Trump tells veterans: What you're seeing is not what's happening
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 07:33:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump tells veterans: What you're seeing is not what's happening
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump tells veterans: What you're seeing is not what's happening  (Read 2606 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2018, 02:47:55 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 02:48:32 PM »

Silly me .... all this psychotic behavior from our president is just in my head.
"Everyone go get your eyes checked," the Orange Buffoon is telling us.
Besides it is very hot this summer, so maybe it's all just one big desert mirage.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 02:56:18 PM »

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
Angel of Death
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 02:57:55 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxGUe1cjzM&t=16s
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 03:05:56 PM »

The gaslighting of America is more obvious every day.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 03:23:07 PM »

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »

The gaslighting of America is more obvious every day.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 04:08:58 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 08:19:29 PM »

He might as well have said: " Anything you see is just your PTSD addled brains lying to you!" He would probably get away with saying that too, as usual while proclaiming about how patriotic he and the Republican Party are.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 08:21:17 PM »

Sounds very authoritarian of him
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 11:08:42 AM »

Good! We need that. That's what has been missing in American leadership, but that's just me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 11:17:37 AM »

Good! We need that. That's what has been missing in American leadership, but that's just me.

What America needs is authoritarian leadership? You souring on our democratic institutions?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »

What America needs is authoritarian leadership? You souring on our democratic institutions?

Uh yeah since like the 1960s, twenty years before I was born.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 11:18:57 AM »

So you wish Obama was more authoritarian?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »

About the time the Civil Rights movement kicked into high gear I guess. You care to offer up any details about what kind of authoritarian system you think we need?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

About the time the Civil Rights movement kicked into high gear I guess. You care to offer up any details about what kind of authoritarian system you think we need?

You're missing my point. Trump's tough talk is no different than how Truman often spoke. If it was okay in the 1950s, why is not okay today? Nothing changed. He's the President of the United States. I spoke to someone just yesterday who said when she read Trump's tweet to Iran she felt "like it was refreshing to have someone stand up for America".

All the "controversies" are not really controversies. They are political correctness. Donald Trump, is the anti-politically correct President. That's all. The reason MLB player Josh Hader gets a standing ovation in Milwaukee isn't like the libs on here say because he "apologized for offensiveness and agreed to sensitivity", he's getting a standing ovation by the crowd because that is their way of saying, "Screw those PC idiots, Josh! Keep playin' ball!"  Liberals gauge on the pulse of America is so far off that it's almost laughable.

Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 11:45:40 AM »

You're missing my point. Trump's tough talk is no different than how Truman often spoke. If it was okay in the 1950s, why is not okay today? Nothing changed. He's the President of the United States. I spoke to someone just yesterday who said when she read Trump's tweet to Iran she felt "like it was refreshing to have someone stand up for America".

All the "controversies" are not really controversies. They are political correctness. Donald Trump, is the anti-politically correct President. That's all. The reason MLB player Josh Hader gets a standing ovation in Milwaukee isn't like the libs on here say because he "apologized for offensiveness and agreed to sensitivity", he's getting a standing ovation by the crowd because that is their way of saying, "Screw those PC idiots, Josh! Keep playin' ball!"  Liberals gauge on the pulse of America is so far off that it's almost laughable.

Yep, the Dems doomed themselves by following Michele Obama’s advice to “go high”. Results can only be done by stooping below the level of the enemy.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »

This comment right here.  That’s it.

Man.

I have no respect for you.  You are not someone who should be allowed to vote.  Get out of my country.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 11:53:04 AM »

This comment right here.  That’s it.

Man.

I have no respect for you.  You are not someone who should be allowed to vote.  Get out of my country.

Read his follow up comment I quoted. Makes more sense in context.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 11:57:26 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2018, 12:01:27 PM by Torie »

All the "controversies" are not really controversies. They are political correctness. Donald Trump, is the anti-politically correct President. That's all. The reason MLB player Josh Hader gets a standing ovation in Milwaukee isn't like the libs on here say because he "apologized for offensiveness and agreed to sensitivity", he's getting a standing ovation by the crowd because that is their way of saying, "Screw those PC idiots, Josh! Keep playin' ball!"  Liberals gauge on the pulse of America is so far off that it's almost laughable.

Oh, you use the word "authoritarian" as a synonym for "tough talk." The problem with American since the early 1960's has been that we have not had enough tough talk. Who knew? Anyway, that is a very idiosyncratic use of the word the way you use it, which interferes with communication. Have you ever noticed that Trump talks tough one day, then reverses himself, and says the opposite the next day, or denied what he said the previous day?

Not that I am complaining. I far prefer Trump talking tough, as an exercise in demagoguery, rather than actually implementing his insane rantings (too bad some of them have been implemented, like his tariff regime, that he sadly can impose unilaterally by labeling everybody a security risk, which poses a grave danger to our economy over time). If that happened, the consequences would be catastrophic.

On the other hand, I kind of would like him to implement some of his tough talk, like firing Rosenstein, so that he can promptly be impeached and convicted and removed from office, thereby enabling this long national nightmare to be brought to a close.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 12:48:58 PM »

Good point. I had forgotten about the time that Truman mocked a disabled reporter and then sent a telegram to Stalin IN ALL CAPS TO SHOW HOW SERIOUS HE WAS.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 12:56:45 PM »

Who are you going to trust -- me or your lying eyes?

The Orwellian citation (if it is not Orwell himself in Nineteen Eighty-Four)

suggests Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Mao Zedong, Satan Hussein, and Donald Trump.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »

Tribalism, denial of reality, obedience to an authoritarian leader... hmmmm... that’s clearly never been tried before. There’s no way that can go badly!
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »

This is right up there with "alternative facts."
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 01:36:04 PM »

Come on, Naso. You know full well that you and your compadres would be screaming bloody murder if Obama had said the same thing
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies