MI-SEN: "Defend sanctuary cities" blunder made by James campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:48:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-SEN: "Defend sanctuary cities" blunder made by James campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-SEN: "Defend sanctuary cities" blunder made by James campaign  (Read 1158 times)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2018, 02:07:02 PM »

The John James campaign mistakenly called for "defending sanctuary cities." This race is even safer D now.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »

Your weekly reminder that John James has never led a primary poll despite all the conservative hype around him.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »

Endorsed for pledging to protect sanctuary cities
Rhenna
Gabor
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 03:19:54 PM »

Remember when Fox interviewed James and the headline said "Michigan Senate race could be most competitive of 2018." Lol.
UncleSam

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »

Imagine the uproar on this forum if someone dared called a black Democrat low in or 60 is or anything like that.

John James probably won’t win the primary but if he does I fail to see how him mid-speaking is going to change things much. This was always an uphill battle for Rs and I fail to see how it is different today from yesterday.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

Imagine the uproar on this forum if someone dared called a black Democrat low in or 60 is or anything like that.

John James probably won’t win the primary but if he does I fail to see how him mid-speaking is going to change things much. This was always an uphill battle for Rs and I fail to see how it is different today from yesterday.

Dude, it's Bagel23. This is the guy who proudly said democrats should run a racebaiting white democrat against Tim Scott.

He's a deplorable person who pretty much everyone has called out at some point. I know you, UncleSam, enjoy jerking yourself off, but one person is not representative of a group.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 04:12:17 PM »

Wow, so KCD.. er, Bagel hates women and Black Republicans?Good to know, although hardly surprising.

I think this is Likely D regardless of whether James or Pensler wins the primary, fwiw. Obviously an uphill battle, and I doubt the race will be seriously contested either way.

No, fake news. I don't hate women, and I just dislike most Republicans as candidates in general regardless of skin color. I would have no qualms utilizing strategies that may include who they are in order to attempt to win, but only to attempt to play to a certain part of the electorate for the aforementioned strategy to win, but I don't believe it myself. Politics is kind of crooked like that.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »

Btw James having an iq in the 60s has nothing to do with his skin color. Time and time again studies have shown that all races are pretty much within the moe for equal iq. It just happens that he along with a lot of other white people, and asians, and indians, and hispanics, etc. and dummies from all different races are dumb. He just happens to be dumb along with a diverse coalition from every race. Sure he is black, but that has nothing to do with why he is dumb.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 05:37:15 PM »

Safe D -> Safe D
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 06:19:08 PM »

Your weekly reminder that John James has never led a primary poll despite all the conservative hype around him.

James strikes me as a quintessential Twitter hype candidate, much like what we see often happen with hard-left types who flame out
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2018, 07:00:00 PM »

Endorsed for pledging to protect sanctuary cities

Yeah, he clearly isn't horrible enough to be a Republican.
BlueDogs2020
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »

Dude, it's Bagel23. This is the guy who proudly said democrats should run a racebaiting white democrat against Tim Scott.

He's a deplorable person who pretty much everyone has called out at some point. I know you, UncleSam, enjoy jerking yourself off, but one person is not representative of a group.

It´s because he is a Blue Dog, and we have different values than the national party.....
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »

It´s because he is a Blue Dog, and we have different values than the national party.....
You know being a "blue dog" isn't really an excuse to be a racist.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2018, 09:47:37 PM »

There have been many Blue Dog type democrats on this forum over this years (Miles, Jimmie, Tim Turner, I guess VPH or LD Smith pending how you'd define the term). They generally don't go around call a black GOPer saying supporting sanctuary cities as having an IQ in the low 60s, which is implies retardation. 
InheritTheWind

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 09:15:32 AM »

Endorsing sanctuary cities to own the libs
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »

Looks like James is gonna get 33% of the vote instead of 35%.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 07:51:13 PM »

Endorsing sanctuary cities to own the libs
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 08:03:50 PM »

Pensler went full racist on James this week by running ads comparing him to Jesse Jackson and saying he was a part of the rainbow coalition. It just furthers my point that a Black Republican makes as much sense as a homophobic lesbian or an anti-Semitic Jew.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 09:16:38 PM »

Pensler went full racist on James this week by running ads comparing him to Jesse Jackson and saying he was a part of the rainbow coalition. It just furthers my point that a Black Republican makes as much sense as a homophobic lesbian or an anti-Semitic Jew.

That's not racist. I don't like Pensler, but he is a heck of a lot better than that crazy lame garbage James. I look forward to James' demise, what a sick and disgusting excuse for an individual he is.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »

That's not racist. I don't like Pensler, but he is a heck of a lot better than that crazy lame garbage James. I look forward to James' demise, what a sick and disgusting excuse for an individual he is.
That is 100% racist.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 11:51:22 PM »

Even if it was an error that's not going to stop many conservatives from ignoring that it was an error and claiming that he supports sanctuary cities.

It's gotten to the point where they aren't even using dog whistle anymore.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »

One of the most hilarious blunders yet of the midterm campaign season. Laughed for a solid minute over this.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 12:07:39 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies