2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:05:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: 2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest  (Read 22347 times)
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: November 21, 2018, 11:20:00 PM »

I think this might be the week that UCF finally loses.

How? USF is clearly one of the most overrated team in the country. What about the four game losing streak of this futile offense? Especially after two absurdly close victories to bottomfeeders preceded that. I've been hoping for them to turn it around all year, but even last week's early lead was an obvious fluke.

Quit yer hating. Fans like you need to be knocked down a peg and open your eyes. If a one point win against Memphis is your sole complaint, please remind yourself of the virtually unplayable weather conditions and look at the rest of their performances against competition that rivals Clemson's. SoS-adjusted metrics point to them being correctly placed. You just don't want an unnecessary asterisk.

Believe me, a 1 point win against Memphis isn’t my sole complaint.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #426 on: November 23, 2018, 05:28:13 PM »

UCF's star QB McKenzie Milton just went out with what looks like a season-ending injury.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #427 on: November 23, 2018, 06:49:03 PM »

The haters got exactly what they prayed for. Make them lose at all costs.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #428 on: November 23, 2018, 08:11:36 PM »

No, Virginia, there is not a Santa Claus.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #429 on: November 23, 2018, 10:50:41 PM »

Is anyone else watching the Oklahoma/West Virginia game?

The offense is insane. I could easily see both teams breaking 65 points by the end of the game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #430 on: November 23, 2018, 10:53:00 PM »

Washington on their way to officially ending the PAC-12's slim chances of making the playoff. They lead Wazzu 20-9 in the third quarter.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #431 on: November 24, 2018, 01:52:25 AM »

With Washington State's loss, the PAC-12 will have a champion with at least two losses, and is thus eliminated from the playoff.

Better luck next year.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #432 on: November 24, 2018, 09:05:45 PM »

Michigan got flattened against Ohio State and Notre Dame is down 10-0 against USC early.

Assuming the Notre Dame/USC result holds up, this is what I predict next week's Playoff standings will look like.

1. Alabama (With Michigan and possibly even Notre Dame losing, they are in, even if they lose the SEC Championship Game)

2. Clemson (Clemson's in a bit of trouble against South Carolina right now, but even if they lose this week, all they have to do is win the ACC Championship Game to get in)

3. Georgia (If Georgia wins the SEC Championship Game, they are in. If not, we are talking about Oklahoma, assuming they win the Big Twelve Championship Game)

4. UCF (Yes, they lost their Quarterback for the season. But this scenario, with two top four teams losing this week, and then one of Alabama/Georgia next week plus possibly Oklahoma) would set up perfectly for them to actually make the playoff. It is telling that they reached the #9 ranking this week, their best ever.

However, if Notre Dame recovers and wins, the rankings will look (in my opinion) as follows:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

4. Georgia (Georgia gets in over Oklahoma, due to quite frankly, having a stronger team, as Oklahoma plays almost no Defense, and playing in a stronger conference).
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #433 on: November 24, 2018, 09:08:27 PM »

Michigan got flattened against Ohio State and Notre Dame is down 10-0 against USC early.

Assuming the Notre Dame/USC result holds up, this is what I predict next week's Playoff standings will look like.

1. Alabama (With Michigan and possibly even Notre Dame losing, they are in, even if they lose the SEC Championship Game)

2. Clemson (Clemson's in a bit of trouble against South Carolina right now, but even if they lose this week, all they have to do is win the ACC Championship Game to get in)

3. Georgia (If Georgia wins the SEC Championship Game, they are in. If not, we are talking about Oklahoma, assuming they win the Big Twelve Championship Game)

4. UCF (Yes, they lost their Quarterback for the season. But this scenario, with two top four teams losing this week, and then one of Alabama/Georgia next week plus possibly Oklahoma) would set up perfectly for them to actually make the playoff. It is telling that they reached the #9 ranking this week, their best ever.

However, if Notre Dame recovers and wins, the rankings will look (in my opinion) as follows:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

4. Georgia (Georgia gets in over Oklahoma, due to quite frankly, having a stronger team, as Oklahoma plays almost no Defense, and playing in a stronger conference).

Please stop with the UCF stuff.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: November 24, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »

Unfortunately Ohio State is going to very unfairly repass UCF. You can forget about that dream. Our prayers are now with Northwestern
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: November 24, 2018, 09:19:00 PM »

And seriously, screw the Terps. I didn't think my opinion of such an inoffeneive program could sink this low at the time of Tua's Toss to conclude 2017. Now the whole nation outside of Columbus is going to be screaming Roll Tide Roll to prevent this national travesty.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #436 on: November 25, 2018, 12:22:37 AM »

Anyone watching the LSU/Texas A&M game?

I thought the SEC played defense!
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #437 on: November 25, 2018, 12:24:46 AM »

They do. It was 31-31 at the end of regulation lol.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #438 on: November 25, 2018, 12:50:08 AM »

They do. It was 31-31 at the end of regulation lol.

Seriously! LSU was sub 500 yards of offense!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #439 on: November 25, 2018, 01:16:43 PM »

Not really an LSU fan (though I have nothing against them) but they had so many borderline calls go against them on so many critical plays. Of course, the butthurt over this one will last a long time.  Glad I wasn't around LSU fans while I watched the game.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #440 on: November 25, 2018, 01:51:02 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2018, 01:56:18 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

In Illinois-related news, Lovie Smith received AN EXTENSION?HuhHuh

Not gonna criticize the move because hey, maybe it will pay off. But have fun going up against Frost and Fleck, who will have similar roster experience as well as two of the three longest tenured real P5 coaches for good reason.

Brohm would be wise to get out.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #441 on: November 25, 2018, 02:13:55 PM »

Not gonna criticize the move because hey, maybe it will pay off. But have fun going up against Frost and Fleck, who will have similar roster experience as well as two of the three longest tenured real P5 coaches for good reason.

They may as well extend him thru the current recruiting class if they're not going to fire him... Maybe they liked the way that he ONLY lost to NW by a touchdown.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #442 on: November 25, 2018, 02:22:37 PM »

Between football and politics, it's like RINO is living in hell and we all get to watch.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #443 on: November 26, 2018, 12:29:31 PM »

Here's my idea for CFP reform:  get rid of weekly polls.

The fact that Notre Dame is a lock for a playoff while more deserving, better-talented teams such as Oklahoma, UGA and Ohio State are on the margin hurts the legitimacy of the playoff.  The "pecking order" established by early CFP polls makes it too much of a horse-race, where teams are unable to jump ahead of less talented teams with easier schedules.

No weekly polls.  Send the committee into a locked room at the end of the season.  Come out with 4 teams.  I bet Notre Dame wouldn't be there. 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #444 on: November 26, 2018, 01:34:01 PM »

I'd like to see them expand the playoff to 8 team (3 rounds) that includes all Power 5 conference champions, the highest-rated Group of 5 team, and two at-large teams.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: November 26, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »

I'd like to see them expand the playoff to 8 team (3 rounds) that includes all Power 5 conference champions, the highest-rated Group of 5 team, and two at-large teams.

This used to be my thought process (well, on a much grander scale with 16 and multiple guaranteed slots), but I've come around to the idea the conference champion is borderline meaningless. Pittsburgh should not be sniffing a playoff should it pull off an upset and Northwestern and Utah probably should not either. Meanwhile, last year's obvious champion would be left out.

And yes, Notre Dame absolutely would be in without weekly polls if they were undefeated. They scheduled what was perceived to be tough. What more can you ask for? Yes, they are 7th best. They'd still get in with four ranked wins and an addition four wins over preseason ranked teams. Clemson also never had a real chance of losing a game this year.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #446 on: November 26, 2018, 03:42:51 PM »

Prediction: Memphis will beat UCF in the AAC championship game.  No team has played UCF closer during the streak than Memphis; UCF won by one point earlier this season after trailing by 16, and their double-OT win in last year's championship was one of the most exciting games of the year.  Memphis has been hot lately (they just clobbered a pretty good Houston team) and UCF will be without McKenzie Milton. 
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: November 26, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »

>Pretty good Houston team down a QB and an additional top 5 draft pick

That being said, I am nervous.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #448 on: November 26, 2018, 06:39:07 PM »

Prediction: Memphis will beat UCF in the AAC championship game.  No team has played UCF closer during the streak than Memphis; UCF won by one point earlier this season after trailing by 16, and their double-OT win in last year's championship was one of the most exciting games of the year.  Memphis has been hot lately (they just clobbered a pretty good Houston team) and UCF will be without McKenzie Milton. 

I picked UCF, but I do see your argument, and I think an upset is very possible.

Then again, my upset pick was Georgia over Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. Georgia has clearly been the best non-Alabama team all season (sorry LSU), and probably has more to play for than Alabama does, as I think the Crimson Tide have a spot in the playoff locked up win or lose (though they probably would appreciate Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma losses if they do lose, they aren't required, especially given how the committee has rated both Oklahoma and Georgia this year. They'd probably stay just ahead of a Big Ten Champion Ohio State a scenario where everyone except Alabama wins). Yes, Georgia's in the weaker division, but they have won four games against ranked opponents to Alabama's three (Auburn wasn't ranked at the time Alabama played them, but they were when Georgia did). Yes, Alabama has been impressive, but other than the LSU game, so has Georgia.

Georgia 34, Alabama 31.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #449 on: November 26, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »

Between football and politics, it's like RINO is living in hell and we all get to watch.

But seriously...  lol
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies