US Army Discharging Immigrant Recruits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 11:02:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US Army Discharging Immigrant Recruits
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: US Army Discharging Immigrant Recruits  (Read 1443 times)
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 07:07:07 PM »

they choose to not understand, makes it easier for them to #resist

I wish there was a like button.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 07:40:06 PM »

Does Trump want to make it easier for the Russkies to oppose us?

Probably, but in this case that's just a nice (from his viewpoint) side effect.

Well, these are two idiotic quotes.  

Let's use logic for once, shall we?

In order for a non-citizen to enlist, they HAVE to go through thorough background checks. If something doesn’t check out, or they can’t be properly vetted, then they can’t serve.  Makes sense, right?  These are just new recruits. They are not soldiers, and haven’t gone to basic training yet. All they did was sign a piece of paper and took the oath. All of that stuff hinges on all their paperwork and background info being okay.  You, if you read the AP article, note that some of the recruits mentioned were from Iran and Pakistan, right?  They aren't exactly the most friendly nations to the US  So background checks are necessary.  Besides, these people are being TRAINED TO KILL PEOPLE WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS AND GRENADES.  

Try to think before posting next time, yeah?

I should quote the above in the irony mine.

There's no indication that the previous level of background checks was insufficient, nor are the extra checks being required of just persons from hostile countries. Moreover, it's clear from the way the extra checks are being implemented that the motivation is not national security, but Trump's xenophobia.

You can do or think whatever you want.  I don't care. 

However, instead of thinking with your heart, why don't you think with your brain?  It might do you some good.

Clearly you don't care. But in your mechanical brain I would hope you would see the waste of refusing desperately needed talent solely because of paranoia. Do you seriously think a Dominiquais nurse or a Brazilian recruit who has been here since age 12 are going to jihadi infiltrators? Or is it just a convenient cover for your xenophobia? It's clear that fearful Donald is using this as cover. Given the unmet need for qualified recruits that the military has, it's absurd to think that if this were about security that the resources wouldn't be made available to do the background checks in a timely fashion.

THE PENTAGON COULD NOT COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS ON THEM.  What part of that is too difficult for you to understand?

THE PENTAGON ISN'T BEING GIVEN THE RESOURCES NEEDED TO COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS ON THEM.  What part of that is too difficult for you to understand? (See, I can engage in pointless yelling too.)

It's sort of like how Trump ordered kids be taken away from parents without making certain that they could be reunited once they left detention. Or for that matter it's like how he's vastly increased asylum detentions while explicitly refusing to increase the number of people who could judge their cases, leaving them in ever lengthening detention as the backlog of cases grows. Time and time again Trump shows  his utter contempt for the sojurner, for the stranger, for the foreigner, or however your Bible chooses to translate "גֵּר".  Thereby he displays that his interest isn't making America great again but making America fearful again.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2018, 08:22:13 PM »

Gee, this ignore button is really handy.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2018, 09:11:34 PM »

I know, but I'm still getting a few chuckles out of you for now.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2018, 09:15:45 PM »

I know, but I'm still getting a few chuckles out of you for now.

I was laughing too.  When the person you're debating puts very little thought into what they write, it's tends to be extremely funny.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2018, 09:27:31 PM »

That last load of ore was just too rich to not put in the irony mine.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies