Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:56:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 24848 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: April 17, 2020, 04:59:35 PM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #401 on: April 17, 2020, 05:00:44 PM »

Is it really a surprise that a workers organisation would usually side with the Labor Party, when the Labor Party usually sides with the interests of the workers?
The Labor party response has been lukewarm to the working class of Atlasia. Other then sloshing money around, there has been little work on wages and employment concerns until the vote to strike occurred. Furthermore, undocumented workers and those without a fixed location of legal residence have not had their concerns addressed.
Undocumented workers don't deserve to have their concerns addressed. They have no right to be here.

If they want their concerns addressed, it's better they go back home and fix things there.

It's kind of inhumane to suggest that we shouldn't help undocumented workers. Also many of them have fled terrible conditions and if they go back their lives would be in grave danger. Why should we send millions of people back into perilous conditions? Instead, let them pay back taxes and give them a path to legalization, that's a sensible, moderate approach. We can't deport people who've been here for years, it's just not right.

Our immigration laws exist for a reason. They chose to break it. They deserve to find out their actions have consequences. 

Liberalization of immigration laws is something that most people agree that we need. Even a good chunk of conservatives agree that we need liberalized immigration law, but anyways, this is way off topic, and has no relation to the work of this union or labor unions, in general.

If the organization truly cares about workers, they wouldn't be defending undocumented immigrants.

So, if I'm getting this correctly, an organization that cares about workers shouldn't care about all workers and should discriminate among workers based on legal status. That is by definition, not defending all workers, and this comments shows why your views don't belong in this organization.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2020, 05:01:57 PM »

If West_Midlander hadn't changed parties, you would not have said anything against him. You know this. I know this. Everyone knows this.

I mean, yeah? You phrase that like it's an irrelevant footnote, though. "Officer you would've have arrested him if he hadn't stolen that car. We all know it." "You wouldn't have broken up with him if he hadn't cheated on you. We can all see it. Stop playing dumb." "You wouldn't have bought those chairs if you didn't want to sit down. I know it. You know it. Who do you think you're fooling?"

Also pretending to quote people but it's just them saying "hurr durr ME LABOR SHILL" is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen on this forum (and that's definitely saying something considering this is a thread where someone keeps calling someone else a "VVitch" lol). Do you think it's funny? Do you think it "TrIgGeRs" people?

Not to mention the continued condescending attitude you have towards people who have expressed mental health difficulties, which is just a really low, hurtful, and frankly hypocritical form of bullying. Especially dumb to do it over a god damn forum game. I really wish you would cut that sh!!t out.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2020, 05:06:14 PM »

The deal is still on if you want it. 3 hours away from anything Atlas with me. It would cool us both down after all; make us less ornery. Remember, everything is easier if you do it with a peer
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2020, 05:24:36 PM »

If West_Midlander hadn't changed parties, you would not have said anything against him. You know this. I know this. Everyone knows this.

I mean, yeah? You phrase that like it's an irrelevant footnote, though. "Officer you would've have arrested him if he hadn't stolen that car. We all know it." "You wouldn't have broken up with him if he hadn't cheated on you. We can all see it. Stop playing dumb." "You wouldn't have bought those chairs if you didn't want to sit down. I know it. You know it. Who do you think you're fooling?"

Also pretending to quote people but it's just them saying "hurr durr ME LABOR SHILL" is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen on this forum (and that's definitely saying something considering this is a thread where someone keeps calling someone else a "VVitch" lol). Do you think it's funny? Do you think it "TrIgGeRs" people?

Not to mention the continued condescending attitude you have towards people who have expressed mental health difficulties, which is just a really low, hurtful, and frankly hypocritical form of bullying. Especially dumb to do it over a god damn forum game. I really wish you would cut that sh!!t out.

Cool story, go whine to someone else about it.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2020, 07:45:40 PM »

If the only thing the Atlas right can go against the facts and logic presented here is personal attacks, no wonder they’ve been failing so hard lately outside the South.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »

If the only thing the Atlas right can go against the facts and logic presented here is personal attacks, no wonder they’ve been failing so hard lately outside the South.

Are you now Ben ShaPSOL?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2020, 08:15:11 PM »

Are you now Ben ShaPSOL?
Sure! Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #408 on: April 17, 2020, 11:59:06 PM »

You knuckle heads got me in trouble with Virginia.

If you want a Kalwejt style moderator, I can oblige you, just remember one just doesn't get Kalwejted when it is convenient.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2020, 12:18:46 AM »

If you want a Kalwejt style moderator, I can oblige you, just remember one just doesn't get Kalwejted when it is convenient.
When you startle a bull, expect to face the full brunt of the horns—A paraphrase of YT
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2020, 01:28:05 AM »

When you startle a bull, expect to face the full brunt of the horns—A paraphrase of YT

You guys need to cool your jets in this thread and stop with the personal attacks.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #411 on: April 18, 2020, 01:39:30 AM »

You guys need to cool your jets in this thread and stop with the personal attacks.
Then maybe such attacks and libelous drivel shouldn’t be hurled at me. I’m not the man to let someone have the last word.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #412 on: April 18, 2020, 01:45:56 AM »

Then maybe such attacks and libelous drivel shouldn’t be hurled at me. I’m not the man to let someone have the last word.

That is a forum level TOS violation to engage in such attacks and as such it carries forum level consequences, and that goes to Fhtagn just as much to you.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #413 on: April 18, 2020, 01:52:45 AM »

No offense to those involved, but must you make Yankee's job more difficult than it already is? He's been doing a great job - and has shown remarkable restraint, particularly if you compare him to my own tenure -, and to pointlessly hurl insults (which have long since stopped being a legitimate discussion) and force him to waste his time moderating them is in poor taste.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #414 on: April 19, 2020, 03:37:59 AM »

Nuff said. Wink
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #415 on: April 19, 2020, 04:34:19 AM »

"Officer you would've have arrested him if he hadn't stolen that car. We all know it."

Nice lecture Herr Platitude.
How about you actually something rather than preach.

Fun things... never delivered. Leinad, labor's lackey, deliverer of hot air / nothing making him Lazy Leinad, aka Mr Hot Air.

The laziest Governor in the History of the South. Somehow manages to pull ones finger out to provide more hot air, I think I'll die from lack of surprise. Wink
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #416 on: April 19, 2020, 09:27:01 PM »

Ok bogan
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2020, 03:26:23 PM »

X Leinad

#23, eh?
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #418 on: April 21, 2020, 04:02:05 PM »

I would like to join.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #419 on: April 21, 2020, 04:32:50 PM »

And so you shall
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #420 on: April 21, 2020, 08:42:00 PM »

I'd like to join as well.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #421 on: April 21, 2020, 09:29:30 PM »

We hit 25 members!!!! yay
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #422 on: April 21, 2020, 10:23:26 PM »

I'm still a member right?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #423 on: April 21, 2020, 10:34:21 PM »

MEMBERS
Jimmy7812
Speaker YE
Interim Co-Chair Prolocutor Bagel23
politicalmasta73
tack50
jk2020
JGibson
thumb21
Pericles
FM Scott
Ishan
Peanut
MB
bruhgmger2
Interim Co-Chair Elcaspar
Pragma__TNAG
S019
WB
Lakigigar
Peebs
arjavrawal
West_Midlander
Lourdes
Gracile
Leinad
Razze
PSOL
21 L/P+ members
3 Federalists
1 Independent
Anyone else wanna join?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #424 on: April 21, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 05:10:38 PM by PSOL »

Anyway, here’s the official guidelines since the 2nd National Assembly:

A.C.L.O Guidelines since the  2nd National Assembly.

SECTION I: Organizational Purpose

1. The Atlasian Coalition of Labor Occupations is founded on the principles to create a better society for Atlasia, one that organizes itself and believes in the following core guidelines to achieve said society that is
   a. Free of unjust working conditions.
   b. A less stratified society
   c. Offers a fair wage to all who work in the jurisdictions of this republic.

SECTION II: Current Goals for Atlasia
1. No worker should subject themselves to unfair working conditions
   a. A socially hostile environment in which they are subjected to
     I. Harassment of any kind
     II. Nonconsensual sexual provocations
     III. Other physical or mental abuse
   b. A physically unsafe work environment
   c. Discrimination must be eliminated from the workplace. No one should be treated differently in
       any aspect based on
      I. Creed
      II. Religion
      III. Ethnicity
      IIII. Class
      IIIII. Sexual orientation
      IIIIII. Gender identity
      IIIIIII. Criminal record
                1. Unless clear possibility of abuse in the occupational position is determined, putting     
                    themselves or others in relative danger
   d. Not offering a mandatory 2 month paternity leave is subject to be labeled as an unfair feature of
       the Atlasian workplace

2. Workers must be payed a living wage at minimum
   a. Regionally, you should be able to subsist on the wage
   b. Wages must be routinely adjusted for inflation

3. Workplace democracy must be established in the Republic of Atlasia
   a. At least 50% of Company Board members and/or shareholders must be allocated to the workers
   b. The dissolution of said company must first offer their assets to the workers

4. The Republic of Atlasia must guarantee basic human rights in general, including but not exclusive, to those pertinent to the working Atlasian population.
   a. A guarantee on universal healthcare
   b. A strong welfare state
   c. The existence of a national pension system
   d. The right to assembly
   e. The right to organize in any way the workers see fit

5. The A.C.L.O. is committed to the continued existence of humanity by the protection of the continued habitability of planet Earth, as the working population is often the most affected by ecosystem disturbances
   a. The A.C.L.O is committed to fight for the stakeholders in times of strain due to malicious profit- 
       seeking ultimately causing catastrophe.
   b. It is in the working people’s best interest to seek out job retraining programs into less
    environmentally costly industries if the workers are affected by job loss from environmental
    legislation.
6. Atlasia must strive to be at full employment
    a. Due to the increasing redundancy of several industries, the best way to solve them is to provide
        I. More in the way of welfare spending as workers transition into another job
        II. More investment into job retraining programs that are
            1. Less likely to be lost in the process of future automation
            2. Be in jobs that provide a livelihood
SECTION II: Tactics
1. The A.C.L.O will defend workers’ rights by being a proactive union
   a. The following actions taken in Atlasia will warrant an immediate strike
      I. Austerity policies
      II. Rollback on workers’ rights
      III. Poor working conditions
      IIII. Wage theft
      IIIII. Breaking of contractual obligations
      IIIIII. Harms done for excessive profit seeking onto local stakeholders.

2. There will be a routine bulletin for the purpose of
   a. Informing the workers of their rights
   b. Endorsements using a letter grading scale and short description of
       I. Politicians
       II. Legislation
       III. Impacted Referendums
   c. Reports are released in intervals of two weeks the latest, not counting emergency or high profile
       notifications

3. The union will increase awareness of our rights by conducting annual demonstrations
  on May 1st

SECTION III: Organization

1. The union shall be organized into the several key branches based on occupational type
   a. Industrial Coalition Organization (I.C.O.)
   b. United Farmworkers
   c. Foodstuff Union
   d. Worker Transportation Alliance (W.T.A)
   c. Atlasian Society of Teamsters (A.S.T.)
   d. Confederation of Coders and Computational Engineers (C.C.C.E.)
   e. Mass Retail and Clerical Alliance
   f. Unified Screen Actor Guild and Writers Union of Atlasia (U.S.A.G.A.W.U.A.)
   g. Reporters Without Precariance (R.W.P)
   h. Mineral Extraction and Processing Occupations (M.E.P.O.)
   i. Medical Professional Union

2. Membership to the union shall require
   a. Living in the jurisdiction of the current Republic of Atlasia
   b. Not being in a management position
   c. Being clear of Far-Right and/or racist associations
   d. Not to having previously betray the principle of upholding the rights of the working populace
   e. No subverting the rights of the working class (I.e. crossing the picket line)
   f. Not having previously conducted notorious criminal behavior
   g. Having not committed abuse of fellow union members
   e. The breaking of any of these rules will warrant membership probation and expulsion if not
       opposed by a major portion of the body

3. The union shall conduct activities and inter-organization changes based on a popular vote on
   a. Union positions
   b. Major strikes
   c. Organizational guidelines
   d. Expelling members
      I. A referendum will be called upon by at least 10% of membership

4. Positions inside the union include
  a. Union Chairperson- Lead the Union. Determine Union agendas and actions. In national strikes,
      leads and acts as a delegate to meet national leadership. Can veto or stop union action unless
      overruled by an over 50% vote.
  b. Branch Leaders- Run the various organizations present in the A.C.L.O
  c. General Press Secretary- Create and format routinely the union’s bulletin board. Communicates
      with the public on Union issues.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies