Check out Steve King's official web page!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:17:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Check out Steve King's official web page!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Check out Steve King's official web page!  (Read 2399 times)
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2018, 04:43:40 PM »

Steve King does it again.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 05:11:32 PM »

Steve King is a racist...um I mean "red-blooded American patriot".

What else is new?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 05:55:09 PM »

What else is new?

Albert Einstein has recently been revealed to be racist against Chinese people.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:58:09 PM »

What else is new?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »

What else is new?

Albert Einstein has recently been revealed to be racist against Chinese people.

Look, by today's standards everybody was racist prior to about 1950 or so.

You're guaranteed to have posted something on here that's going to make your great-grandkids cringe 70 years from now for reasons you absolutely cannot fathom.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:18:52 PM »

Illegal immigrants are rapists and criminals. What else is news?

That American citizens are considerably more likely to be rapists and criminals...
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 10:23:35 PM »

What else is new?

No no no. The only real red blooded American patriot is B I G D O N.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 10:59:02 PM »

That American citizens are considerably more likely to be rapists and criminals...
Well of course there are more bad Americans than bad hambres. The populations bigger.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »

Well of course there are more bad Americans than bad hambres. The populations bigger.
Not the math or statistics student, either.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »

I got an 87% on my test today and I'm willing to post a shirtless pic to prove it.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 11:23:19 PM »

I got an 87% on my test today and I'm willing to post a shirtless pic to prove it.

Then prove it, big man. Let’s see who has bigger udders; you or singletxgirl.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 11:02:16 AM »

Then prove it, big man. Let’s see who has bigger udders; you or singletxgirl.
I'm very flat chested but I'll do my best to flex.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 11:43:54 AM »

Steve King, Roy Moore, Joe Arpaio, and B I G D O N are red-blooded 'Murican patriots!
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 12:00:01 PM »

Will Steve King ever retire?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 05:16:38 PM »

Check out this tweet on his account:

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/1007065071493804032
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 06:54:54 PM »

the replies are great.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 07:02:55 PM »

American citizens, as a whole, are not more likely, per capita, to be rapists and criminals.

Illegal aliens who enter our country illegally from Mexico by crashing our porous border are, indeed, more likely to be rapists, human traffickers, drug smugglers, or some kind of criminal, per capita, than the population of American citizens as a whole.  

My sympathy is for the victims of the crimes (and their survivors) perpetrated by the criminals listed on Steve King's web page.  Yes, I know that his list of violent illegal aliens who victimized American citizens and persons on American soil spoils the narrative of "Good People Being Slandered By Xenophobes", but so be it.  And it's fair to say that if Border Security had been what it ought to have been, and if immigration enforcement had been what it ought to have been, those victims would likely be alive and whole today.

Why is it remarkable to believe that a subgroup of folks who are willing to break our immigration laws to enter the US will be, as a group, more lawless and less troublesome American citizens, or legal immigrants?  That's a question that deserves an answer.  Why is it logical to start from the premise that a group of folks who enter the US illegally will be equally as law-abiding as those who are citizens, or those who come here legally?

Indeed, why are these folks coming here illegally?  Is it because they really have nothing useful to offer America, and just want to take from its wealth?  Is it because they have behaved badly in their country of origin and could not make it through the vetting process?  Lots of less-than-wealthy folks legally enter America every year; why is it that THEY could wait, but THESE have to be gate-crashers?

I have more sympathy for the victims of the crimes at the hand of the walking abscesses listed on Steve King's web page than I do for the kids who are being "separated", quite frankly.  (That's not a Steve King endorsement, but his putting this information on his web page is proper; the narrative of illegal aliens as victims needs to be challenged with facts at every turn.)  The kids are being treated well; they are in a tough spot,, but it's their own "parents" that put them there, and the "separation" is to determine if the kids there are truly with their parents, and not with someone other than a parent or relative, including human traffickers.  I'm not in favor of separating an illegal alien from a child once parenthood has been determined, but I'm not in favor of letting these folks freely enter the country while their matter is pending, either.  If I really need to spell that out, then folks here really would lend their credit card to a stranger they met on the subway.

That these folks want better for themselves, and even for their kids, is understandable.  That it's our duty to provide that, irregardless of our immigration laws and the wishes of our own people is quite another matter.  I'll leave it at this:  It is simply not reasonable to believe that the group of people that break our laws to enter our country are, as a group, more lawful and law-abiding than our own citizens.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »

American citizens, as a whole, are not more likely, per capita, to be rapists and criminals.

Illegal aliens who enter our country illegally from Mexico by crashing our porous border are, indeed, more likely to be rapists, human traffickers, drug smugglers, or some kind of criminal, per capita, than the population of American citizens as a whole.  

My sympathy is for the victims of the crimes (and their survivors) perpetrated by the criminals listed on Steve King's web page.  Yes, I know that his list of violent illegal aliens who victimized American citizens and persons on American soil spoils the narrative of "Good People Being Slandered By Xenophobes", but so be it.  And it's fair to say that if Border Security had been what it ought to have been, and if immigration enforcement had been what it ought to have been, those victims would likely be alive and whole today.

Why is it remarkable to believe that a subgroup of folks who are willing to break our immigration laws to enter the US will be, as a group, more lawless and less troublesome American citizens, or legal immigrants?  That's a question that deserves an answer.  Why is it logical to start from the premise that a group of folks who enter the US illegally will be equally as law-abiding as those who are citizens, or those who come here legally?

Indeed, why are these folks coming here illegally?  Is it because they really have nothing useful to offer America, and just want to take from its wealth?  Is it because they have behaved badly in their country of origin and could not make it through the vetting process?  Lots of less-than-wealthy folks legally enter America every year; why is it that THEY could wait, but THESE have to be gate-crashers?

I have more sympathy for the victims of the crimes at the hand of the walking abscesses listed on Steve King's web page than I do for the kids who are being "separated", quite frankly.  (That's not a Steve King endorsement, but his putting this information on his web page is proper; the narrative of illegal aliens as victims needs to be challenged with facts at every turn.)  The kids are being treated well; they are in a tough spot,, but it's their own "parents" that put them there, and the "separation" is to determine if the kids there are truly with their parents, and not with someone other than a parent or relative, including human traffickers.  I'm not in favor of separating an illegal alien from a child once parenthood has been determined, but I'm not in favor of letting these folks freely enter the country while their matter is pending, either.  If I really need to spell that out, then folks here really would lend their credit card to a stranger they met on the subway.

That these folks want better for themselves, and even for their kids, is understandable.  That it's our duty to provide that, irregardless of our immigration laws and the wishes of our own people is quite another matter.  I'll leave it at this:  It is simply not reasonable to believe that the group of people that break our laws to enter our country are, as a group, more lawful and law-abiding than our own citizens.

Italians in the late nineteenth century were much more likely to be, per capita speaking, criminals and members of organized crime. Best we kept them all out, right fuzzy?

Bulsh**t Christian at work
ConservativeCommunist
Rookie
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »

Italians in the late nineteenth century were much more likely to be, per capita speaking, criminals and members of organized crime. Best we kept them all out, right fuzzy?

History repeats itself. There's a certain amount of irony in people who are descended from what where marginalized immigrant groups (not that I'm saying Fuzzy Bear is, I can't know that) being hateful towards modern immigrants. Think of how many Irish or Italian Americans these days want to keep out brown people, and fail to see the irony that they're saying the exact same thing that bigots said about their ancestors just 100 or so years ago. the illogical nature of racism never ceases to amaze me.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 10:02:29 PM »

It's best we enforce our existing immigration laws.  And it's best we not kid ourselves about the danger ILLEGAL immigration poses to America.

It is through ILLEGAL immigration that MS-13 and like groups infiltrate the US and wreck havoc and death.  That's not being overly dramatic; these groups do the business of violent cartels on our soil.  It is the ILLEGAL immigrants that aren't vetted, or were vetted and crashed the border when they flunked the vetting.

It is not unreasonable to view illegal immigrants storming our borders as enemies.  Friends respect the rules of one's house; indeed, friends respect what is mine.  And as for the Sanctuary Cities folks; they're folks that give what is not theirs to give.  Somehow, I don't see where that is a Biblical  principle.  It's easy to be generous on someone else's dime.

It amazes me that folks here minimize the effects of groups like MS-13 (there are more than one) because to do so would lead to the conclusion that Trump has a valid point in all of this.  That's the effect of Trump Derangement Syndrome; if Trump says it, and you agree with even a quarter of it, you'll have Gross Cooties FOR LIFE and be a modern-day leper of sorts.  "UNCLEAN!  UNCLEAN!"  That's what some here want Trump supporters to cry out when they walk their dogs in the morning.  I've never seen anything like it; not Nixon, not Clinton, not Obama has generated this level of irrationality, and while Trump has gone over the top more than once, it's still not cause for the derangement that seems to cause folks to make disagreeing with Trump as fervently as possible the goal of every political discussion.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 10:12:14 PM »

It's best we enforce our existing immigration laws.  And it's best we not kid ourselves about the danger ILLEGAL immigration poses to America.

It is through ILLEGAL immigration that MS-13 and like groups infiltrate the US and wreck havoc and death.  That's not being overly dramatic; these groups do the business of violent cartels on our soil.  It is the ILLEGAL immigrants that aren't vetted, or were vetted and crashed the border when they flunked the vetting.

It is not unreasonable to view illegal immigrants storming our borders as enemies.  Friends respect the rules of one's house; indeed, friends respect what is mine.  And as for the Sanctuary Cities folks; they're folks that give what is not theirs to give.  Somehow, I don't see where that is a Biblical  principle.  It's easy to be generous on someone else's dime.

It amazes me that folks here minimize the effects of groups like MS-13 (there are more than one) because to do so would lead to the conclusion that Trump has a valid point in all of this.  That's the effect of Trump Derangement Syndrome; if Trump says it, and you agree with even a quarter of it, you'll have Gross Cooties FOR LIFE and be a modern-day leper of sorts.  "UNCLEAN!  UNCLEAN!"  That's what some here want Trump supporters to cry out when they walk their dogs in the morning.  I've never seen anything like it; not Nixon, not Clinton, not Obama has generated this level of irrationality, and while Trump has gone over the top more than once, it's still not cause for the derangement that seems to cause folks to make disagreeing with Trump as fervently as possible the goal of every political discussion.

You are projecting. If Obama had said this I would be screaming for his ouster. As would 99% of the people here. Your own derangement is showing.

Come on fuzzy! Shape Up! Underneath that islamophobia and ramp it desire to rationalize supporting Trump to keep a right-wing Supreme Court is an actual honest to goodness Christian in there.

MS-13 are bastards. But to say that more than a minut percentage of central Americans are part of these gangs is like saying most Italian immigrants of yore were mafia members. A widely held belief, but as we know now Adderley a myth. Nothing has changed today.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 10:41:52 PM »

You are projecting. If Obama had said this I would be screaming for his ouster. As would 99% of the people here. Your own derangement is showing.

Come on fuzzy! Shape Up! Underneath that islamophobia and ramp it desire to rationalize supporting Trump to keep a right-wing Supreme Court is an actual honest to goodness Christian in there.

MS-13 are bastards. But to say that more than a minut percentage of central Americans are part of these gangs is like saying most Italian immigrants of yore were mafia members. A widely held belief, but as we know now Adderley a myth. Nothing has changed today.

Whatever number the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst Central Americans, it's a smaller number than the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst all US Immigrants.

Whatever number the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst ALL immigrants to the US, it's a smaller number than the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst ILLEGAL immigrants to the US.

Whatever number the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst ALL ILLEGAL immigrants to the US, it's a smaller number than the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst THOSE ILLEGAL immigrants to the US that entered through our Southern Border, and not by other means.

The Math supports The Wall.  It certainly supports a less lenient policy than we have had over the past several decades.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 10:45:30 PM »

Whatever number the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst Central Americans, it's a smaller number than the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst all US Immigrants.

Whatever number the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst ALL immigrants to the US, it's a smaller number than the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst ILLEGAL immigrants to the US.

Whatever number the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst ALL ILLEGAL immigrants to the US, it's a smaller number than the percentage of MS-13 members is amongst THOSE ILLEGAL immigrants to the US that entered through our Southern Border, and not by other means.

The Math supports The Wall.  It certainly supports a less lenient policy than we have had over the past several decades.
MS-13 was started in 1980 in Los Angeles by AMERICANS of Salvadoran descent.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 01:44:43 AM »

The Republican Minority Leader in the 116th Congress.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2018, 01:48:24 AM »

#AmeriKKKa
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length