Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:55:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 80
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein  (Read 172594 times)
Oliver
Rookie
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: August 20, 2022, 06:14:36 AM »

## Bi-Proportional Seat Allocation in Italy ##

I'm interested how seats are assigned to party lists in multi-member districts.

Is there any form of "bi-proportional apportionment" used in order to give proportional results by party list and by multi-member district?

Are there any papers in English or German (I don't speak any Italian)?

Best,
Oliver
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #1401 on: August 20, 2022, 08:11:11 AM »

Is there any form of "bi-proportional apportionment" used in order to give proportional results by party list and by multi-member district?

Best,
Oliver

i'm not sure to understand, but there is only one proportional one a national level for the chamber and one a regional level for the senate
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #1402 on: August 20, 2022, 08:33:21 AM »

Best,
Oliver

i'm not sure to understand, but there is only one proportional one a national level for the chamber and one a regional level for the senate

I think he means how seats are allocated to parties in each circumscription/pluri-nominal constituency.
So the complicated thing in how the number of seats won by each party based on national share are then allocated to circumscription and then from circumscriptions to pluri-nominal constituencies.

It is biproportional because number of seats of each party is proportional to its total votes but also number of seats of each region/circumscriptions/whatever is more or less proportional to its total votes (Lombardia 1 having 16 seats while Lombardia 4 having 7 seats, etc).
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #1403 on: August 20, 2022, 11:43:07 AM »

Amendola (under-secretary to Draghi, former European Affairs minister for Conte) got La Regina's top spot in Basilicata list. La Regina resigned this morning after some controversial social media posts were highlighted yesterday.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1404 on: August 20, 2022, 03:46:27 PM »

Gonna pick up my polling average even though the amount of polling we're getting right now is really pathetic for being a month before a national election. Only 5 polls conducted within the past week, so take it with a lot of salt. Also the lists still aren't officially finalized, but they might as well be.

PD 23.8%
FdI 23.7%
Lega 13.2%
M5S 11.2%
FI 8.2%
A/IV 5.4%
AVS 3.3%
Italexit 2.3%
+E 2.1%
NM 1.9%
IC 0.8%

Right at 47%, Left at 30%. Lovely stuff all around.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #1405 on: August 22, 2022, 06:29:15 AM »

Gonna pick up my polling average even though the amount of polling we're getting right now is really pathetic for being a month before a national election. Only 5 polls conducted within the past week, so take it with a lot of salt. Also the lists still aren't officially finalized, but they might as well be.

PD 23.8%
FdI 23.7%
Lega 13.2%
M5S 11.2%
FI 8.2%
A/IV 5.4%
AVS 3.3%
Italexit 2.3%
+E 2.1%
NM 1.9%
IC 0.8%

It would be easier to get an overview if you divided the parties into right, left and others rather than just list them all in descending order. I think I'm not the only one who can't remember which side all the small ones are on.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1406 on: August 22, 2022, 06:31:24 AM »

In fairness they struggle to remember themselves often.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1407 on: August 22, 2022, 06:34:38 AM »

PD 23.8%
FdI 23.7%
Lega 13.2%
M5S 11.2%
FI 8.2%
A/IV 5.4%
AVS 3.3%
Italexit 2.3%
+E 2.1%
NM 1.9%
IC 0.8%

It would be easier to get an overview if you divided the parties into right, left and others rather than just list them all in descending order. I think I'm not the only one who can't remember which side all the small ones are on.

I mean that's why I add them up at the end. Tongue But sure, I can do that.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1408 on: August 22, 2022, 06:38:57 AM »

Can someone more knowledgeable than I explain why AVS didn’t support the Draghi government yet are happy to work with PD? Was it not wanting to support a government containing the right?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1409 on: August 22, 2022, 06:42:02 AM »

Can someone more knowledgeable than I explain why AVS didn’t support the Draghi government yet are happy to work with PD? Was it not wanting to support a government containing the right?

Basically? I mean, really, it's not like the Draghi government ever had anything to offer to that side of the political spectrum. It's okay for PD because PD is an ~Institutionalist~ party first and a vaguely center-left-ish party (if you squint) second, but obviously that's not the case with AVS.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1410 on: August 22, 2022, 07:25:54 AM »

Basically? I mean, really, it's not like the Draghi government ever had anything to offer to that side of the political spectrum. It's okay for PD because PD is an ~Institutionalist~ party first and a vaguely center-left-ish party (if you squint) second, but obviously that's not the case with AVS.

l mean let's be fair PD is very clearly centre-left-ish now (even if ish) and Mario Adinolfi, Il Giornale, Renzi fanboys and whoever else is screaming about THE TRANSFORMATION BACK INTO PDS can cope harder... but certainly ~Institutionalism~ is one key thing keeping together that huge jumble, parts of which have rather different priorities from others.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1411 on: August 22, 2022, 07:33:03 AM »

In fairness they struggle to remember themselves often.

Speaking of people who never know which side they are on, the latest from our old friend Clemente Mastella is apparently that he intends to go on a hunger strike if TV shows violate the rules of equal opportunities for all parties. I'm sure this is a principled stand that he would have taken otherwise and not just because his microparty is running alone this time after he was unable to complete a deal with any of the main coalitions.
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #1412 on: August 22, 2022, 12:50:16 PM »

Pizzarotti's outfit will run with Italia Viva.

It has already ended in tears.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1413 on: August 23, 2022, 02:31:36 PM »

This election seems it's going to be awful, I'll do my part to mitigate the losses and vote for the PD. I'm just waiting for the consulate to send me the electoral papers.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1414 on: August 23, 2022, 05:12:54 PM »

Pizzarotti's outfit will run with Italia Viva.

It has already ended in tears.

As a wise man once said: lol, lmao, lol.
MRCVzla
Venezuela

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1415 on: August 24, 2022, 02:11:45 AM »

Extraofficial lists and FPTP candidates of the main 4 blocs and the main CDX (no Lega lists yet) and CSX parties (minus Impegno Civico, but their lists are on their website btw) per YouTrend: https://www.youtrend.it/2022/08/23/elezioni-politiche-2022-tutti-i-candidati-e-le-liste/

Until Monday were also the final day of recolection of signs. Paragone' Italexit, De Magistris' Unione Popolare, Rizzo' Italia Sovrana e Popolare, Adinolfi' Alternativa per l'Italia, Cunial' Vita and another antivaxx list called Forza del Popolo led by a certain Lillo Massimiliano Musso, all are certain to be on the ballot nationwide. In some of the Trento Senate constituencies (only elect FPTP seats), the centre-left and the centrist/liberal third pole will run together in the "Democratic Alliance for the Autonomy".

In Sicily news, Conte brokeup the "large camp" alliance with the PD, so the M5S will also run alone there, with Nuccio Di Paola as their Regional President candidate, Caterina Chinnici remains as the centre-left alliance. This makes some easy the way to a Schifani win, meanwhile the incumbent President Musumeci will run in the Catania Senate constituency.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1416 on: August 24, 2022, 04:29:54 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2022, 04:34:03 AM by Cassius »

l mean let's be fair PD is very clearly centre-left-ish now (even if ish) and Mario Adinolfi, Il Giornale, Renzi fanboys and whoever else is screaming about THE TRANSFORMATION BACK INTO PDS can cope harder... but certainly ~Institutionalism~ is one key thing keeping together that huge jumble, parts of which have rather different priorities from others.

Isn't Letta ex-DC (although I suppose he might have been on the left-wing)?

Edit: Hilarious but fitting that a tiny micro-party styling itself as the successor to the PSI is running as a satellite of Berlusconi's party.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1417 on: August 24, 2022, 04:46:46 AM »

Yes. Though, I mean, you only need to look at him to know that haha.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1418 on: August 24, 2022, 05:48:31 AM »

Yes, but it doesn't matter much [or at any rate, less than allying with AVS, his personal feud with Renzi, the general direction of the party and so on]. It does make this even more hilarious though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1419 on: August 24, 2022, 10:04:47 AM »

Yes, but it doesn't matter much [or at any rate, less than allying with AVS, his personal feud with Renzi, the general direction of the party and so on]. It does make this even more hilarious though.

Yeah, these days the old "ex DC vs ex PCI" divide doesn't really explain PD factional politics that well. There are tons of ex-PCI types who have turned into shameless neolibs, and even a few ex-DC who are pretty left-wing (like Rosy Bindi back in her days).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1420 on: August 24, 2022, 10:35:36 AM »

Yeah, these days the old "ex DC vs ex PCI" divide doesn't really explain PD factional politics that well. There are tons of ex-PCI types who have turned into shameless neolibs, and even a few ex-DC who are pretty left-wing (like Rosy Bindi back in her days).

It remains interesting and telling for other reasons but absolutely does not predict policy preferences or personal relations, yes.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1421 on: August 24, 2022, 12:36:55 PM »

Rosy Bindi is a girlboss and we need more politicians like her... turboleftist Tuscan DC [RIP PBUH La Pira] fighting the long defeat imo.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1422 on: August 24, 2022, 12:49:08 PM »

It remains interesting and telling for other reasons but absolutely does not predict policy preferences or personal relations, yes.

It predicts a depressing amount of bullsh**t factional thinking however. Economic turboliberals calling each other comrades... is central Emilia just the Dąbrowa Basin with ravioli instead of pierogi? many people are saying this.
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« Reply #1423 on: August 24, 2022, 12:55:01 PM »

It predicts a depressing amount of bullsh**t factional thinking however. Economic turboliberals calling each other comrades... is central Emilia just the Dąbrowa Basin with ravioli instead of pierogi? many people are saying this.
I think the levels of casual clientelism ouroboros practiced by your typical Dąbrowa Basin SLD (sorry, NOWA LEWICA) apparatchik may put even Sicilian politicians to shame sometimes, but basically yes.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1424 on: August 24, 2022, 01:03:17 PM »

I think the levels of casual clientelism ouroboros practiced by your typical Dąbrowa Basin SLD (sorry, NOWA LEWICA) apparatchik may put even Sicilian politicians to shame sometimes, but basically yes.

Ah, but consider: did any Dąbrowa Basin party apparatchik ever do something as egregious as the Sack of Palermo [obligatory Al bait after the you bait of my previous post]?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies