Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24846 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: June 17, 2019, 12:50:27 PM »
« edited: June 17, 2019, 12:54:26 PM by Representative fhtagn »

Greetings to all of my fellow union members and Chair PSOL. Let me just reiterate that it is an absolute honor to be speaking to all of you today as the interim leader of the Foodstuff Union. I am here today to entreat the broader organization to stand with us in complete and firm opposition to S.19.2-18: Employees Must Be Legal Residents Act. This is a copycat bill of the one that failed in the Atlasian house just a few days ago, thanks in large part to our valiant stand against it. I humbly ask each and every one of you today to stand with so many undocumented individuals in the Southern region who work side by side with documented foodstuffers, as friends, brothers, spouses, uncles, mothers, and so many more valuable connections, and are integral parts of our communities that are worthy of work and a practical life in this country through their honest toil. Let us make this clear straight out of the gate, this is a sick and lie filled bill with many serpent heads. They seek to vilify workers to keep everyone down and below, and their buddies in the top 0.1% with ever increasing profits, a classic scheme of the far right wing elites. The impotent Atlasian far right has and will continue to spectacularly fail in making meaningful change on the borders, and instead seeks to wreck further hell onto undocumented immigrants, making their working conditions even worse, by taking away what should be a legal right to work. If successful, our fellow workers will be exploited even further, all to make those at the top more money. We cannot let their race baiting and dog whistling catch on any further, for it is as I have said many times already, but it has to keep being emphasized, the oldest trick in the book, to try and divide us by hue of skin, which is a big part of what it is all about at the end of the day for these elites. If passed, I would strongly suggest striking, because this is life and death for many of our brothers and sisters across borders, and a true battle worth fighting tooth and claw for.

Please stand with the workers of Atlasia, say NO to S.19.2-18: Employees Must Be Legal Residents Act.

With profound gratitude,

The ACLO supports someone who said this of the federal version:

If I'm reelected to the House, I plan to reintroduce the Your Employees Must Be Legal Residents Act. Given your answers in the debate, if in some hopefully likely event we have competent legislators who will support this bill next Congress, would this be a measure you would support and sign into law?

In my view, your bill doesn't go far enough. Why focus on federal contractors when we can address the ongoing situation with every employer breaking the law in Atlasia?

Granted, it might be more punitive than my approach for a small segment of contractors and businesses - especially those with large contracts relative to the number of people they employ - but I'm also curious about the figures regarding this specific problem. I would imagine the rate of undocumented employment among businesses that receive federal contracts is considerably smaller than among businesses at-large.

This bill goes after big businesses that exploit undocumented immigrants, often paying them significantly less than what they would pay someone who has a legal right to be here.

Surely an organization that stands for worker's rights would want to make sure that big businesses are following the law.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 03:06:33 PM »

As head of the I.C.O, we are coming out strongly against the representatives' bigoted bill which has no economic basis for its existence. It directly contradicts the guidelines set up for this union and serves little to no purpose in reality, however fair it might seem to the untrained eye. While it may seem like one group of people is often responsible for the issues we face as workers (stagnant wages, layoffs, benefit cuts), the reality is the people who propose bills like this are the same ones who raise our taxes, take away our healthcare, and diminish our collective bargaining abilities. They do this because they know the only way they can win is by using fear to divide us, to create an us versus them mentality. The A.C.L.O is far too strong however to fall victim to these attacks, because our union knows better than that.

Please provide a single situation in which I proposed raising taxes on working class people. I was a cosponsor of the Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017 in the House. I signed the POWER Act during my time as President.

I suggest not commenting on something you know nothing about. It's not wise to spread lies.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 03:32:13 PM »

As head of the I.C.O, we are coming out strongly against the representatives' bigoted bill which has no economic basis for its existence. It directly contradicts the guidelines set up for this union and serves little to no purpose in reality, however fair it might seem to the untrained eye. While it may seem like one group of people is often responsible for the issues we face as workers (stagnant wages, layoffs, benefit cuts), the reality is the people who propose bills like this are the same ones who raise our taxes, take away our healthcare, and diminish our collective bargaining abilities. They do this because they know the only way they can win is by using fear to divide us, to create an us versus them mentality. The A.C.L.O is far too strong however to fall victim to these attacks, because our union knows better than that.

Please provide a single situation in which I proposed raising taxes on working class people. I was a cosponsor of the Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017 in the House. I signed the POWER Act during my time as President.

I suggest not commenting on something you know nothing about. It's not wise to spread lies.

Oh for old cahokia's sake, look no further than this act. A tax is not just an official raise by direct law on a group of people, labor groups know this all too well. Barring undocumented individuals from working is an indirect tax on working families and unions, depriving everybody of opportunity. The atlasian right prefers taxing the people through more scheming methods than a straight up tax raise.

The top of the presidential ticket for the Atlasian left wants to take it farther than I did with companies that hire illegal immigrants. Where is your outrage over that?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 04:10:50 PM »

I oppose the Employees Must Be Legal Residents Act in its current form. As someone who lives in a farming area and close to many others in my state, I know how important these workers can be. I'd would rather Congress focus on stopping businesses/corporations who underpay illegal workers or make them work in bad conditions ect.

You're running with someone who wants to do more than this bill would do to stop employers from hiring undocumented immigrants.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 02:04:18 PM »

You guys do realize the bill honoring the Koch family was only in response to the George Soros bill, right?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

You guys do realize the bill honoring the Koch family was only in response to the George Soros bill, right?
Wealth worshipping of any kind is harmful to the interests of the Atlasian Worker. We don’t engage in cultish worship of wealth that will always be a random chance.
I'm saying if you cared about consistency you'd acknowledge that the bill honoring the Koch family was just as much of a meme as the George Soros bill.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 01:55:34 PM »

Just so people are thoroughly informed, our press secretary has stated the union's official position on this matter.

Official ACLO ratings for House, June 2019
fhtagn
Grading: F-
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

Literally no one cares about the ACLO, but thanks for clarifying Smiley

Are we allowed to bring up a vote to give a grade below F- or censure someone?

You posted on my campaign thread. If you don't like me truthfully responding, don't post there.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 03:44:34 PM »

This is hilarious, adorable, and literally means nothing.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »

Just so people are thoroughly informed, our press secretary has stated the union's official position on this matter.

fhtagn
Explanation: Fhtagn has been a consistent opponent of this organization's goals, voting against workers rights without exception. Just this Congress she voted against all the ACLO supported acts and she has also honored people who consistently undermine the rights of labour like Fred Koch. Fhtagn will work against the workers of Atlasia.

You posted on my campaign thread. If you don't like me truthfully responding, don't post there.

No, no, please continue visibly displaying your callous attitude towards the working families of the A.C.L.O let all the truth be seen by all.

Not a single one of my voters is going to care about what you, or anyone else in this sham of a special interest group thinks. I just think it's funny that you went out of your way to single me out on my campaign thread with the ACLO rating, yet didn't feel the need to post the ratings of everyone else on their threads.

But hey, if it makes you feel useful, go for it. At least it's not attacking Peebs over her gender identity again.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 04:31:22 PM »

fhtagn

No, no, please continue visibly displaying your callous attitude towards the working families of the A.C.L.O let all the truth be seen by all.

Not a single one of my voters is going to care about what you, or anyone else in this sham of a special interest group thinks. I just think it's funny that you went out of your way to single me out on my campaign thread with the ACLO rating, yet didn't feel the need to post the ratings of everyone else on their threads.

But hey, if it makes you feel useful, go for it. At least it's not attacking Peebs over her gender identity again.
Its called the people's house for a reason. If you are actively saying "I do not care about your voice because you are not going to vote for me", you are far too divisive for your own good.

Well, seeing as your above post is an outright lie about my record, I have no issues saying your voice doesn't matter to me. Nor should it to anyone, really. As stated previously, I co-sponsored the Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act when I was in the house in 2017, something you'd know if you did your research. I also worked with then Secretary of State Reactionary on reforms to the VA system. So unless you can provide solid proof that I took anyone's healthcare away, you nothing to stand on.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 03:08:21 PM »

Fhtagn has been censured by the ACLO

Cool.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 05:04:52 PM »

Gooby pls
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 05:38:34 PM »

x MB (if I didn't join already)

Welcome! Yeah, you know we got something going on here when we have Atlas’ most notorious scabs constantly on here throwing sh!t at us.

BREAKING NEWS

Bagel23 thinks people who have real life, full time jobs and have to work for a living are scabs!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 10:00:13 AM »

That "alt-right scab" you are referring to is a highly respected member of your party Wink
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 10:21:29 AM »

This union is nonpartisan of course Smiley

Also, having confederate imagery promoted low key supports the Antebellum class system, of which is unacceptable to commemorate in any fashion.

Your highly flawed rating system says otherwise Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 10:43:13 AM »

Also, having confederate imagery promoted low key supports the Antebellum class system, of which is unacceptable to commemorate in any fashion.

Girl, you are so off. You had your chance to create great worker legislation in the reboot of this union, but you didn’t, and your support of cutting our vital welfare services don’t help neither.

fhtagn

MB
Grading: A+
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

MB voted in favor of the bill honoring the Koch family, but apparently that wasn't considered.

Also worth noting that I voted in favor of some of the same bills you've praised others for, which is not "voting against workers rights without exception". For example, MB's "Party Like It's Your Birthday Act":

I also voted in favor of expanding SNAP benefits. That's not cutting vital welfare services. However, they very same people you all have praised in this thread have done so.

If you can't be bothered to address obvious inconsistencies in your ratings, don't be surprised when people rightfully call it flawed.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 12:51:12 PM »

Girl, you are so off. You had your chance to create great worker legislation in the reboot of this union, but you didn’t, and your support of cutting our vital welfare services don’t help neither.

fhtagn

MB
Explanation: MB has been an outstanding voice for the workers of Atlasia through many of his bills like the Party like it's your birthday act or the Patent Reform Act. He has also supported the bills endorsed by the ACLO. His tendency for "meme" legislation (like the George Soros bill) can be worrying at times, but overall he is one of the strongest voices we could have in the House and doesn't detract from his outstanding job

MB voted in favor of the bill honoring the Koch family, but apparently that wasn't considered.

Also worth noting that I voted in favor of some of the same bills you've praised others for, which is not "voting against workers rights without exception". For example, MB's "Party Like It's Your Birthday Act":

I also voted in favor of expanding SNAP benefits. That's not cutting vital welfare services. However, they very same people you all have praised in this thread have done so.

If you can't be bothered to address obvious inconsistencies in your ratings, don't be surprised when people rightfully call it flawed.

I have underlined the relevant parts for you Wink

I felt that one bad bill was not enough to deny MB an A+ rating. I also focused in the places where there was a difference this Congress, and tried to avoid unanimous votes.

Except the underlined portion under your rating for me is factually untrue.

It's very clear that not only do you fail to pay attention to what is actually going on in Congress, but you also fail to provide a consistent and non-partisan rating system.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2019, 02:47:40 PM by Stein '12 Stein '16 Williamson '20 #orbgang voter »

fhtagn

MB

I have underlined the relevant parts for you Wink

I felt that one bad bill was not enough to deny MB an A+ rating. I also focused in the places where there was a difference this Congress, and tried to avoid unanimous votes.

Except the underlined portion under your rating for me is factually untrue.

It's very clear that not only do you fail to pay attention to what is actually going on in Congress, but you also fail to provide a consistent and non-partisan rating system.
Untrue, our rating system takes complex intakes from various facets of activity in Atlasia.

Now there is nothing to change what has already been graded, but if your so keen on getting recognition for all the work you do to get your score, I ensure you that we will have no problem going through your record. That goes for all of the graded and endorsed candidates and bills from here on out.

Now with that, I think it is best for all of the players to leave this conversation behind and to move forward with working toward a better Atlasia.

When you nitpick on a bill that is "good, but could be better" and give it a lower rating than a more consistent organization would give it, but refuse to look at how candidates vote the same way, it is very clear you guys are using personal bias and an inconsistent method in determining your rankings.

I know it makes you look bad to admit it, but the sooner you acknowledge obvious truths and push for more consistency in the future, the sooner people will actually respect your organization.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2019, 11:33:16 PM »

Also come to think about it I wonder if we should censor Deadprez or not, kinda like fhtagn back on the day. Maybe not for now but in the future?

Not like it actually does anything.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2019, 02:12:29 PM »

Also come to think about it I wonder if we should censor Deadprez or not, kinda like fhtagn back on the day. Maybe not for now but in the future?

Attention and time better spent here instead of as well as writing up pure trash sensible bills in the legislatures.

FTFY Wink
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2019, 07:04:07 PM »

Quite a brutal appraisal of your time in the House, but I appreciate the honesty

Pretty sure I've contributed more overall in the House than you have the Senate. But the failed attempt you made there is cute Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 10:38:07 PM »

I'll join

I support [insert views that the Atlasian Labor Party might like]

X S019
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 08:12:03 PM »

What is A.C.L.O's position on the Transport Industry Jobs Protection (TIJ Pro) Act?

Quote from: Current Amended version of TIJ Pro Act
Section I: Title and Terms
1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT), technology that makes a vehicle  capable of performing all driving functions under certain conditions or under all conditions.
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, and/or water going vehicles used for the transportation of goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).
d) Luxury vehicle – Any road vehicle with a selling price, in new condition, of over $50,000.

Section II: Self Driving Vehicle Technology Ban
2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has a two-month phasing out period.

Section III: Exemptions & Registration Fees
3.1) SDVT is legal for use on one private vehicle.
3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay an additional SDVT registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur an additional SDVT registration fee of $2,400 annually.

From the current debate it seems that the Southern Left isn't interested in protecting these jobs long term.
The A.C.L.O. currently does not have an opinion on whether it is best to preserve jobs through the usage of legislation banning, or even slowing down, the adoption of technological innovation into the mainstream markets. By our guidelines, this would be tangentially outside this organization’s jurisdiction to grade as a whole. However, tangentially related, for environmental purposes we do approve of job training programs to send workers to cleaner industries.

A more in-depth answer would have to be delivered by the affiliated head in charge of transportation workers here. That person is currently NPC Cecil Roberts of the Worker Transportation Alliance. When we have a functional GM, I suggest you send Mr. Roberts this question through the GM.

Let's be honest for a bit here. This absolutely under the jurisdiction of the ACLO. If you don't feel like giving an opinion that's fine, but don't pretend that a worker's organization has no opinion on legislation that tackles job loss.

Also, it's not the job of a GM to provide opinions of an NPC union leaders (that don't actually exist in game at this time) when there is literally an organization regarding unions handled by actual players.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »

The death penalty has absolutely nothing to do with worker's rights...
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2019, 06:29:03 PM »

The death penalty has absolutely nothing to do with worker's rights...
It is if it’s applied as an on-the-job punishment.
That's quite a reach coming from someone who passed the buck on an actual worker related bill that you guys should have spoken on, claiming it was the job of an NPC to determine anything related to it, simply because the bill's writer wasn't a member of the Labor Party.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies