PA high school under fire from right-wing groups for showing LGBT videos
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:55:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  PA high school under fire from right-wing groups for showing LGBT videos
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA high school under fire from right-wing groups for showing LGBT videos  (Read 684 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:46:00 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-school-showed-lgbtq-anti-bullying-videos-accused-making-heterosexual-student-feel-bullied-223903318.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

First of all, the videos are out there for all to see. One's got 10 million views. No need for lawsuits.

Second of all, while I think this controversy is overblown, even as someone who is LGBT that Buzzfeed video is ridiculous and the school was wrong in showing it.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 10:34:16 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/high-school-showed-lgbtq-anti-bullying-videos-accused-making-heterosexual-student-feel-bullied-223903318.html

First of all, the videos are out there for all to see. One's got 10 million views. No need for lawsuits.

Second of all, while I think this controversy is overblown, even as someone who is LGBT that Buzzfeed video is ridiculous and the school was wrong in showing it.

Anytime right-wingers get pissed about something, it's usually overblown.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 10:55:23 PM »

I think this story sums up the persecution complex among straight white men--not oppressing others, or even mere acknowledgement that other groups that aren't them exist, is somehow oppression of against their own group.

And notice how it's always that one offended person that thinks they should have 100% say over the entire school's policy while claiming liberals are the easily offended snowflakes.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 11:00:08 PM »

I think this story sums up the persecution complex among straight white men--not oppressing others, or even mere acknowledgement that other groups that aren't them exist, is somehow oppression of against their own group.

And notice how it's always that one offended person that thinks they should have 100% say over the entire school's policy while claiming liberals are the easily offended snowflakes.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 01:32:20 AM »

How stupid are the parents of Pennsylvania?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 01:36:14 AM »

Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 04:47:37 AM »

If my kids' school started making them watch Buzzfeed videos without my consent I'd be pissed too.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 08:46:02 PM »

ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 09:06:57 PM »

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 10:09:40 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies