Donald Trump once again shows the world that he's a White supremacist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:59:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donald Trump once again shows the world that he's a White supremacist
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Donald Trump once again shows the world that he's a White supremacist  (Read 3835 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 05:16:06 PM »

the meaning of the word 'nazi' loses its meaning every day similar to 'racist'; if you're right leaning and haven't been labelled those two words then you're lucky
Yes, calling a racist statement "racist" makes the word racist lose it's meaning Roll Eyes.

That's all you conservatives can say. Blah blah blah.

I'm not even an SJW or a person who thinks that "everything is racist". However, this statement is CLEARLY racist.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 06:07:09 PM »

Japan did horrible things but Japan was just imitating European powers.

[citation needed]
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 06:10:43 PM »

[citation needed]
Any basic history class is your citation.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 06:14:05 PM »

[citation needed]

I've taught history at university level, and your statement is BS.

BTW, who were the Mongols of Genghis Khan and his successors imitating?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 06:36:34 PM »

[citation needed]

I've taught history at university level, and your statement is BS.

BTW, who were the Mongols of Genghis Khan and his successors imitating?
My statement is not BS. Also, you teaching history at a university level doesn't mean much of anything. How can you be a history professor (supposedly) and not know that Japanese imperialism was a direct reaction to European imperialism?

Also, what does the Mongols have to do with this thread?

Matter of fact, what does Japan have to do with this thread? Japan was brought up as a deflection from Trump's White Nationalist statements? The same thing is being done by you bringing up the Mongols.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 06:46:52 PM »

Japanese imperialism had characteristics not shared by European imperialism. The emperor cult with its shinto religious connotations was central to the Japanese idea of imperialism and had no direct equivalent in the imperialism of any of the contemporaneous European empires. It is ridiculous, for example, to claim that the idea of Hakkō ichiu ("that imperial rule had been divinely ordained to expand until it united the entire world") was "imitated" from Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakk%C5%8D_ichiu

1 in 200 men of the world are descended from Genghis Khan (source). That was the result of his violent conquests. What else do you call that if not colonizing the conquered countries?

And I'm not a professor but have taught history classes as a PhD student.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 06:54:35 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2018, 07:14:21 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Trump, Le Pen, Wilders, Salvini, Farage, Orban, and anyone like them should just join up together, become a Legion of Doom, and create their own country where they can do whatever they want and the rest of the world doesn't have to put up with them anymore. I can guarantee that they won't have to worry about anyone wanting to immigrate to their nation. It's a win-win.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 07:21:22 PM »

I thought I'd write a quick AtlasSplainer™ for the folks ITT who appear a little confused about what white supremacism is.

White supremacism is:

- Believing that White people are inherently superior to non-White people.

White supremacism isn't:

- Loving your culture, people, and nation.
- Favouring restrictions on immigration.
- Preferring your nation's culture over that of others and seeking to preserve it within your borders.

In conclusion, womp womp.

You're splitting hair. As far as I am concerned, both white supremacy and white nationalism are placing the white race above all others.  The difference is merely in degree.  
Exactly. Also, Trump has made White supremacist statements in the past.

Remember the sh*tholes comment? Also, Trump likes to talk about IQ a lot, especially when tallking about Black people (for example, when he tweeted about Maxine Waters).

Why would Maxine Water's race have anything to do with her notoriously low IQ? Where are you going with this?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 07:26:42 PM »

I thought I'd write a quick AtlasSplainer™ for the folks ITT who appear a little confused about what white supremacism is.

White supremacism is:

White supremacism isn't:

- Loving your culture, people, and nation.
- Favouring restrictions on immigration.
- Preferring your nation's culture over that of others and seeking to preserve it within your borders.

In conclusion, womp womp.

You're splitting hair. As far as I am concerned, both white supremacy and white nationalism are placing the white race above all others.  The difference is merely in degree.  
Exactly. Also, Trump has made White supremacist statements in the past.

Remember the sh*tholes comment? Also, Trump likes to talk about IQ a lot, especially when tallking about Black people (for example, when he tweeted about Maxine Waters).

Why would Maxine Water's race have anything to do with her notoriously low IQ? Where are you going with this?
What are you even talking about? Trump likes to bring up "low IQ" when he's talking about minorities and people that he doesn't like (just like he did when he was tweeting about Maxine Waters).

Also, I'm a Black man, so I don't know where you're trying to go with this.

Additionally, here's an entire article showing Trump's history of racism: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 08:10:01 PM »

lmao at people in this thread insisting that wanting to keep non-European immigrants from entering your country isn't based in some sort of racial animus
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »

It is amazing to see the same people who are so supportive of African or Asian countries retaining their culture call any attempt by European nations to do the same a display of White supremacism, most countries in the world exist as nation states, they are built around a single dominant culture.

America being more of a proposition nation is somewhat different but what applies to America or Canada does not apply to the old world. The attempt to transform Europe into some kind of amalgam of European, African and Islamic culture will most likely end in disaster, the countries of the old world from Europe to Asia are not proposition nations nor can they be transformed into them no matter how much those on the European left might want them to.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2018, 08:47:40 PM »

It is amazing to see the same people who are so supportive of African or Asian countries retaining their culture call any attempt by European nations to do the same a display of White supremacism, most countries in the world exist as nation states, they are built around a single dominant culture.

America being more of a proposition nation is somewhat different but what applies to America or Canada does not apply to the old world. The attempt to transform Europe into some kind of amalgam of European, African and Islamic culture will most likely end in disaster, the countries of the old world from Europe to Asia are not proposition nations nor can they be transformed into them no matter how much those on the European left might want them to.

(Glances through newbie's posting history)

This should end well.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 08:50:53 PM »

We mock this... but economic anxiety played an enormous role in the rise of the Nazis in Weimar Germany.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2018, 08:59:34 PM »

Huh? Have you ever been to, like, a city in any western country?

I grew up in an area with a lot of diversity, and it was great, in part because I didn't have an irrational hatred of others and wasn't trying to maintain my slowly declining dominant status in society. If you want to justify your racism you're going to have to do better than that.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2018, 09:01:45 PM »

White supremacism is:

White supremacism isn't also:

- Hating other cultures, peoples, and nations because they aren't exactly like you.
- Favouring restrictions on immigration, in order to create an underclass of exploitable labor.
- Preferring your sub-culture over that of others and seeking to force its adoption within your borders.

In conclusion, the modern Republican Party.

FIFY.

YW!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »

I think you name tells us all we need to know about you.

http://tolkiengateway.net/w/index.php?title=Annatar&redirect=no
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2018, 07:14:14 AM »

So these comments are vehemently ‘racist’ but Wakanda is okay?

Oh honey.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2018, 05:44:49 PM »

So these comments are vehemently ‘racist’ but Wakanda is okay?

Oh honey.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2018, 08:56:04 PM »

The blue and blue-adjacent avatars on here are becoming increasingly alt right and racist.
rob in cal
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 10:18:58 AM »

Concerning the question of would people still want to immigrate to countries run by people like Trump/Salvini etc, its not as if there has been a fall off of legal immigration to the US in the last one and a half years, nor any sign that that's in the cards.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2018, 10:23:45 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2018, 10:29:16 AM by DavidB. »

Laughable that the above statements would make Trump a "white supremacist". All of these statements are 100% true. I love the fact that the American president is saying this.

Right on.

the meaning of the word 'nazi' loses its meaning every day similar to 'racist'; if you're right leaning and haven't been labelled those two words then you're lucky
And right on.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2018, 10:30:03 AM »

By this logic, Japan is white supremacist too
Japan didn't colonize almost the entire world and destabilise countries in the Middle East.

A lot of the logic from blue avatars in this thread sounds very much like the Alt-Right. Interesting.

Please provide a list of countries colonized by the United States.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2018, 10:31:23 AM »

Japan didn't colonize almost the entire world and destabilise countries in the Middle East.

A lot of the logic from blue avatars in this thread sounds very much like the Alt-Right. Interesting.

What does this have to do with this thread?

Wow, I'm honestly just shocked at the deflections in this thread. It's sickening.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2018, 10:42:19 AM »

lmao at people in this thread insisting that wanting to keep non-European immigrants from entering your country isn't based in some sort of racial animus

Believe me, we want to keep those white European liberals out much more. They are nothing but problems.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2018, 10:46:49 AM »

What does this have to do with this thread?

Wow, I'm honestly just shocked at the deflections in this thread. It's sickening.

Because the U. S. colonized far less than Japan did? Because we didn’t conquer China, Korea, the Philippines, Southeast Asia, and Indonesia on the basis of our “superior race”?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies