Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24856 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: December 20, 2019, 09:25:16 PM »

Requesting the ACLO's endorsement for Governor and joining
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 03:49:47 PM »

[T]he ACLO would support the former candidate.

The ACLO's endorsement of Bagel proves this and then some, in a multi-candidate race, the ACLO, it seems, is supporting any and all pro-labor candidates even without the prerequisite of the leftist candidate(s) being pro-RTW and/or pro-at-will employment (which is preferable and how the organization should operate):

I would trust that the ACLO would endorse a pro-union Federalist over a pro-RTW Laborite any day of the week because that organization exists only to advocate for labor rights.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 02:14:39 PM »

Remember that it takes around 10% of the current membership to request a referendum, so rounding upward it takes three people.

I PSOL request a referendum in which if the referendums to bring into force the Forced Labor Isn't Good Amendment is failed to be ratified in any of the regions, the Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupation shall enter a regional strike.

I support our wise chair.
Third'd
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 02:48:32 PM »

National Strike Referendum

MARK ONE OF THE FOLLOWING.

[   ] Aye

[X] [Nay]

[   ] [Abstain]

I agree with the three points PSOL has raised. I would like to note, regarding point one, that unemployment benefits and relief from work in this time of national crisis would be greatly beneficial to containing the spread of this virus and in promoting the health of the public-at-large of Atlasia. However, while that prospect or assistance to undocumented people by other means may be feasible in Atlasia, the possibility of taxpayer aid to undocumented people is much less appealing IRL and I would think, as a bipartisan solution in Atlasia, when tax payment by undocumented persons is not universal (and can't be enforced due to nature of their undocumented status).

Furthermore, while the aims put forth by the gentleman from Illinois are noble, I do not believe that a national strike is the right move—it is a move that would further damage the economy of this country when we may very well be on our way to a recession and it is a move that would be heavily damaging to the national unity of this country, particularly in this uncertain time, already rife with panic, hoarding, fear, and spreading illness and death.

A national or general strike would mean taking healthcare workers out of the healthcare system at this critical time. It would mean take school cafeteria workers out of their lunchrooms and off of the school curbs, halting the distribution of free lunches and breakfasts to young children, particularly to those in need—the poor. The nonwhite poor would be especially impacted by this strike in losing access to their meals which they previously received at school and now are picking up at school or receive from good samaritans who distribute the lunches.

I cannot in good conscience condone this strike because the more successful it is, the longer the children are without and the more pressure is put on our already stressed healthcare system. The Congress would then be held at gunpoint to pass the demands of the strike for the preservation of the nation in order to facilitate a speedy end to the strike. I am not willing to blackmail Nyman with the children and the healthcare system as the pawns. I am voting nay on the strike.

Nyman is already making efforts to curb the economic effects of this virus. We must have patience and not be rash in our actions. We must put forward a good example of calmness under duress lest panic spread throughout the country more so than it already has.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 06:37:12 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2020, 06:40:47 AM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

Hats off to the President and to Senator Tack!

I appreciate their joining me in voting nay and I encourage the members of this body yet to vote to do so also.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 08:11:09 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2020, 08:14:27 AM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

It’s all within Bagel23’s hands

PSOL: You said it best, when you said leave it to the co-chair(s).

You stepped down from the leadership of this organization. I think we should let the current leadership decide on what course to take with the strike, whether or not to count S019's changed vote and whether or not to endorse since an endorsement vote was not held. I would hope the leadership of the ACLO will simply not endorse since the members did not have a chance to vote on endorsements, but it is up to the co-chairs.

I don't think endorsement is an open-and-shut case, however. I received the ACLO endorsement last time and wrote and voted for the LABORER Act which outlawed RTW in the South. That Act, of course, passed the Chamber and was taken up under Governer Leinad's administration.

I don't know what catastrophe you're talking about: I've signed three coronavirus-related executive orders and a number of others regarding other issues. This administration has also signed more bills than the previous one.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 07:17:29 AM »

I will stay in the ACLO but I will not be a part of this strike and I dissaude anyone else from being a part of it either.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 12:18:27 PM »

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2020, 10:53:44 AM »