Legislation: Kentucky Statehood Act of 1790 (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:57:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Legislation: Kentucky Statehood Act of 1790 (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation: Kentucky Statehood Act of 1790 (Passed)  (Read 890 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: July 15, 2018, 10:20:22 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

As I have stated previously, I am fully in support of the efforts of the peoples of the territories to organize themselves into states, and have supported the efforts of the people of Kentucky to become a state, among others.  I strongly urge my fellow Deputies and Patriots to vote in favor of this Act, as the people of Kentucky have proven themselves to want statehood and the ability to govern themselves.

I yield.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 01:53:04 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

It appears that the Gentleman from New York City & Westchester fails to recognize that the will of the people of Kentucky should come first in addressing their own affairs, such as the institution of slavery, not the will of a single man from New York.  As such, I wish to bestow a title upon the Gentleman, King Jay the First, as he has proven throughout his time in this Assembly to believe that he has the power to trample upon the right of the citizens of this nation to govern themselves and their own affairs, much as a tyrant would.  In the interests of defending the right of the citizens of Kentucky to govern their own affairs, I urge my fellow Deputies and Patriots to vote against the Gentleman from New York City & Westchester's amendment, and to vote in favor of the unamended legislation.

I yield.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies