Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:59:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 80
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2022 - Our Time to Schlein  (Read 172723 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: February 04, 2021, 10:30:50 PM »
« edited: February 04, 2021, 10:34:57 PM by brucejoel99 »

Vote for Draghi for PD&M5SS will be a huge error, to the next election Salvini and Meloni will take 60% without FI; a this point try to do a Conte ter government w/o IV go to Senate if not get the confidence go to elections

Having elections right now would genuinely be really bad for Italy. For economic reasons, and also because the electoral law is absolute trash and needs to be made more proportional.

Get the EU money, vaccinate people, start getting the economy out of the ditch, and enact a proportional system. If we get to January 2022, give us the added bonus of another left-leaning President. Then we can go to vote.

Have elections in June then

A Draghi government would presumably seek to do all of those things over the course of ~a year (as opposed to <4 months) so that they can actually be implemented in a competent manner.

Not to mention, in the event of a hypothetical June election being held & resulting in a hung parliament, Mattarella wouldn't be constitutionally able to call a 2nd election were one needed to resolve the deadlock, as Parliament can't be dissolved within the last 6 months of a presidential term.
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #751 on: February 05, 2021, 07:54:18 AM »

Hung parliament, nah, right coalition win
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #752 on: February 05, 2021, 11:38:25 AM »

This government crisis is sponsored by: George R. R. Martin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Dance_with_Dragons

For whomever doesn't get it, draghi means dragons in Italian

More seriously, this is how the dance of the parties looks right now:

- LeU won't participate if Lega is included
- M5S is having some internal conflicts and it isn't clear what exactly they are proposing (although they'll likely get in)
- PD has expressed confidence
- IV is literally idolizing Draghi
- FI looks like they'll get in
- Lega is wishy-washy and Salvini has said he would like a government including everyone
- FdI won't participate in any case
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #753 on: February 05, 2021, 12:10:16 PM »

Hung parliament, nah, right coalition win

Didn't say it would be a hung parliament, but that it could be a hung parliament (& it very well could, because who knows what could happen over the course of a campaign?), & it's that fact which renders an election as late as June pretty irresponsible since a follow-up election could very well be necessary yet not holdable 'til ~Apr. 2022.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #754 on: February 05, 2021, 03:14:35 PM »

My memory is fuzzy: before last election a small crew of old school (i.e. crooked) politicians like Bersani, D'Alema (and maybe Letta?) split away from PD, i recall. Where did they end up going?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #755 on: February 05, 2021, 03:41:34 PM »

My memory is fuzzy: before last election a small crew of old school (i.e. crooked) politicians like Bersani, D'Alema (and maybe Letta?) split away from PD, i recall. Where did they end up going?

Imagine calling Bersani crooked when the context of his split is Renzi.

Enrico Letta left PD in an unrelated way in 2015 and got back in 2019.
Bersani and D'Alema among others left in 2017 and founded a party called Articolo Uno. It was part of the Liberi e Uguali coalition in the last parliamentary election and now Bersani sits in the LeU parliamentary group. The party ran a couple candidates in the PD lists at the European election. Its future status is unclear.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #756 on: February 05, 2021, 05:02:48 PM »
« Edited: February 05, 2021, 05:06:10 PM by Estrella »

Courtesy of r/italy: Lega posters from the 1990s

"further from Rome, closer to Europe" ijfknskjsdfsfdn

"partisan conscience" aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #757 on: February 05, 2021, 05:15:13 PM »

"Le Pen [father] is fascist like the parties of Rome" lmaoooooooooooooo

Also the poster in the upper right quadrant is the nakedest dog-whistle about terroni I have ever seen in my life.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #758 on: February 05, 2021, 06:32:51 PM »

Touche; i probably meant more "fossil generation".
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #759 on: February 05, 2021, 06:36:34 PM »

Touche; i probably meant more "fossil generation".

Oh well. I think the best word here is rottamati, if you get what I mean.
Cortarán todas las flores, pero jamás detendrán la primavera
philormus
Rookie
Argentina
« Reply #760 on: February 05, 2021, 10:05:24 PM »

Any news on the government formation?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #761 on: February 06, 2021, 06:00:52 AM »

#quellavoltacheDraghi ("that time Draghi...") is the new Thing on Italian Twitter.

Among my favourites:
- That time Draghi got a different result from his electronic calculator, and the calculator corrected itself and apologized
- That time Draghi was contacted by a call center and he convinced the call center operator to change bank
- That time Draghi was 5 years old but actually he was already 8 thanks to the interest rates

Then of course every joke about the fact that euro bills printed between 2011 and 2019 have a good Draghi signature on them.

And my favourite of all:
- That time Draghi defeated Saint George lmaooooo
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #762 on: February 06, 2021, 07:46:33 AM »

Also the poster in the upper right quadrant is the nakedest dog-whistle about terroni I have ever seen in my life.

Given that, I wonder what would the Lega founders think about being now an anti-EU party allied with Le Pen [daughter] Tongue

In fact, how is Bossi seen nowadays by the Lega and their supporters?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: February 06, 2021, 08:03:11 AM »

Given that, I wonder what would the Lega founders think about being now an anti-EU party allied with Le Pen [daughter] Tongue

It is not very clear because Bossi is irrelevant now and no one talks about him much, but generally speaking the more "old guard" an official or a voter is and the more likely they are to view Bossi positively.
There exists an internal faction of Lega that dislikes Salvini and in general the new Southern-inclusive #populist nationalism, and preferred Bossi, but they are very much on the sidelines.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #764 on: February 06, 2021, 09:17:13 AM »

It is not very clear because Bossi is irrelevant now and no one talks about him much, but generally speaking the more "old guard" an official or a voter is and the more likely they are to view Bossi positively.
There exists an internal faction of Lega that dislikes Salvini and in general the new Southern-inclusive #populist nationalism, and preferred Bossi, but they are very much on the sidelines.
Didn’t salvini said he was willing to support the government if they possible a spring election?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #765 on: February 06, 2021, 09:25:45 AM »

Didn’t salvini said he was willing to support the government if they possible a spring election?

Salvini has just said he is open to support the government and has specifically said "we didn't put any conditions" on Draghi, but I don't see in which way this relates to Bossi whatsoever.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #766 on: February 06, 2021, 08:59:33 PM »

#quellavoltacheDraghi ("that time Draghi...") is the new Thing on Italian Twitter.

Among my favourites:
- That time Draghi got a different result from his electronic calculator, and the calculator corrected itself and apologized
- That time Draghi was contacted by a call center and he convinced the call center operator to change bank
- That time Draghi was 5 years old but actually he was already 8 thanks to the interest rates

Then of course every joke about the fact that euro bills printed between 2011 and 2019 have a good Draghi signature on them.

And my favourite of all:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AMAZING Cheesy
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #767 on: February 07, 2021, 04:05:26 AM »

Among my favourites:

And my favourite of all:

AMAZING Cheesy

PLEASE
PLEASE
I have just realized how to upgrade the best one, I can't believe it:

Government formation without FdI? That time Draghi defeated Saint Giorgia. Cheesy
Flyersfan232

« Reply #768 on: February 07, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »

Could somebody please give a overview of how the electoral law works at the moment?

What exactly does it mean that Lega and FI are in coalition?  Do you vote for the CDX or for individual parties within the coalition?  How do coalitions work in single member seats?

I think I recall that Sardinian Action ran with Lega at the last election.  However they aren't part of the CDX per se?  How does that work?

Likewise Raffaele Fitto had his own party (Direction which had ties to the Tories) which was inside NcI which in turn was part of the CDX.  What was going on there?

Sorry - a lot of questions about the complex law!

Using the current electoral law:

1. You vote for a single list, and the vote is also transferred to the single-member constituency candidate put up by that list. Parties can form coalitions, which means that they all stand behind the same candidate in each constituency (though that candidate is officially affiliated to one of the lists that support him - or is an independent).

2. The Partito Sardo d'Azione (party) didn't run as an autonomous list in 2018, but ran some candidates inside the Lega lists. Lega in turn was one of the four lists inside the CDX coalition.

3. Likewise Fitto's party ran candidates inside the Noi con l'Italia lists. And NcI was one of the four lists inside the CDX coalition too.
have the centerists party considering forming a liberal bloc?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #769 on: February 07, 2021, 02:41:32 PM »

Could somebody please give a overview of how the electoral law works at the moment?

What exactly does it mean that Lega and FI are in coalition?  Do you vote for the CDX or for individual parties within the coalition?  How do coalitions work in single member seats?

I think I recall that Sardinian Action ran with Lega at the last election.  However they aren't part of the CDX per se?  How does that work?

Likewise Raffaele Fitto had his own party (Direction which had ties to the Tories) which was inside NcI which in turn was part of the CDX.  What was going on there?

1. You vote for a single list, and the vote is also transferred to the single-member constituency candidate put up by that list. Parties can form coalitions, which means that they all stand behind the same candidate in each constituency (though that candidate is officially affiliated to one of the lists that support him - or is an independent).

2. The Partito Sardo d'Azione (party) didn't run as an autonomous list in 2018, but ran some candidates inside the Lega lists. Lega in turn was one of the four lists inside the CDX coalition.

3. Likewise Fitto's party ran candidates inside the Noi con l'Italia lists. And NcI was one of the four lists inside the CDX coalition too.

Unsure what parties you are referring to, but right now I don't think there is any centrist/liberal coalition on the horizon. Certainly not within the current parties.
Also, I think the experience of Monti in 2013 doesn't bode well for this sort of thing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #770 on: February 07, 2021, 02:53:02 PM »

Among my favourites:

And my favourite of all:

AMAZING Cheesy

PLEASE
PLEASE
I have just realized how to upgrade the best one, I can't believe it:

Government formation without FdI? That time Draghi defeated Saint Giorgia. Cheesy

Cool Cool Cool
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #771 on: February 07, 2021, 05:35:05 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2021, 06:11:28 PM by bore »

Courtesy of r/italy: Lega posters from the 1990s

"further from Rome, closer to Europe" ijfknskjsdfsfdn

"partisan conscience" aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I love how the bottom right one has the exact same cadence as "Works on contingency? No, money down!"
Flyersfan232

« Reply #772 on: February 07, 2021, 08:40:03 PM »

Unsure what parties you are referring to, but right now I don't think there is any centrist/liberal coalition on the horizon. Certainly not within the current parties.
Also, I think the experience of Monti in 2013 doesn't bode well for this sort of thing.
Iv e+ azonia
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #773 on: February 08, 2021, 07:01:51 AM »

Just thinking this morning what I'd do if I was an Italian leftist. Probably kill myself rather than face the kafkaesque trap they're in of a choice between permanent deflationary politics tied to dead hand Bundesbankers or an incredibly painful economic transition out of the Eurozone that would probably require alliance with literal fascists.

I suppose the current strategy of praying that a pro-fiscal expansion coalition manages to take over Europe has some merit given the other options, but Christ...
Diouf
Denmark
« Reply #774 on: February 08, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »

M5S members will have an online vote on whether the party should support Draghi. It will take place from 10 January 13.00 to 11 January 13.00.
ANSA writes that most of the party heavyweights have come out in favour of supporting Draghi.

https://www.ansa.it/english/news/2021/02/08/m5s-to-vote-on-draghi-on-feb-10-11_5f28e69e-c087-42ad-bccb-0de48c67ade2.html
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies