Opinion of Vladimir Putin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:46:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Vladimir Putin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Opinion of Vladimir Putin
Freedom Fighter (D)

Horrible Person (D)

Freedom Fighter (R)

Horrible Person (R)

Freedom Fighter (I/third party)

Horrible Person (I/third party)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Opinion of Vladimir Putin  (Read 1951 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2018, 01:10:41 PM »

?
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 01:13:15 PM »

HP
James Monroe

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 01:26:59 PM »

The true enemy of the modern world.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 01:34:59 PM »

Complete and utter HP.

He's a thug that threatens the stability of the world and denies full freedom to the Russian people.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 01:39:19 PM »

Mega Mega Mega HP
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 01:55:37 PM »

Complete and utter HP.

He's a thug that threatens the stability of the world and denies full freedom to the Russian people.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:02:00 PM »

LOL at Westerners who probably like Gorby and Yeltsin. No; Freedom Fighter (R) for making Russia great again.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »
« Edited: July 23, 2018, 05:40:20 AM by Torie »

LOL at Westerners who probably like Gorby and Yeltsin. No; Freedom Fighter (R) for making Russia great again.

Beet, this is a joke right? Otherwise, this seems like trolling to me. Why would you admire someone making Russia great again (actually he is weakening it and making it sh**t*y again, but I digress) via using execrable means? Why would it seem good to you to have Russia be great again, given who you are?  When was Russia "great" in your view? During the Stalin era?
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 02:06:46 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 03:11:18 PM »

Beet, this is a joke right? Otherwise, this seems like trolling to me. Why would you admire someone making Russia great again (actually he is weakening it and making is sh**t*y again, but I digress) via using execrable means? Why would it seem good to you to have Russia be great again, given who you are?  When was Russia "great" in your view? During the Stalin era?

Would you say it was trolling if I said Gorbachev and Yeltsin were great? Are we only allowed to approve of Russian leaders who presided over dismantlement and economic depression, unemployment, suicide, drug addiction, and oligarchy? Torie, I am trying to look at this from the Russian perspective. When Putin came to power, Russia was on its knees. Now it has even our national security establishment on the run. Reagan and FDR did excretable things yet we consider them good leaders. I don't like him personally but I don't think his high approval ratings are made up.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 03:29:31 PM »

Ultra mega super etc HP, both from a Russian and a Westerner prespective.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 03:34:56 PM »

Massive HP, possibly the worst political leader in Europe
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »

Well, a person who murders journalists and critics, invades foreign countries, guts civil rights, destabilizes the west and interferes in foreign elections is obviously a massive HP.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 05:09:27 PM »

Well, a person who murders journalists and critics, invades foreign countries, guts civil rights, destabilizes the west and interferes in foreign elections is obviously a massive HP.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »

tilt ff.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »

Um, why?
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 06:30:14 PM »

Goodness, yes. Why on earth?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »

I think he is bad for us, but I think he is the best Russian leader since Lenin really. Much better than all the other crap like Yeltsin. I hate all the corruption and stuff, but the lifestyle and quality of life that my family there has lived in is the best it has been in recent memory and started picking up when he took office. Don't get me wrong, they are still poor, but how the economy has grown under him (well it sank like 4 years ago) but still and it is much higher than before. And also I really like his foreign policy towards Syria and Ukraine, and the new technology coming out of the military is making the country stronger again, and also is really boosting the r&d markets and manufacturing in Ufa where my family lives. I also strongly approve of the international conference being held there several years ago. The whole idea on self dependent Russian agriculture has also started to work better there, and stores are seeing a lot more products and a need for more people in some service industries. He's no king or hero, but I feel much more confident in him than other options especially how he keeps Russia safe (yes it's to our detriment hence only slight ff again), and my family over there really says they are benefitting from it. Russia has a different culture and people, they need a strongman.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2018, 06:34:58 PM »

And his moves to keep Europe on Russian oil is fairly genius.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2018, 06:37:39 PM »

Beet, this is a joke right? Otherwise, this seems like trolling to me. Why would you admire someone making Russia great again (actually he is weakening it and making is sh**t*y again, but I digress) via using execrable means? Why would it seem good to you to have Russia be great again, given who you are?  When was Russia "great" in your view? During the Stalin era?

Would you say it was trolling if I said Gorbachev and Yeltsin were great? Are we only allowed to approve of Russian leaders who presided over dismantlement and economic depression, unemployment, suicide, drug addiction, and oligarchy? Torie, I am trying to look at this from the Russian perspective. When Putin came to power, Russia was on its knees. Now it has even our national security establishment on the run. Reagan and FDR did excretable things yet we consider them good leaders. I don't like him personally but I don't think his high approval ratings are made up.

Frankly on this Beet is absolutely right.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 06:41:28 PM »

Also he is better than basically all the other idiots who could have potentially been president instead of him which also contributes to my rating that he is slight ff.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 06:48:26 PM »

Also he is better than basically all the other idiots who could have potentially been president instead of him which also contributes to my rating that he is slight ff.

This is what I keep telling people. Putin and United Russia are for all intents and purposes the centrists in Russia. Westerners imagine that without Putin you'd have some liberal in power, but that type of politics has almost no support outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg; the alternatives to Putin there are the nationalists or the communists, thus I think it's pretty clear that Putin is the best option. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is even Nalvany is a right wing nationalist.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 06:51:19 PM »

I guess he is in a way. I mean, Gorbachev's 1996 presidential run tells you enough about what the Russian people think about him. And let's not even begin about Yeltsin's record in the 1990s lol. But we can't really ignore the terrible things Putin has been doing, and I guess it's quite ironic for someone from the West to back Putin who's quite frankly really antagonistic towards transatlantic alliances. I'm not sure whether Putin will have been good for Russia in the long-term though. The Crimea stuff obviously was meant to distract people from a stagnating economy. It has worked out well so far, but Russia has some long-term economic problems and I wonder whether Putin can adress them. Not to mention the chaos there would be if Putin doesn't properly arrange his succession.

This is what I keep telling people. Putin and United Russia are for all intents and purposes the centrists in Russia. Westerners imagine that without Putin you'd have some liberal in power, but that type of politics has almost no support outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg; the alternatives to Putin there are the nationalists or the communists, thus I think it's pretty clear that Putin is the best option. My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is even Nalvany is a right wing nationalist.

Navalny isn't a progressive bleeding-heart liberal yeah. It makes him even better Smiley. But lol at the idea of the Liberal Democratic Party being in charge of Russia. That would make for some ... interesting times. I guess Putin is preferable to that. Still, Putin could make some steps towards a more liberal Russia and he could try to focus on implementing necessary reforms instead of focusing on useless nationalist dick measuring contests which will only harm Russia on the long term.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 07:01:49 PM »

Exactly. Navalny is an inexperienced Western Plant who will betray Russian interests and be weak footed under even more robust Western pressure on Russia's biggest sphere of influence, oil and minerals.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 07:28:51 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2018, 07:43:26 PM by Lechasseur »

I guess he is in a way. I mean, Gorbachev's 1996 presidential run tells you enough about what the Russian people think about him. And let's not even begin about Yeltsin's record in the 1990s lol. But we can't really ignore the terrible things Putin has been doing, and I guess it's quite ironic for someone from the West to back Putin who's quite frankly really antagonistic towards transatlantic alliances. I'm not sure whether Putin will have been good for Russia in the long-term though. The Crimea stuff obviously was meant to distract people from a stagnating economy. It has worked out well so far, but Russia has some long-term economic problems and I wonder whether Putin can adress them.

Well, there are several things Putin has done or is doing that I don't like (say Russia's influence in Moldova for example), but Russia under him has been in the best shape it's been in probably in its entire history. And for better or worse, I believe Putin is doing what he thinks is best for Russia; while Western leaders have not acted in their countries' best interests in decades. On top of that, while he could do it in a better way (say by not being mean to the LGBT community, as they're doing nothing wrong), he's one of the rare leaders of Christendom who's trying to reverse his country's moral and cultural decline, along with the decline of Christianity, which to the contrary in the West our elites are encouraging, aiding and abetting the decline in the West. So even if I don't like everything he's done, I respect Putin just for that, and will give him a "tilt ff" rating like Bagel did.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies