FL-SEN (Mason Dixon): Scott leads among South Florida Hispanics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:38:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  FL-SEN (Mason Dixon): Scott leads among South Florida Hispanics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-SEN (Mason Dixon): Scott leads among South Florida Hispanics  (Read 5628 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« on: July 12, 2018, 11:11:56 AM »

Why bother? Just poll the whole state.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »

The race isn't tilt D anymore, its tossup, due to the fact Scott is the incumbent Gov and Latinos voted for him over Crist.

I doubt Dems hold everyone of their seats

They didnt though. There is literally a graph in this thread disproving that.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »

Let's hope Nelson is doing better with the old white vote than Hillary, otherwise this looks bad.

Spoiler, he probably is.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 02:03:19 PM »

So if Scott is leading among Hispanics in Southern Florida, I guess Scott might win Miami or just do a strong performance there.

Scott isnt coming close to winning Miami.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 02:14:11 PM »

So if Scott is leading among Hispanics in Southern Florida, I guess Scott might win Miami or just do a strong performance there.

Okay so maybe around 45 % for Scott in Miami.

Trump won 54% of Cubans in 2016 and still came nowhere near Hillary in Miami-Dade.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 02:25:41 PM »

Okay so maybe around 45 % for Scott in Miami.

Trump won 54% of Cubans in 2016 and still came nowhere near Hillary in Miami-Dade.

He actually lost Cubans 50-48 according to the Latino Decisions exit poll.

I was going by Pew.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 02:26:51 PM »

If I were a Democrat, I would be pretty terrified that Scott hasn't even tapped into his own fortune yet and he's still outspending Nelson exponentially.
Ehh, money is very useful, but its only up to a point. A candidate having 10 million vs one with 20 million will have no difference in voting numbers, compared to a candidate with 100,000 vs 1 million.
Other factors, such as name rec, and likability, are more influential than money, but money is usually needed to get these known to the public.
Rick Scott is really burning through money, but even if he tapped in to his personal account, it would start to have less and less of an impact. It matters more if Nelson has/uses money at this point, not Rick's accounts.

There was a recent investigation that concluded that more advertisement correlates with a higher vote share, though not with increased turnout. And more money = more advertisement.

Tell that to Hillary.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 05:37:34 PM »

Dems arent up 10 and loses seats in tve Senate. Its been a 4-6 point modest lead on Generic ballot

I have so many issues with this post but I know your just gonna ignore whatever i respond with.

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 10:08:14 PM »

As the OP I advise members to not waste their time responding to OC, Arkansas Yankee, or UWS.

As the OP I advise members to not waste their time responding to OC, Arkansas Yankee, or UWS.

You realize in the comment above I am actually not attacking Nelson.  I am pointing out something that there are actions that can be taken to mitigate by attempting to get decent photos out.

Of course Scott is subtly making an issue of age by making an issue of Nelson’s failure to agree to debates quickly.  

https://rickscottforflorida.com/2018/07/03/scott-for-florida-launches-the-bill-nelson-debate-dodger-calendar/
Nelson looks like an old man and is acting like one.  He needs to step up his game. You may be putting your head in the sand.  I hope you keep it there.

Bill Nelson is ancient and in horrible shape.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaUdJ47fksA.

His face still looks like he was run over by a car.     

Having lived in Florida for about 6 months, thats surprisingly common down here. I think its all the sun.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies