The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 12:25:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content
« previous next »
Thread note
Please do not re-post any posts that you think are likely to be moderated in this thread.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
Author Topic: The Bagel23/X Marks the Spot Cellar of Exquisitely Aged Content  (Read 45178 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: November 19, 2021, 11:58:47 PM »

"But we don't know all the facts! Self-defense though! He was pushed to the ground, surely that's proportional to getting shot at with a rifle!"
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #451 on: November 23, 2021, 11:58:42 PM »

I will go out on a limb and say the polls are stupidly off and Murphy wins by 11 or 12.

Well, he wasn't wrong about polls being stupidly off in NJ...
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #452 on: November 24, 2021, 03:30:32 PM »

If you are going to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse because he claimed self-defense, then you might as well aquit those white men in Georgia who murdered Ahmad Aubrey. They are claiming it was self-defense and he grabbed their gun.

The legal precedent has been set in this country that you can stalk someone with a firearm, even if they have not committed a crime, and if they decide they are threatened and want to take the gun from you, or protect themselves in any way whatsoever then that means you are the victim and not them.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #453 on: November 24, 2021, 03:44:14 PM »

If you are going to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse because he claimed self-defense, then you might as well aquit those white men in Georgia who murdered Ahmad Aubrey. They are claiming it was self-defense and he grabbed their gun.

The legal precedent has been set in this country that you can stalk someone with a firearm, even if they have not committed a crime, and if they decide they are threatened and want to take the gun from you, or protect themselves in any way whatsoever then that means you are the victim and not them.

The only difference is the Georgia inbreds had less competent attorneys and Arbery wasn't involved in a BLM protest at the time.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2021, 03:21:10 PM »

I mean, I can think of tons of other groups that have similar problems with extremists making every sensible member of the group look bad by proxy.

Groups like the Democratic party..

And the Libertarian party.

And the GOP.

But not the Greens.  They actually are all that idiotic.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #455 on: December 04, 2021, 07:24:25 AM »

It was a false-flag operation!...Am I doing this right?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #456 on: December 23, 2021, 07:51:50 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2021, 08:47:57 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

In the thread that was posted in you will find that I retracted my statement and admitted that for once it was a hoax.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2021, 10:04:23 AM »

This entire thread lol: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=270147.0

Like nothing predicted in it was true.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #458 on: December 30, 2021, 05:00:27 PM »

beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #459 on: January 01, 2022, 01:28:34 PM »

I'm not sure about Bordeaux vs McBath as I believe Bordeaux represents virtually all of the new district (does that cancel out McBath's other advantages? who knows).

Newman should beat Casten but it has the potential to go the other way.

Huizenga should beat Upton - I'm surprised Upton is even running. The fact that this is clearly Upton's district doesn't make up for the fact that he is otherwise highly vulnerable.

Levin lives in the district but most of it belongs to Stevens though. Tossup, though I hope Levin wins.

Mary Miller wasn't included; I think she would lose to both Bost and Davis, but I can't call that either..

I didn't include Miller because she hasn't stated in which district she will run yet
Miller is likely to win cause she'll get the Trump endorsement.

Far from guaranteed. Trump doesn't just endorse the most Trumpy candidate and only endorses primary challengers where he feels/is told people have generally done something wrong. Bost certainly isn't one of those people - the two did have an actual relationship iirc.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #460 on: January 26, 2022, 07:57:05 PM »

Breyer's not going to retire. He's going to die on the Court and be replaced by a Republican, just like Ginsburg. Democrats never learn.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #461 on: February 02, 2022, 09:57:38 AM »

Based on their record to date on the court, I'd say that Roberts has so far been slightly more right-wing than Alito. Indeed, of the two, I'd say that Alito has a greater chance of drifting into becoming a moderate.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #462 on: February 03, 2022, 02:59:18 PM »

An ironic post of Joe Republic about Biden's upcoming State of the Union capped at 25 people reminded me of this:

Someone needs to go after this schmuck next debate. I cant believe we're gonna nominate an 80 year old who can't draw 200 people and sucks at debates.

This is our answer to a cult.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #463 on: February 03, 2022, 11:54:47 PM »

An ironic post of Joe Republic about Biden's upcoming State of the Union capped at 25 people reminded me of this:

Someone needs to go after this schmuck next debate. I cant believe we're gonna nominate an 80 year old who can't draw 200 people and sucks at debates.

This is our answer to a cult.

Biden sure did prove them wrong. He's definitely proven to be a vigorous, capable leader, with succinct, eloquent press conferences that captivate and build the public's confidence.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2022, 03:32:53 PM »

If she drops out the Democrats need to force everyone out and endorse Warnock.

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2022, 08:31:58 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2022, 08:43:03 PM by The Democratic Party Left Me »

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.

The DV allegation against Warnock hadn’t been discredited yet iirc and was running a piss poor campaign at the time.  Plus, Lieberman hadn’t imploded.  This was a perfectly reasonable post at the time.  In fact, it was basically the widely held CW.  Warnock was polling in fourth with about 5-7%.  Lieberman was consistently polling about 15%

Anyway, if we’re trolling through that thread:

Ossoff and Warnock are the best choices in their respective primaries and it's not even close. They balance one another out very well.

Outside of their races obviously being different, I don't see this. Both are male candidates based in the Atlanta metro who don't bring actual governing experience to the ticket.

I've made it clear on this forum I think Tomlinson is far and away the better candidate for the regularly scheduled race. It's not because I trivially or superficially like her more.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #466 on: February 16, 2022, 02:46:35 PM »

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.

The DV allegation against Warnock hadn’t been discredited yet iirc and was running a piss poor campaign at the time.  Plus, Lieberman hadn’t imploded.  This was a perfectly reasonable post at the time.  In fact, it was basically the widely held CW.  Warnock was polling in fourth with about 5-7%.  Lieberman was consistently polling about 15%

Anyway, if we’re trolling through that thread:

Ossoff and Warnock are the best choices in their respective primaries and it's not even close. They balance one another out very well.

Outside of their races obviously being different, I don't see this. Both are male candidates based in the Atlanta metro who don't bring actual governing experience to the ticket.

I've made it clear on this forum I think Tomlinson is far and away the better candidate for the regularly scheduled race. It's not because I trivially or superficially like her more.

To be fair, Tomlinson's dumpster fire campaign (and Ossoff's objectively superb one - very different from his 2017 smorgasbord of messaging/targeting strategy that I was expecting to see repeated) thoroughly changed this opinion Smiley
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #467 on: March 07, 2022, 01:25:28 AM »

Going to wager a guess that this was a partisan Democrat from Kentucky who was at least partly picking based on partisanship so:

favorite in ky: floyd

least favorite in ky: boone
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #468 on: April 07, 2022, 11:46:08 AM »

I'm not surprised. I was expecting Brown-Jackson to be nominated from the beginning. And like I said at the beginning of this process, I expect for her to be confirmed on a mostly party-line vote, with only a few crossover Republican votes.

Still think it'll be 48-50 against (Manchin and Simena abstain or find an excuse not to be in Washington during Brown-Jackson's confirmation vote).

And...

I'm not surprised. I was expecting Brown-Jackson to be nominated from the beginning. And like I said at the beginning of this process, I expect for her to be confirmed on a mostly party-line vote, with only a few crossover Republican votes.

Still think it'll be 48-50 against (Manchin and Simena abstain or find an excuse not to be in Washington during Brown-Jackson's confirmation vote).

Why would Manchin and Sinema do this? I still don't understand it, and it would be a humiliation for Biden if that was the outcome.

Because they have decided that humiliating Biden is in their political interests and it’s been their only coherent goal for the past year and change.

I don’t know why this is so hard for people to get.

Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #469 on: April 11, 2022, 03:47:42 PM »

Just pointing out that according to the article, it's just 1 person saying the mandate might return if cases get high enough.

A quick check of the stats shows COVID cases definitely not surging in Pennsylvania or Philadelphia, so maybe we should wait for it to actually happen before getting worked up and regurgitating all of the same posts again.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #470 on: April 11, 2022, 03:57:25 PM »

Telling on myself here a bit since I recommended this post:

"Bronz discovers TikTok" has been my least-favorite story arc so far this season.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #471 on: April 13, 2022, 12:43:55 PM »

Bit up himself. Can't say I've read much he's actually written though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #472 on: May 03, 2022, 10:25:45 PM »

Wow, he couldn't possibly win-

*Looks at demographics*

Hello Rep. Regan.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2022, 11:07:35 PM »

The confidence in which some of you proclaim Conor Lamb is DOA bc YOU don’t like him is hilarious. Every cycle some of y’all say so and so is the spawn of Satan and they win their election or y’all blow smoke up someone’s butt and they lose. Like y’all do not have a crystal ball. LOL. All I can say is I just don’t like Fetterman, I think he’s awkward, boorish, and delusional -I hope the overgrown ogre loses the primary.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #474 on: June 08, 2022, 12:24:49 AM »

Move to 'normalcy' for a few months until cases start going up and his base demands new restrictions.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies