinton made an executive decision to decline to authorize a new election and simply appointed apparent winner Ninja0428 to the seat. Do you believe this action was appropriate? Why or Why not?

6. On two recent occasions, the election being held in the region of Lincoln had to be held open later than the elections taking place in other regions because the ballot box was not opened on time. What assurances can you give the assembly that you will open the ballot box on time?

7. At the conclusion of the recent Lincoln Class I Special, incumbent SOS LouisvilleThunder admitted on discord that he deliberately delayed certifying the election to the last possible legal moment because he disapproved of who had won the election. Is this appropriate behavior?

8. Please explain your views on the use of discord by elected or appointed officials.

Thanks for the questions I will get  back to you with some responses in the morning.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »

tool? Why or Why not?

1. I don't see any conflicts of interest of being both AG and SOS simultaneously.
2. I would refuse to defend a statute if it is clear that it is violating the constitution of our region or the Constitution of the republic of Atlasia. I don't feel my personal feelings on a statute should effect my belief of it's legality.
3. If such a provision was in clear violation of the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia or was not passed via the correct procedure outlined in our constitution.
4.No, each criminal case is different and what is an appropriate punishment for one case isn't necessarily appropriate for another. I'm also skeptical of the effectiveness of mandatory minimum sentences as a deterrent.
5.Yes only the courts should be allowed to order a new election and it was clear most citizens treated the election as binding when casting their ballot so appointing the winner of the election Ninja was an appropriate move. However I will be working on a case as instructed by the Governor to determine if such an election should have occurred.   
6.I will have the voting booth posted and unlocked a couple hours before voting occurs. I will also make it clear in the booth when voting starts by posting a count down timer which will count down to the start of the election.
7.I will always ensure results are calculated accurately and in the most efficient manner possible. I believe it would be inappropriate for me to delibertly delay posting the results because I don't like who won.
8. It's an acceptable medium for casual chat between members of Atlasia however formal business should not be done on discord.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 12:12:14 PM »

Thank you, based on the answers provided I'll be supporting the nomination.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 01:01:23 AM »

In a question for you Wulfric, do you believe it is appropriate behavior to delete your ballot on the war powers amendment in an attempt to screw with the results just because you felt slighted by your count and projection of the results being inaccurate? Also is it professional to consider yourself a "discord employee" of another citizen and should non-Atlasia activities and relationships be kept seperate from gameplay in Atlasia?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »

In accordance with the Lincoln Cabinet Confirmation Hearings Reform Act of 2018, the time to question the nominee has concluded and there will now be 24 hours of debate.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 09:35:31 PM »

A final vote has started. Assemblymen have 48 hours to vote or until all have voted to vote.

Aye!
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 09:36:33 PM »

AYE
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »

AYE
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 10:19:39 PM »

AYE
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 06:42:25 AM »

AYE
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »

1184AZ has been confirmed as Lincoln Attorney General and Secretary of State in a 5-0 vote.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 04:09:54 PM »

I would like to thank the assembly for their support!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies