2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:15:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22
Author Topic: 2018 Atlas CFB Pick Em Contest  (Read 23109 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 17, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »

Fresno State lost to Minnesota and has not beaten a single worthwhile team to make up for that. Utah State has been legitimately impressive though certainly not better
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #401 on: November 17, 2018, 03:23:35 PM »

This Maryland-Ohio State game is wild.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #402 on: November 17, 2018, 03:26:00 PM »

Being hopeful and picked Cincinnati today. This clown show needs to end.

538 makes a pretty good argument that UCF is only the third-best Group of Five team, behind Fresno State and Utah State: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ucf-might-not-even-be-as-good-as-fresno-state-let-alone-georgia-or-michigan/.

You've convinced me. I just switched my UCF pick to Cincinnati.

Change it back. Your upset picks have been the kiss of death lately
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #403 on: November 17, 2018, 04:13:50 PM »

Weird coincidence: Utah is playing at Colorado at the same time Utah State is playing at Colorado State.  Also, both Utah schools are ranked.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #404 on: November 17, 2018, 06:48:19 PM »

Even though the Iowa-Illinois matchup is too utterly irrelevant to make it into our pick 'ems, I did pick the Illini in my work league. Smiley  Of course, my actual prediction is Iowa wins 42-31, but hey ... what the hell, why not?
Need to change your avatar from R-IL to RIP-IL
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2018, 06:52:51 PM »

Urban Meyer looked like he was going to drop dead a couple of times.  Literally.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #406 on: November 17, 2018, 06:56:16 PM »

Urban Meyer looked like he was going to drop dead a couple of times.  Literally.

If the Maryland QB had thrown a better pass on the 2-point attempt, he probably would have.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #407 on: November 17, 2018, 07:18:50 PM »

Why is it, that every time I pick an upset, the team I pick gets loses? Texas A&M twice, Syracuse twice, LSU, Boston College...my picks are picks are about as cursed as President Obama's bracket.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2018, 07:55:49 PM »

This has to be the end of the Lovie era at Illinois... right?  You can't come back from this.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2018, 07:56:21 PM »

Duke doing pretty well to be only down one to Clemson early in the Second Quarter.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »

Why is it, that every time I pick an upset, the team I pick gets loses? Texas A&M twice, Syracuse twice, LSU, Boston College...my picks are picks are about as cursed as President Obama's bracket.

Upsets don't just happen for no reason. Generally you ought to have a rationale for believing that team will win.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2018, 09:17:02 PM »

I pointed that out earlier lol
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2018, 10:43:12 PM »

And it looks I should have stuck with UCF. 538 should stick to politics.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2018, 11:08:01 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet...West Virginia lost to Oklahoma State earlier today. I think that loss probably knocks Oklahoma out of the playoff, assuming the Sooners still win the Big Twelve.

I can't help but think Oklahoma crushes West Virginia or Texas in the Big Twelve Championship Game, and then ends up in the Sugar Bowl, missing out on the playoff in favor of Michigan (if they beat Ohio State) or Alabama (if they lose to Georgia in the SEC Championship Game).
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2018, 11:04:55 PM »

Is anyone here willing to coach the Oklahoma defense?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2018, 11:09:43 PM »

Give me until the bowl game (what I presume would be the Sugar Bowl)...I'll have the defense ready for Georgia.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #416 on: November 19, 2018, 10:32:19 AM »

Even though the Iowa-Illinois matchup is too utterly irrelevant to make it into our pick 'ems, I did pick the Illini in my work league. Smiley  Of course, my actual prediction is Iowa wins 42-31, but hey ... what the hell, why not?
Need to change your avatar from R-IL to RIP-IL

LOL, I was dead inside Saturday ... until I drank all 63 points away that night.

This has to be the end of the Lovie era at Illinois... right?  You can't come back from this.

Unfortunately, there are a few million reasons why it likely won't be, but ... man.  That was pathetic.  Truly a team that quit, and regardless of win total I don't think this season can be considered an improvement on last year after that debacle.  I'm off the bandwagon officially, and I support a change.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #417 on: November 19, 2018, 01:17:08 PM »

Taking West Virginia over Oklahoma and Washington over Washington State for upsets this weeks.

Would have added Ohio State over Michigan, but after getting blown out by Purdue, I don't trust the Buckeyes.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #418 on: November 19, 2018, 01:18:32 PM »

Taking West Virginia over Oklahoma and Washington over Washington State for upsets this weeks.

Would have added Ohio State over Michigan, but after getting blown out by Purdue, I don't trust the Buckeyes.

I'm not sure West Virginia counts as an upset. Right now the odds site I use says its a pick-em.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #419 on: November 19, 2018, 01:21:07 PM »

I'm not sure West Virginia counts as an upset. Right now the odds site I use says its a pick-em.

Even in a pick'em game someone is still an underdog, and I view that team as West Virginia.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #420 on: November 19, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »

Even in a pick'em game someone is still an underdog, and I view that team as West Virginia.

I...what? I don't understand. By current Vegas odds, neither team is the underdog. You personally believe West Virginia is the worse team and because of that you're picking them?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #421 on: November 19, 2018, 01:26:03 PM »

I...what? I don't understand. By current Vegas odds, neither team is the underdog. You personally believe West Virginia is the worse team and because of that you're picking them?

I didn't say West Virginia was the worse team. I said they were the nominal underdog, because Oklahoma has a higher playoff ranking.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #422 on: November 21, 2018, 07:36:01 PM »

I think this might be the week that UCF finally loses.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #423 on: November 21, 2018, 07:38:40 PM »

Fingers crossed.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: November 21, 2018, 10:25:57 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2018, 10:30:12 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

How? USF is clearly one of the most overrated team in the country. What about the four game losing streak of this futile offense? Especially after two absurdly close victories to bottomfeeders preceded that. I've been hoping for them to turn it around all year, but even last week's early lead was an obvious fluke.

Quit yer hating. Fans like you need to be knocked down a peg and open your eyes. If a one point win against Memphis is your sole complaint, please remind yourself of the virtually unplayable weather conditions and look at the rest of their performances against competition that rivals Clemson's. SoS-adjusted metrics point to them being correctly placed. You just don't want an unnecessary asterisk.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies