Why I am Pro-Choice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:27:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why I am Pro-Choice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Why I am Pro-Choice  (Read 10095 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 02:54:44 PM »

The morning after pill should be widely available without a prescription. This would do a lot in cutting down the number of abortions and unwanted pregnancies.

And that was also implicit in my argument as well.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 02:55:23 PM »

I do not want a single woman with baggage, I'm sorry.  It sadly seems it's all I have a shot with.  Like I said anything worthwhile (childless, educated) is not interested.

Someone like yourself doesn't need to worry about that though and rightfully so. You don't deserve anyone with those feelings.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 02:56:03 PM »

I'm sorry, but I find that despicable, and I think most women probably would, too.  If that comes off as condescension, it shouldn't.  I just think it is horrible.  You don't?

That's your opinion, fine. I was referring to your little insults at the end of your original post.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 02:56:22 PM »

Because he's disagreeing with you, that's why.

No, because he had to throw in petty little judgemental insults to make himself look like the better man. That is not cool.

You are not offended by the idea that Flyers is pro-choice because he is upset at the lack of singe women, and think that they should avoid having children so that he doesn't not feel bad in dating them?

I'm sorry, but I find that despicable, and I think most women probably would, too.  If that comes off as condescension, it shouldn't.  I just think it is horrible.  You don't?

I do not want a single woman with baggage, I'm sorry.  It sadly seems it's all I have a shot with.  Like I said anything worthwhile (childless, educated) is not interested.

And you advocate abortions so there are more single women that you don't have to feel hinky about beause they have children?  That seems like a rather terrible reason to take a life, frankly.

I don't have any trouble with not wanting to date women with children, but favouring abortion because you don't like women with children seems...odd.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 02:57:40 PM »

I do not want a single woman with baggage, I'm sorry.  It sadly seems it's all I have a shot with.  Like I said anything worthwhile (childless, educated) is not interested.

Someone like yourself doesn't need to worry about that though and rightfully so. You don't deserve anyone with those feelings.

Yeah I do think about whether a woman has a kid.  It's a no-no for me. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2005, 02:57:54 PM »

That's your opinion, fine. I was referring to your little insults at the end of your original post.

Yeah, those were unfair, although they were pretty minor.  I do, however, think that any woman who knew this about someone would not exactly be enamoured about it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2005, 02:58:50 PM »

Because he's disagreeing with you, that's why.

No, because he had to throw in petty little judgemental insults to make himself look like the better man. That is not cool.

You are not offended by the idea that Flyers is pro-choice because he is upset at the lack of singe women, and think that they should avoid having children so that he doesn't not feel bad in dating them?

I do not want a single woman with baggage, I'm sorry.  It sadly seems it's all I have a shot with.  Like I said anything worthwhile (childless, educated) is not interested.

And you advocate abortions so there are more single women that you don't have to feel hinky about beause they have children?  That seems like a rather terrible reason to take a life, frankly.

I don't have any trouble with not wanting to date women with children, but favouring abortion because you don't like women with children seems...odd.

It just seems that some of these single women with kids wonder why guys won't go for them and I figured I'd post a little rant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2005, 02:59:06 PM »

I love how you reduce children to trash level. Imagine if someone just told your mother "Oh abort the thing." You're trash, Flyers. Human filth.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2005, 03:00:59 PM »

It just seems that some of these single women with kids wonder why guys won't go for them and I figured I'd post a little rant.

Well, all right, but don't you think that they should not get pregnant in the first place or put their kids up for adoption before considering an abortion?

But, again, your original post said that you support abortion rights because you think that unmarried women should abort their children so they are still attractive to date...unless I'm misinterpreting that, it seems rather callous.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2005, 03:02:02 PM »

I love how you reduce children to trash level. Imagine if someone just told your mother "Oh abort the thing." You're trash, Flyers. Human filth.

You know my position on abortion and it's on demand in the 1st 2 trimesters only.  I think that's ample time before the fetus is a fully viable human being.  It's really sad that I have to say some women are better aborting, but it's the truth and I figured someone had to say it.  
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

You know my position on abortion and it's on demand in the 1st 2 trimesters only.  I think that's ample time before the fetus is a fully viable human being.  It's really sad that I have to say some women are better aborting, but it's the truth and I figured someone had to say it. 

Yes, but it will end up being a human being, so it's still ending a future child's life.

The woman may be better off, but is it worth ending a developing life to make dating easier?  I think the emotional damage would make it not worth it for most women.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2005, 03:04:34 PM »

It's really sad that I have to say some women are better aborting, but it's the truth and I figured someone had to say it.  

And what if someone was to put you down and say "Yeah well your mother would have been better off aborting you." How would that feel?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2005, 03:07:05 PM »

Unfortunately Alcon, yes.  My reasoning is that children are better raised by both parents both psychologially and financially.  Women with kids usually end up with total bums willing to take them on merely for a piece of ass.  Look men usually RUN from women with kids.  I think scoonie's right, it's better to have a wanted child than an unwanted one.   
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2005, 03:07:59 PM »

This thread seems destined to break a record for most replies in the first hour of existence.  I believe the record stands at 44.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2005, 03:09:54 PM »

It's really sad that I have to say some women are better aborting, but it's the truth and I figured someone had to say it.  

And what if someone was to put you down and say "Yeah well your mother would have been better off aborting you." How would that feel?

If she was a drug addict or alcoholic or immautre so I'd be living in poverty or I'd have birth defects then ... Well, I woudn't feel good about it, but you have to take into account the full concepts of people's suffering which MANY anti-abortionists fail miserably at doing.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2005, 03:10:15 PM »

Unfortunately Alcon, yes.  My reasoning is that children are better raised by both parents both psychologially and financially.  Women with kids usually end up with total bums willing to take them on merely for a piece of ass.  Look men usually RUN from women with kids.  I think scoonie's right, it's better to have a wanted child than an unwanted one.   

Well, shouldn't you not be dating that type of woman in the first place, regardless of whetehr she had kids?

Of course it's better to have a wanted child than an unwanted one.  But isn't it better to have an unwanted one than to have to end a life?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2005, 03:11:07 PM »

Well, shouldn't you not be dating that type of woman in the first place, regardless of whetehr she had kids?

Trash looks for more trash.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2005, 03:13:04 PM »

Of course it's better to have a wanted child than an unwanted one.  But isn't it better to have an unwanted one than to have to end a life?

I probably wouldn't date that type of woman anyway.  My point is there are woman who expect men to just gladly accept them with kids.  There are some nice lookers with kids, but the problems far outweigh the potential sex.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2005, 03:14:20 PM »

See you are a hack.  You are calling me trash just because I disagree with you.  Just today you've also called me a moron.  When does it end Phil?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2005, 03:16:22 PM »

The argument that abortions are justified because of a mother would have difficulty finding dates strikes me as exceptional and (if I might say so) unreasonable. I don't mean to sound condescending, but really: If a child has already been born, should the mother be allowed to kill him, on the grounds that she might not find a good date? I suppose that many people don't want to date those who have elderly parents to take care off, so I suppose this justifies killing off sick parents, too.

Although I am pro-choice, I have to say that this line of reasoning is not one that I find particularly compelling.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2005, 03:16:52 PM »

See you are a hack.  You are calling me trash just because I disagree with you.  Just today you've also called me a moron.  When does it end Phil?

I am not a hack for calling you something I believe you are. That is a trash position. That shows me how much you represent human scum. Now saying you are trash and calling you a moron means I am a hack? I'm sorry I totally owned you in the other argument about me being a "hack." Do you really want to get bitched around again?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2005, 03:18:59 PM »

The argument that abortions are justified because of a mother would have difficulty finding dates strikes me as exceptional and (if I might say so) unreasonable. I don't mean to sound condescending, but really: If a child has already been born, should the mother be allowed to kill him, on the grounds that she might not find a good date? I suppose that many people don't want to date those who have elderly parents to take care off, so I suppose this justifies killing off sick parents, too.

Although I am pro-choice, I have to say that this line of reasoning is not one that I find particularly compelling.

Of course a child shouldn't be killed after birth, I'm not migrendel. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2005, 03:21:20 PM »

I am not a hack for calling you something I believe you are. That is a trash position. That shows me how much you represent human scum. Now saying you are trash and calling you a moron means I am a hack? I'm sorry I totally owned you in the other argument about me being a "hack." Do you really want to get bitched around again?

You did not own me in that argument.  You STILL try to convince all of us Swann is better not as much on his views, but the fact Rendell works for CSN. 
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2005, 03:22:12 PM »

Of course a child shouldn't be killed after birth, I'm not migrendel. 
If you believe that a fetus is a living person, just like a child who has been born, then your argument about dating would be inconsistent.

If you believe that a fetus is not a living person, unlike a child who has been born, then your argument about dating would be redundant. The mere acceptance of the fact that the fetus is not a person would be sufficient justification for allowing abortion; resorting to a provocative line of reasoning such as "the fact that many men don't date women with kids justifies abortions" is entirely unnecessary.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2005, 03:23:50 PM »

ouch. Angry
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies