Corruption Message Gaining Traction Against the GOP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:18:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Corruption Message Gaining Traction Against the GOP
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Corruption Message Gaining Traction Against the GOP  (Read 2368 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2018, 08:10:21 AM »

Thanks Trump!  Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.

source
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 08:38:14 AM »

Unsurprising and welcome
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 08:40:01 AM »

That's pretty impressive for a survey in R-held districts.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 09:43:40 AM »

Same thing happened in 2006.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 10:10:17 AM »

He just walked back the collusion story, something good is happening.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 10:32:56 AM »

Corruption? That is just one tiny plank of the message Democrats need to win. It's going to be all about Trump.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 10:36:19 AM »

Trumpers=Grifters and biogts
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »

Republicans have Russia so all is not lost for them.

And this time, Russia may actually be successful in altering votes (they tried in 2016 but failed).
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »

Corruption? That is just one tiny plank of the message Democrats need to win. It's going to be all about Trump.

Not really, health care is the going to be the #1 issue this fall. Trump will obviously be omnipresent in every race, but the Democrats are going to hammer Republicans on health care, especially with increases going into effect in October.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 03:33:14 PM »

Not really, health care is the going to be the #1 issue this fall. Trump will obviously be omnipresent in every race, but the Democrats are going to hammer Republicans on health care, especially with increases going into effect in October.

The health care thing is only going to affect working-class poor people.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 03:34:35 PM »

It affects a lot of middle-class people too.  Preexisting conditions is a big deal.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »

It affects a lot of middle-class people too.  Preexisting conditions is a big deal.

True, but I feel it will be a higher priority for the poor. All of the poor are at risk while only some in the middle-class with pre-existing conditions feel that way. I’m sure these upper-middle-class people are more worried about, say, their kid being shot at school than health care.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 08:00:18 PM »

As it should. Trump's cult and the average GOP voter won't respond very well to this, but hopefully enough Americans that haven't declared their blood oath to Trump, are starting to wake up and see that this is how the GOP always governs, and always will.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 05:15:56 AM »

You mean those same working-class people who were normally reliably Democratic voters but went for T***p last time, that Republicans desperately need to hold onto if they want to win again given that they've already given up on the muh SLBFC middle-class voters? Yeah, alienating those voters was a genius move by Ryan&co.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 09:32:41 AM »

Your delusion about who Democratic voters are remains high, I see.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 04:51:33 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/statesub.php?year=2016&fips=21063&f=0&off=0&elect=0
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 02:59:48 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/statesub.php?year=2016&fips=21063&f=0&off=0&elect=0

Are you suggesting that post-2016 election results I think the voters of this county are going to vote against Trump again?  LOL.  I'm well aware of who GOP voters are ... you and many others who like to tickle your own fancies, though, think that who GOP voters are inherently says something (positive) about who Democratic voters are.  I'd argue you're delusional in that aspect.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 03:15:20 PM »

Are you suggesting that post-2016 election results I think the voters of this county are going to vote against Trump again?  LOL.  I'm well aware of who GOP voters are ... you and many others who like to tickle your own fancies, though, think that who GOP voters are inherently says something (positive) about who Democratic voters are.  I'd argue you're delusional in that aspect.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get so passionate over nothing more than an Elliott County, Kentucky election result before. Wink
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 04:09:14 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get so passionate over nothing more than an Elliott County, Kentucky election result before. Wink

Bro, it's a pretty bogus setup for you/PNM/et. al. to quote me and/or call me out by name and then accuse me of "freaking out" or "rage posting" or "getting so passionate about" something when I simply respond to what you said.

But if it is what you enjoy most on Atlas for some reason, whatever.  Cheers. Wink
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 04:28:01 PM »

Bro, it's a pretty bogus setup for you/PNM/et. al. to quote me and/or call me out by name and then accuse me of "freaking out" or "rage posting" or "getting so passionate about" something when I simply respond to what you said.

But if it is what you enjoy most on Atlas for some reason, whatever.  Cheers. Wink

LMAO

Tom, you'll always be my favorite RINO. Purple heart
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 05:05:11 PM »

Americans loathe corruption and vote against it whenever they get a chance. Congressional Representatives do not usually lose seats gerrymandered in their favor in wave elections for their Party, especially with an unusually-strong nominee for President at the top of the ticket. Former Congressman William "Cold Cash" Jefferson of LA-01 (largely New Orleans in a heavily-black district) lost in 2008 despite Barack Obama.

Republicans cannot avoid the stench of corruption involving President Trump.  
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 11:09:04 PM »

Americans loathe corruption and vote against it whenever they get a chance. Congressional Representatives do not usually lose seats gerrymandered in their favor in wave elections for their Party, especially with an unusually-strong nominee for President at the top of the ticket. Former Congressman William "Cold Cash" Jefferson of LA-01 (largely New Orleans in a heavily-black district) lost in 2008 despite Barack Obama.

Republicans cannot avoid the stench of corruption involving President Trump.  

"Cold Cash" lost to Joseph Cao (R-New Orleans), a Vietnamese who was the only Republican to vote for Obamacare.

FF, dontcha think?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies