New Type Of Parenting Gets Attention, Raising Gender Neutral Children "Theybies"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 11:16:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New Type Of Parenting Gets Attention, Raising Gender Neutral Children "Theybies"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: If You Had Children Would You Raise Them As "Theybyies"
Yes
No
Undecided
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: New Type Of Parenting Gets Attention, Raising Gender Neutral Children "Theybies"  (Read 6020 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2018, 03:34:55 AM »

This is horrible and shouldn't be encouraged.

Poor parenting at its finest. That’s like raising race-neutral children.

What would you suggest for parents of mixed race children?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »

This is the correct way to raise a child.
I really hope you never have children in that case.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2018, 12:33:54 PM »

This is basically child abuse.

Of course not! If you are born a boy, you are a boy, and same for girls. At least that's how it will be done in my family.

Notice how it's only rich liberal attention-seekers that actually do this, and not regular, ordinary, sane people.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »

Do not worry about it then. I plan to be a lifelong vocel.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2018, 09:08:20 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2018, 09:19:50 PM »

Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2018, 07:37:09 AM »

Do not worry about it then. I plan to be a lifelong vocel.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2018, 12:18:43 PM »

I plan on raising my children as horses, subsisting on a diet of apples and oats.

This metaphor doesn't really work because men and women (and non-binary people) are also human beings.

This is really more like not letting your kids listen to music so they can decide what music they'll listen to when they're older. It's unorthodox, and I wouldn't do it, but anyone who calls it abuse is totally over-exaggerating. It's not harmful.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2018, 06:15:33 PM »

Some people must just get bored with life to come up with this kind of nonsense.
Like they could spend their time researching useful ways to parent that would be beneficial to their children nd instead come up with this nonsense.

I do agree with the post above about not saying "you cant do that because you are a boy/girl" but you certainly dont use they or zir or whatever to address them and refuse to say boy/girl or male/female.

Well there are limits. A boy doing ballet is one thing but if they say they want to wear a dress or a skirt to school that is another.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2018, 10:40:49 PM »

I plan on raising my children as horses, subsisting on a diet of apples and oats.

This metaphor doesn't really work because men and women (and non-binary people) are also human beings.

This is really more like not letting your kids listen to music so they can decide what music they'll listen to when they're older. It's unorthodox, and I wouldn't do it, but anyone who calls it abuse is totally over-exaggerating. It's not harmful.

Non-binary is a political identity with no basis in reality.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2018, 05:41:09 AM »

Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2018, 09:19:16 AM »

adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »

If you did a little research, you would know that cultures around the world have a long history of non-binary genders, and that this fact is well-accepted by sociologists and anthropologists as just as real as binary genders.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2018, 10:55:02 AM »

Child abuse alert. Also exhibit 80.000 of why climbing up too far in the Maslow pyramid as a society is probably bad.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »

If you did a little research, you would know that cultures around the world have a long history of non-binary genders, and that this fact is well-accepted by sociologists and anthropologists as just as real as binary genders.

I don't know if those societies actually believed that non-binary genders existed or if it's modern Westerners applying describing tomboys, effeminate men, and cross-dressers as some sort of third gender.  From what I understand, two-spirit in an entirely modern invention based on how the Sioux described gay men.  Premodern societies had all sorts of weird ideas, such as the earth being the center of the solar system or that the blood of an executed prisoner could heal a terminally ill person.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2018, 11:26:56 AM »

adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

I don't know if those societies actually believed that non-binary genders existed or if it's modern Westerners applying describing tomboys, effeminate men, and cross-dressers as some sort of third gender.  From what I understand, two-spirit in an entirely modern invention based on how the Sioux described gay men.  Premodern societies had all sorts of weird ideas, such as the earth being the center of the solar system or that the blood of an executed prisoner could heal a terminally ill person.

While the precise definition of gender is a modern one, certain pre-modern societies definitely had individuals that were neither exclusively masculine nor feminine and are well-described by the modern non-binary label. Comparisons to pre-modern unscientific views about the natural world aren't relevant here, as gender is a social construct whose role and meaning varies based on cultural context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender
rc18
United Kingdom

« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2018, 01:49:20 PM »

Fortunately idiots like these are among the least likely to reproduce in the first place...
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »

The only way we can truly manage to rid the world of gender discrimination is an entire generation of people raised as theybies.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2018, 02:11:50 PM »

The only way we can truly manage to rid the world of gender discrimination is an entire generation of people raised as theybies.

Exactly right. But those testosterone fueled theybie teens might try and impose the same gender roles we have today in future society. Better start putting every single child on puberty blockers at the age of 3 to ensure they don’t become too unequal down the line.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies