The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:42:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content (search mode)
Thread note
Please do not re-post any posts that you think are likely to be moderated in this thread.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content  (Read 44211 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 27, 2018, 11:08:53 PM »

it's fun looking at 2016 predictions from 2012.

I will give him major credit here, he correctly guessed the D ticket 4 years out.

this is a swing map btw if that wasn't obvious

She might have done that well against Jindal.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 10:30:33 PM »

I generally approved ... 8/10.  It was a semi-rushed (by necessity) episode to set up the next two.  The moment with Sam was top notch and kind of stole the show.  Visually, it was flawless.

Pumped for next week, which interestingly looks like it will contain the start of a battle (from watching the preview).

P.S.  I LOVED the scene at the Last Hearth.  I was worried they would dumb down the White Walkers a bit too much in this rushed final season, and - while I guess they still could - it was refreshing to see them emphasize the spiral symbol right off the bat in the premiere ... it gives me some hope that they will still dive into the mythology of the White Walkers a bit more.  Also, for people who think that the living will win the Battle of Winterfell in Episode 3 and defeat the Night King and then turn their attention toward Cersei in Kings Landing (~50% of the fan base from what I have seen), you are now predicting that the Night King will literally be in TWO episodes and will only see battle action in one ... not buying it.  Our crew is definitely going to have to retreat south.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 04:16:05 PM »

Yeah, he totally won OC bigly in 2016.

Trump is running incredibly strong in Orange County.

Despite losing it in the general election, Trump decisively won the primary there. So, it wasn't the most outrageous of predictions.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 11:53:54 PM »

His launch video demonstrates how similar to Hillary it looks like he's going to run. Only one event/key issue brought up during his video (Charlottesville) and nothing about the economy or things that people are impacted by or care about. He went for Trump's judgment and character rather than his policies and track record. Vague platitudes about America and its people. I don't think he'll win the nomination, but if he does I think he'll lose to Trump.

To be fair, without Trump's botched handling of COVID, Trump likely would have won reelection, and Democrats likely would have gone with someone other than Biden. Obviously, we'll never know for sure, but this post was hardly absurd for April 2019.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 12:29:38 AM »

His launch video demonstrates how similar to Hillary it looks like he's going to run. Only one event/key issue brought up during his video (Charlottesville) and nothing about the economy or things that people are impacted by or care about. He went for Trump's judgment and character rather than his policies and track record. Vague platitudes about America and its people. I don't think he'll win the nomination, but if he does I think he'll lose to Trump.

To be fair, without Trump's botched handling of COVID, Trump likely would have won reelection, and Democrats likely would have gone with someone other than Biden. Obviously, we'll never know for sure, but this post was hardly absurd for April 2019.

Yeah, but to be fairer, this isn't the absurd thread. It's the exquisitely aged content thread, & the content is definitionally "exquisitely aged content" in the obviously sarcastic sense that said phrase was originally invoked in this thread's creation.

I see we don't have a place to compile posts that, in hindsight, were not very prescient. So in the spirit of good fun, I christen this thread for that very purpose.

I don't see how anyone could have predicted a 2020-21 pandemic in April 2019, let alone how it would affect U.S. politics. So one can hardly fault Elections Guy's post for not being prescient unless one is convinced that absent COVID Biden would definitely have won both the nomination and the Presidency.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies