Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:24:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24871 times)
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 01, 2020, 12:45:26 PM »

I wish a happy May Day to everyone in this Union! For the Union makes us strong!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #426 on: May 01, 2020, 01:11:36 PM »

Know that small demonstrations will take place, as is in our bylaws. The only question is whether this will be a formal strike, in which bagel23 needs to break the tie already.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #427 on: May 01, 2020, 04:39:36 PM »

Yeah, we are striking.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #428 on: May 01, 2020, 04:56:47 PM »

Well I certainly don't support the strike. Not sure what actions to take (if any)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #429 on: May 01, 2020, 05:54:13 PM »

Well I certainly don't support the strike. Not sure what actions to take (if any)
This is a democratically run organization. A vote is a vote, and to those members who don’t want to strike, well, then maybe you should have put forth a better case. Of course, you can always just sit out of it, but the rank-and-file and leadership are going ahead with this.

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #430 on: May 01, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »

You know what? I am disappointed at the ACLO. While I share the objectives of the strike as well as of the wider labour movement (an executive order or bill might be a good idea) and personally don't mind co-chairs Bagel and Elcaspar I am still disappointed at recent actions by the union for a while tbh. (This actually goes back before this particular strike in fact)

I will certainly show up to work tomorrow in Congress.

Rescinding my membership; effective immediately.

X tack50
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2020, 06:40:54 PM »

There isn't a democratic mandate to go on strike, S019 said he wanted to change his vote. The decision to go on strike was made by bagel, not the members.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2020, 06:46:47 PM »

There isn't a democratic mandate to go on strike, S019 said he wanted to change his vote. The decision to go on strike was made by bagel, not the members.
S019 should have voted nay then. He didn’t, and there was tons of time for concerned members to vote nay, so here we are. Look, by all accounts this was a contested vote, but rules are rules and we followed them in accordance to common sense.

We had time for debate when we brought forth the petition to start a vote, and even then some more on the voting itself, now we will be more prepared to go forward next time, with members now more aware of the weight and brevity of their vote.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #433 on: May 01, 2020, 07:09:36 PM »

S019 should have voted nay then. He didn’t, and there was tons of time for concerned members to vote nay, so here we are. Look, by all accounts this was a contested vote, but rules are rules and we followed them in accordance to common sense.

We had time for debate when we brought forth the petition to start a vote, and even then some more on the voting itself, now we will be more prepared to go forward next time, with members now more aware of the weight and brevity of their vote.
Support for the strike might have won on technicalities, but it doesn't change the fact that there isn't majority support for this among the members of the ACLO.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #434 on: May 01, 2020, 08:25:20 PM »

Support for the strike might have won on technicalities, but it doesn't change the fact that there isn't majority support for this among the members of the ACLO.
lol, so theoretically one can retract their vote in Atlasian elections after voting procedure or irl to vote for some other option? By all accounts, the strike was voted upon in a democratic fashion.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: May 01, 2020, 09:17:50 PM »

lol, so theoretically one can retract their vote in Atlasian elections after voting procedure or irl to vote for some other option? By all accounts, the strike was voted upon in a democratic fashion.
My point is about the principle of democracy and the ACLO listening to its members, not the procedures of this vote. Obviously every election or referendum either national, or within an organisation needs to have rules that must be observed, I wasn't disputing that. My point was that there isn't a majority support for this strike among the members of the ACLO and this isn't something you've really addressed because your argument has been based entirely on rules and procedures, rather than what members of the union actually want. I think that if the ACLO wants to call itself a democratic organisation, it has to take into account the opinion of its members and it can't simply rely on procedural disputes.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2020, 09:32:23 PM »

My point is about the principle of democracy and the ACLO listening to its members, not the procedures of this vote. Obviously every election or referendum either national, or within an organisation needs to have rules that must be observed, I wasn't disputing that. My point was that there isn't a majority support for this strike among the members of the ACLO and this isn't something you've really addressed because your argument has been based entirely on rules and procedures, rather than what members of the union actually want. I think that if the ACLO wants to call itself a democratic organisation, it has to take into account the opinion of its members and it can't simply rely on procedural disputes.
If you don’t like the referendum results, we have a process to stop it. Just get 1/10 members (~3) to call another referendum. However, given the split, I expect things to go the same way.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2020, 10:02:02 PM »

If you don’t like the referendum results, we have a process to stop it. Just get 1/10 members (~3) to call another referendum. However, given the split, I expect things to go the same way.
The President and Congress have already shown themselves to be willing to listen to the ACLO and implement ideas that have been brought forward by it and have shown a general strike to be completely unnessessary, yet the leadership of this organisation continues to insist on it and have used procedural tricks to force it through despite the tied results of the referendum and the changing views of its members. No thanks, I'm out.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #438 on: May 02, 2020, 07:17:29 AM »

I will stay in the ACLO but I will not be a part of this strike and I dissaude anyone else from being a part of it either.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2020, 12:11:39 PM »

What exactly are your demands? It's not clear to me at all what this strike hopes to achieve.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #440 on: May 03, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »

What exactly are your demands? It's not clear to me at all what this strike hopes to achieve.

A statement will come out soon enough.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #441 on: May 04, 2020, 09:06:22 PM »

A.C.L.O Statement on the Strike and it’s Goals
We come before you today as the Co-Chairs of the A.C.L.O with a message to the public.

Since the A.C.L.O has recently narrowly passed a measure to initiate a national strike, i would like to clarify the role of this strike in my position as Co-Chair alongside Bagel23.
The role of this national strike in these trying times, is to make sure that we can provide more lasting security for working citizens across Atlasia, as well as more short-term security measures. While the timing of this national strike is not ideal due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it is a necessary move in the eyes of the narrow majority of this here union. But rest assured that we will follow all necessary precautions during the duration of this national strike to minimize any possible spread of COVID-19.

The goals of this national strike are the following:

-Providing security to the homeless all across Atlasia, by providing them with temporary or permanent shelters that follow all necessary precautions, and has some sort of food provision to feed said homeless people in these trying times.

-Providing better working conditions to undocumented workers, by enforcing the same work security standards that all other workers across Atlasia are following to prevent them from being a source of infection. Also giving them the same amount of compensation and benefit rights as non-undocumented workers, as many of them pay into state and local taxes in an amount not ignorable by the government.

-The government should be dealing out penalties to employers and companies who lack PPE to give to their workers, when they otherwise have the ability to purchase said PPE for their workers.

-The establishment of an equal stimulus check program, that will give out a negotiated amount of money to all working Atlasians across this country, so that our economy can be stimulated by consumers during these trying times.

-The establishment of a public works program for those who wish to work during these trying times. Workers who volunteer to work will receive an equivalent of 10% above a living wage adjusted to local standards of living, which will additionally also work as an incentive to work there. The exact size and scope of the spending that would be provided to such a public works program is up for negotiation.

We hope that a reasonable accommodation on these goals with the federal government can be found so that the strike doesn’t go on for longer than is necessary. Especially for the sake of workers, undocumented workers and homeless people across Atlasia, we hope that negotiations will be both swift and productive.

Sincerely Co-Chair’s Elcaspar and Bagel23

*Any lapses made while writing this will be due to tiredness while finishing this statement on time. I live in Europe after all.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #442 on: May 04, 2020, 11:07:48 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #443 on: May 04, 2020, 11:10:44 PM »

The GM takes this strike seriously, which is all that is needed

I agree with the demands of the union, too little work has been done on these fronts in a timely manner.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #444 on: May 04, 2020, 11:21:30 PM »

I agree with the demands of the union, too little work has been done on these fronts in a timely manner.

The GM has merely acknowledged that the ACLO voted to strike. It has not given word on whether this is being obeyed by unions.
And why do you seriously expect Congress and the President to care about half a dozen people saying a strike is happening after a tied vote. Not to mention why would a pretend strike change anyone's mind.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #445 on: May 04, 2020, 11:23:40 PM »

The GM has merely acknowledged that the ACLO voted to strike. It has not given word on whether this is being obeyed by unions.
And why do you seriously expect Congress and the President to care about half a dozen people saying a strike is happening after a tied vote. Not to mention why would a pretend strike change anyone's mind.
Because the President and congress acknowledge that both a strike is happening and that it has consequences in-game.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: May 05, 2020, 09:01:26 AM »

You are very welcome to propose some bills to implement these ideas and most of them will pass. A list of demands isn't gonna accomplish these things.
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: May 05, 2020, 12:58:10 PM »

You are very welcome to propose some bills to implement these ideas and most of them will pass. A list of demands isn't gonna accomplish these things.

We are working on that as we speak. Also a strike is pointless without demands or goals to strive toward, so we had to put the demands out there while we are doing the bill work.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #448 on: May 05, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »

BUTLERIAN JIHAD NOW!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #449 on: May 07, 2020, 10:29:18 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »