Éminence grise - a 2020 Election Game (Rules, Signups, and OOC)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:26:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Éminence grise - a 2020 Election Game (Rules, Signups, and OOC)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Author Topic: Éminence grise - a 2020 Election Game (Rules, Signups, and OOC)  (Read 16169 times)
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »

I’ll just go ahead and say who I’m choosing.  He’s a celebrity who has been involved in politics and has even expressed interest in running for President

That's literally over a dozen celebrities
He’s an actor which I’m a big fan of.

Still a lot of people. You have to be more specific
Fine. A liberal actor who’s been considering running for a while. He’s in his 50s and his name rhymes with  Meorge Mooney
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »

I’ll just go ahead and say who I’m choosing.  He’s a celebrity who has been involved in politics and has even expressed interest in running for President

Fine. A liberal actor who’s been considering running for a while. He’s in his 50s and his name rhymes with  Meorge Mooney

That's better.

George Clooney is an interesting choice
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2018, 03:46:19 PM »

That's better.

George Clooney is an interesting choice
Do you think he will allow it?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2018, 03:59:58 PM »

Its Alec Baldwin
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2018, 04:24:13 PM »

Virginia: Tim Kaine defeats Corey Stewart

Isn't he the vice president?

Yes, though with the map on Page one, you'd think Clinton had picked Warren or something.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »

So can I post my announcement speech or what? I mean HCP hasn’t been on In a while sooo
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2018, 10:36:34 PM »

Virginia: Tim Kaine defeats Corey Stewart

Isn't he the vice president?

You are correct; I'll rectify the mistake. Bobby Scott was appointment in Kaine's stead.

Hes not gonna answer. He won’t answer. I’m finna keep messaging him

Had you sent me a PM with any actual content, I may have been inclined to respond, but you instead sent me several empty messages in the span of several minutes, including "Hey" three times. Perhaps I would have been tempted to accept George Clooney as a candidate, but right now I am rather hesitant.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2018, 11:41:10 PM »

As interested as I am in this scenario, I worry about involving myself in two 2020 campaigns. I hope to participate in one that maintains some steam, rather than starting several. If the other fizzles or we show some proof that we can juggle two, I’ll jump in.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2018, 03:45:16 PM »

May I please play as George Clooney?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2018, 07:17:43 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2018, 07:27:26 AM by JacksonHitchcock »

Kaine 2020

"The Dream Renewed"

Announcement Speech
Des Moines, Iowa Attendance 500 (Reporters & Supporters)

4 years ago, I was this parties nominee for Vice President of the United States of America. President Clinton was a trailblazer and I would say one of the best Presidents of our time, She not only fought for  a new progressive track in America, but she succeeded in bringing a new dawn to the American Dream. I will be running to continue the President's work and expanding the Democratic Ideals this nation holds so dear, but I will not rest until we have fought for Progressive change in this nation, 4 years I was a Senator from the great state of Virginia, but now I am the Vice President of the United States. If elected as our parties nominee and then as President of this great nation I will act with Strong Leadership and even Stronger integrity.

We've been making progress these last few years, with Medicare For All and a Carbon Tax being put in the books, I believe that we should fight for Lower Taxes on those who pay the most the poorest Americans. I believe that we should avoid hatred and bigotry like we have seen with demagogues in our past, but we should brandish a new light on the poorest Americans a light that we haven't yet seem because of the lack of an investigation, I am pledging to raise the minimum wage, fight income inequality, protect Medicare for All, and not take Corporate PAC Money.

I believe we should all join together under this nation that is America, and believe that without Liberty there is Oppression and without Freedom there is Authoritarianism and without Democracy there is no Voice of the People. I am running to be the next President of the United States of America on the message of RENEWING THE AMERICAN DREAM! I am a Politician by the people and for the people, I will strength the FEC and I will appoint judges to the supreme court not based on Partisan Analysis or Judicial Activism but based on experience and prior rulings, I will not ever give a judge a litmus test and that is something I will promise you.

Now, It's August so Im getting a little warn I'll make this quick, I don't want to lead this nation alone. I want to lead this nation with people who know what there is to know about things like Global Warming, Defense, and Immigration. I think of myself as a pretty smart guy, but I dont know everything I will appoint a cabinet of people with a wide variety of ideas and knowledges our goal will to be to make America a place where the Dream that our ancestors thought of when they came here attainable whether that was last week or 200 years ago that dream has stayed the same to have Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. 

*a document is given to the reporters attending*

• Defending Medicare for All
  • Expanding Social Security
  • A constitutional amendment overturning Citizens United v. The FEC  
  • Lessening US dependence on Foreign Oil and Fossil Fuels in general
  • Repealing the Taft-Hartley Act which has crippled this nations Unions for too Long  
  • Restricting the efforts of Lobbyists and making it a 10 year ban for Former Congressmen to become lobbyists.  

These are 6 of 16 points which the Vice President will be basing his campaign around.

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 07:52:05 AM »

Kaine 2020

"The Dream Renewed"

Announcement Speech
Des Moines, Iowa Attendance 500 (Reporters & Supporters)

4 years ago, I was this parties nominee for Vice President of the United States of America. President Clinton was a trailblazer and I would say one of the best Presidents of our time, She not only fought for  a new progressive track in America, but she succeeded in bringing a new dawn to the American Dream. I will be running to continue the President's work and expanding the Democratic Ideals this nation holds so dear, but I will not rest until we have fought for Progressive change in this nation, 4 years I was a Senator from the great state of Virginia, but now I am the Vice President of the United States. If elected as our parties nominee and then as President of this great nation I will act with Strong Leadership and even Stronger integrity.

We've been making progress these last few years, with Medicare For All and a Carbon Tax being put in the books, I believe that we should fight for Lower Taxes on those who pay the most the poorest Americans. I believe that we should avoid hatred and bigotry like we have seen with demagogues in our past, but we should brandish a new light on the poorest Americans a light that we haven't yet seem because of the lack of an investigation, I am pledging to raise the minimum wage, fight income inequality, protect Medicare for All, and not take Corporate PAC Money.

I believe we should all join together under this nation that is America, and believe that without Liberty there is Oppression and without Freedom there is Authoritarianism and without Democracy there is no Voice of the People. I am running to be the next President of the United States of America on the message of RENEWING THE AMERICAN DREAM! I am a Politician by the people and for the people, I will strength the FEC and I will appoint judges to the supreme court not based on Partisan Analysis or Judicial Activism but based on experience and prior rulings, I will not ever give a judge a litmus test and that is something I will promise you.

Now, It's August so Im getting a little warn I'll make this quick, I don't want to lead this nation alone. I want to lead this nation with people who know what there is to know about things like Global Warming, Defense, and Immigration. I think of myself as a pretty smart guy, but I dont know everything I will appoint a cabinet of people with a wide variety of ideas and knowledges our goal will to be to make America a place where the Dream that our ancestors thought of when they came here attainable whether that was last week or 200 years ago that dream has stayed the same to have Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. 

*a document is given to the reporters attending*

• Defending Medicare for All
  • Expanding Social Security
  • A constitutional amendment overturning Citizens United v. The FEC  
  • Lessening US dependence on Foreign Oil and Fossil Fuels in general
  • Repealing the Taft-Hartley Act which has crippled this nations Unions for too Long  
  • Restricting the efforts of Lobbyists and making it a 10 year ban for Former Congressmen to become lobbyists.  

These are 6 of 16 points which the Vice President will be basing his campaign around.

Tell me why Tim Kaine always looks creepy
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2018, 08:10:47 AM »

He was pretty handsome when he was young.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2018, 08:22:39 AM »

He was pretty handsome when he was young.

I think that can be said for everybody
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »

Hogan For America

Change America

Hogan Announcement Speech
Baltimore, Maryland Attendence 700 (Supporters, Staff and Press)

You must be logged in to read this quote.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2018, 12:33:30 PM »

CLOONEY FOR AMERICA 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT
Attendance: 600

“Hello America! How is everyone? I’m here today to make a huge announcement. For the past four years, this country has made tremendous progress under President Clinton. She may be one of the best presidents of our time. Today I am here, to tell you that we will keep the progress going. We will continue to be stronger together. Today I am announcing in front of all of you, I am running for President. You look at the Republican side, and realize they haven’t won an election since 2004. They have some weak people running. I’m running for change. To be a president, much like Hillary, who will represent every single American
*crowd cheers*
Thank you! Thank you! We are going to make this country a safer place. President Clinton made lots of progress, but we aren’t done yet. We still have things that we need to fix. As Bill Clinton said ‘There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be fixed with what is right with America’. President Clinton was right. If we all band together and have the True American spirit, we will be able to achieve this goal. We are all the same inside. We all need represented! Thank you! Have a nice day!”

*crowd applauds*
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2018, 06:18:41 PM by New Tennessean Politician »

HASLAM FOR AMERICA

RESTORE CHARACTER IN POLITICS

Haslam Announcement Speech

Nashville, Tennessee

Attendance: 1500 (Staff, Press, and Supporters)

"Thank you all for coming.

In 2010, you in Tennessee gave me, back then the 8 year Mayor of Knoxville, the chance to be your Governor. Since then, I have served the state dutifully. For eight years, we have ended the horrible job economy that we suffered under Governor Bredesen whom, while I do respect as a man, did some rather awful policies. In just 8 years, I was able to turn those policies around and employ thousands of people and get the jobs back in Tennessee, manufacturing jobs, jobs that Former President Obama said wouldn't come back. For the last 8 years, I have proven Conservative Policies, with the right touch, can be implemented handedly and effectively by someone who knows what they are doing. For the last 12 years, the Democrats have fought the Republicans tooth and nail and try to slander them as evil monsters from Children's Bed Time Stories. I make no mistake, Republicans have done this as well. I had a tipping point though. That Tipping point is what President Clinton did at the tail end of 2018. That is something I would call unjust and incredibly deceitful and wrong for the President to do. Today, I am running to bring Character back into politics. To end all Negative attacks just for Political Gain. It's time that America as a Nation heals and unites as one. I promise that, unless absolutely necessary, I will run no Negative Campaign Ads on my Opponent. You can win without being Negative and by doing that, it will so that this will be the true way to change Politics. If I become President, then I will work my hardest to continue to do just that and sign what is best for the Nation as a whole. Character Matters in our leaders and that's why I'm running. Let's end Divisive Partisan Politics and work for those who elect us.

I hope to see all of those here tonight and all of those watching at home on the Campaign trail!
"

Following the announcement, www. HaslamforAmerica .com was launched in an effort to reach the online community and a greater base of operations.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »

Hey, you guys know that attendance is a non-factor, right Tongue
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2018, 03:39:42 PM »

Yes I just wanted to see if anyone was gonna copy me
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »

Yes I just wanted to see if anyone was gonna copy me

lol
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2018, 09:02:20 PM »

I'm hoping we can get some more people, for both parties and perhaps an independent, Libertarian, or Green, although those could join later on.
x-Guy
Rookie

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2018, 11:15:25 PM »

SHAPIRO 2020
"The American Promise!"
Ben Shapiro's announcement speech
Los Angeles, California

"Hello everyone! I am so glad so many of my supporters over the years have gathered here today for this special occasion! I would first like to take this opportunity to reflect on my history and what I have been able to do during my time on earth."

"Now many of you who are here today or are watching this at home have known who I am because of my outspoken opinions as a conservative. Ever since the young age of 17 I have always been involved with the policies that have taken place within our country. I started my time within the realm of politics writing article to article about the various hot button issues that mattered to Americans and unlike many career politicians I have never been afraid to be honest to the American people about my values, my ideas, and my policies even if they disagreed with me! Later on I went on to be an established author continuing to share my views with the vast majority of Americans. Then I  decided to start a company called the Daily Wire where I became a voice for commentary on some of the biggest issues happening in America through my podcast. While it is true that I have never held political office I can say with confidence that I have led a career of studying policy and being educated on the issues that truly matter to those within our nation. The issues of healthcare, jobs, and taxes are the vital issues that affect everyday Americans! Not only are these the issues that Americans are concerned with but they are the issues where they deserve real solutions for! You don't have to be a governor, a senator, or a representative to understand the issues that common Americans face everday!"

"We all know that with every election comes the opportunity for America to choose it's leader. Throughout the history of this great nation there has been a pattern of Americans wanting to see new faces and new leadership to lead us to a better future than we could have imagined and to pursue some of the biggest accomplishments that we could make together! Its time America is offered a choice this election! I believe that what we need most in this election is an honest man in the oval office! A man who isn't afraid to take bold positions and create change that is needed! A man who has nothing to hide and will do everything he can to make sure that Americans across the nation can have the opportunities to succeed in this economy and in this country!"

"Today I have made my decision. My name is Ben Shaprio and I am running for President of the United States!"

"With all of that being said our goal during the republican primaries and in the general is clear. What we want to accomplish most of all is an American promise! A promise that our children and their children's children can succeed in a competitive economy! A promise that a more competitive healthcare system in the United States can offer more growth for caring opportunities for Americans! A promise that public officials and public servants will be held accountable by the people! In the coming weeks will make our case to the masses and we will work for the support of the American people! God bless you! & god bless this nation!"

(After the announcement Shapiro's speech was uploaded to all major social media sites, the daily wire, and youtube. campaign merch and flyers were given to supporters and any reporters outlining some of the points of the American Promise!
  • The creation and preservation of a comprehensive competitive healthcare system.
  • The creation of new laws to hold elected officials accountable within the range of the constitution.
  • Lowering the corporate tax rate in order for the continuation of job growth of the American economy.
  • The passing of an across the board tax cut similar to the JFK tax cuts for an increase of revenue for the federal government in order to handle our national debt more efficiently in the future.
  • Create cuts towards unneeded federal spending within government programs.
  • Slash unnecessary regulations that stifle small businesses and the growth of the American economy.
  • The creation of laws for the protection of religious freedom within the range of the constitution.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2018, 05:26:21 AM »

Shapiro looks like an angry 12 year old
adamevans
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2018, 04:17:23 PM »

Can I take a shot with Sherrod Brown?
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2018, 04:48:31 PM »

Can I take a shot with Sherrod Brown?

Certainly.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2018, 07:04:31 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2018, 07:07:42 PM by Jaguar4life »

I want to change my character actually. I actually wanted to be the Bruce Willis for the Republicans.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies