Sen Lindsey Graham on Roe VS Wade
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:49:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sen Lindsey Graham on Roe VS Wade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sen Lindsey Graham on Roe VS Wade  (Read 1745 times)
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2018, 11:00:54 AM »

https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/lindsey-graham-on-supreme-court-pick-this-is-not-a/article_48fe8b6e-7d34-11e8-8357-c300be57ca96.html

Woah, I thought for sure he would be supportive of a candidate that wanted to end Roe VS Wade.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 11:04:38 AM »

I did not know Graham was pro-choice.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 11:05:01 AM »

Wow good for him. He's not the person I expected to see say this.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 11:10:05 AM »

This is just posturing, of course he'll vote for the nominee.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 11:15:55 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since when? Huh
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 11:20:21 AM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 11:40:21 AM »

Yaas Queen's priorities have always been towards war and imperialism first. I have long suspected apathy towards issues such as this one.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »

Guys, read this more carefully.

"I'm not going to vote for anybody that tells me they're going to decide a case before the facts are presented to them,"

We're all pretending that the justice being nominated won't be solidly against Roe v. Wade based on previous vetting by the Federalist Society because they won't *say* at their nomination they've decided. But everyone knows they have, or else they wouldn't be nominated.

This is 100% kabuki theater and Graham is still anti-abortion.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 11:43:25 AM »

This is a non-news story, since no SCOTUS nominee is going to actually state a position on Roe vs. Wade or any other case while they're in the confirmation process.  SCOTUS nominees always do that.  They always pretend to be open minded on Roe, even if their position is well known based on their history.  Even Mike Lee is now backpedaling on Roe, given that his name has been floated for SCOTUS:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/06/sen-mike-lee-subject-of-first-rumor-about-trump-court-pick.html
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 11:57:13 AM »

Look at every Appeals Crt Nominee Trump appointed and all of them have Gorsuch views.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 01:59:37 PM »

I think Graham is trying to be the new McCain.

A sensible Republican who is loyal to the country and doesn’t just tote the party line.

Not saying that’s an accurate description of him, just what I think he’s trying to be.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 02:10:31 PM »

yeah anyone who knows anything about graham knows this.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 03:14:36 PM »

Graham hates Trump.  Period.  I can't blame him; Trump gave out his private phone number during a press conference on immigration, and he got a slew of angry callers.

I wonder if he's switch to the Democrats  I doubt he'll run for re-election as a Republican.  Graham also has a bit more black support than most Republicans, and he has long advocated the GOP make serous efforts to gain at least SOME black voters as part of those who regularly support Republicans.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2018, 04:09:06 PM by Torie »

Yaas Queen's priorities have always been towards war and imperialism first. I have long suspected apathy towards issues such as this one.

I would avoid using the term "queen" to refer to someone who might be or is or has been referred to as gay, particularly if it is just an off topic jibe. I would not like folks referring to me that way, because I view myself as well, most masculine. In fact, stooping down to such name calling in general I think is rather infra dig, don't you? I will let it go this time (the post was reported), but ask you not to make a habit of it. Thanks.  
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 04:35:10 PM »

"I'm not going to vote for anybody that tells me they're going to decide a case before the facts are presented to them,"

We're all pretending that the justice being nominated won't be solidly against Roe v. Wade based on previous vetting by the Federalist Society because they won't *say* at their nomination they've decided. But everyone knows they have, or else they wouldn't be nominated.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 05:18:48 PM »

Are you under the impression the Federalist Society exists for the purpose of overturning Roe v Wade?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2018, 05:22:22 PM »

Roe is gone, Trump said that Roe is on the chopping block and Barrett is gonna overturn it
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2018, 05:30:37 PM »

I would avoid using the term "queen" to refer to someone who might be or is or has been referred to as gay, particularly if it is just an off topic jibe. I would not like folks referring to me that way, because I view myself as well, most masculine. In fact, stooping down to such name calling in general I think is rather infra dig, don't you? I will let it go this time (the post was reported), but ask you not to make a habit of it. Thanks.  

Not to mention we just got out of a mess about Joy Reid calling Charlie Crist a closet case. It's a bad look on anyone.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2018, 06:27:09 PM »

Death abroad, death at home.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »

mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 06:55:20 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2018, 06:59:21 PM by mvd10 »

Graham hates Trump.  Period.  I can't blame him; Trump gave out his private phone number during a press conference on immigration, and he got a slew of angry callers.

I wonder if he's switch to the Democrats  I doubt he'll run for re-election as a Republican.  Graham also has a bit more black support than most Republicans, and he has long advocated the GOP make serous efforts to gain at least SOME black voters as part of those who regularly support Republicans.

I mean, you really can't blame the guy for hating Trump. Seriously.

But I strongly doubt he will run as a Democrat. Graham is just far too right-wing for that. His brand of conservatism might not be popular in the GOP right now, but people like Flake or Kasich will never be Democrats. These people have spent all of their lives fighting against Democratic policies. Kasich was the right-wing alternative to Bush in 2000 and I believe I've read about rumours of a right-wing Flake primary challenge against McCain in 2004.

Graham definitely is toast in 2020 though. No way he wins reelection lol.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 07:04:54 PM »

Graham hates Trump.  Period.  I can't blame him; Trump gave out his private phone number during a press conference on immigration, and he got a slew of angry callers.

I wonder if he's switch to the Democrats  I doubt he'll run for re-election as a Republican.  Graham also has a bit more black support than most Republicans, and he has long advocated the GOP make serous efforts to gain at least SOME black voters as part of those who regularly support Republicans.

I mean, you really can't blame the guy for hating Trump. Seriously.

But I strongly doubt he will run as a Democrat. Graham is just far too right-wing for that. His brand of conservatism might not be popular in the GOP right now, but people like Flake or Kasich will never be Democrats. These people have spent all of their lives fighting against Democratic policies. Kasich was the right-wing alternative to Bush in 2000 and I believe I've read about rumours of a right-wing Flake primary challenge against McCain in 2004.

Graham definitely is toast in 2020 though. No way he wins reelection lol.

Graham may well be a Kamikaze candidate against Trump in the GOP primary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 07:07:06 PM »

Same Graham that supported the Bill Frist constitutional option on Sam Alito.

SC is a conservative state, he will be replaced by another conservative
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 07:13:18 PM »

Graham hates Trump.  Period.  I can't blame him; Trump gave out his private phone number during a press conference on immigration, and he got a slew of angry callers.

I wonder if he's switch to the Democrats  I doubt he'll run for re-election as a Republican.  Graham also has a bit more black support than most Republicans, and he has long advocated the GOP make serous efforts to gain at least SOME black voters as part of those who regularly support Republicans.

this... is bad #analysis if I've ever seen. Like maybe if you stopped paying attention to Graham before, say, Trump winning the nomination I'd get you. But Graham has been as friendly as an ex-NeverTrumper to Trump as could possibly be.

And Graham throughout his career has always signaled centrist but voted right.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »

Are you under the impression the Federalist Society exists for the purpose of overturning Roe v Wade?

I'm not interested in engaging with disingenuous questions.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies