What is this?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 03:32:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is this?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 1851 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 09:27:14 AM »

The modern-day pharisees in action in the Republican party and all over this thread.
The Pharisees are the money changers who want to flood this country with cheap exploitated labor to better their bottom line.

Which is what E-Verify is for, which of course the companies that benefit from said exploited undocumented labor have no interest in seeing enforced in any meaningful capacity.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2018, 10:13:27 AM »

The modern-day pharisees in action in the Republican party and all over this thread.
The Pharisees are the money changers who want to flood this country with cheap exploitated labor to better their bottom line.

Which is what E-Verify is for, which of course the companies that benefit from said exploited undocumented labor have no interest in seeing enforced in any meaningful capacity.
And the House conservatives are set to remedy that.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 10:33:26 AM »

To the OP: this is how the tangerine tyrant attempts to appeal to the voters' economic anxieties.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2018, 11:20:02 AM »

I’m open to any proposal that has E-Verify with teeth, protects DACA recipients and overhauls the green card allocation “process”
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2018, 11:46:41 PM »

So just exactly what do we do to deter foreigners from attempting to enter our country illegally?

Just exactly what do we do to deter foreigners from staying past the point where their visas expire and they have to leave the US?

I don't agree with separating children from parents if the illegal entry is not a crime.  But it IS a crime for a previously deported alien to illegally enter the US after being deported and removed.  The drug addict who commits a grand theft stealing your identity and your money from the skimmer they installed in their workplace at the fast food restaurant you pick up your Double Greaser with Fries and Diet Coke every day will be separated from his/her children when they go to jail. 

No, Trump should not continue this policy.  But the red avatars that would perform partial birth abortion on an 8 month fetus (or be OK with someone who did) don't move me with their version of "the children" argument.  They don't care about kids; they care about discrediting Trump.

So while I say, "Stop this policy immediately!", I am going to ask what needs to be done to resolve the problem of preventing and deterring illegal immigration and what needs to be done to remove illegal immigrants residing here from our country?

Please read the Bible again. You truly need a refresher course.
You’re a lawyer.

And a Christian. Your "point"?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 09:18:09 AM »

So just exactly what do we do to deter foreigners from attempting to enter our country illegally?

Just exactly what do we do to deter foreigners from staying past the point where their visas expire and they have to leave the US?

I don't agree with separating children from parents if the illegal entry is not a crime.  But it IS a crime for a previously deported alien to illegally enter the US after being deported and removed.  The drug addict who commits a grand theft stealing your identity and your money from the skimmer they installed in their workplace at the fast food restaurant you pick up your Double Greaser with Fries and Diet Coke every day will be separated from his/her children when they go to jail. 

No, Trump should not continue this policy.  But the red avatars that would perform partial birth abortion on an 8 month fetus (or be OK with someone who did) don't move me with their version of "the children" argument.  They don't care about kids; they care about discrediting Trump.

So while I say, "Stop this policy immediately!", I am going to ask what needs to be done to resolve the problem of preventing and deterring illegal immigration and what needs to be done to remove illegal immigrants residing here from our country?

Please read the Bible again. You truly need a refresher course.
You’re a lawyer.

And a Christian. Your "point"?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-I-brkOUUl0
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 11:24:18 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2018, 11:27:30 AM by HillGoose »

Tell me though, do you really not think these pro-labor and protectionist policies you're supporting will lead to a real life version of "Atlas Shrugged" here in America?

What makes you think corporations will keep money or jobs in America if our government is making it difficult for them to improve their bottom line or do business globally?

Also, I wouldn't invest money in a corporation that has difficulty making as much profit as possible because the American government believes in pro-labor and protectionist policies. It would make it seem less risky to invest in China or other emerging markets.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 11:30:37 AM »

Tell me though, do you really not think these pro-labor and protectionist policies you're supporting will lead to a real life version of "Atlas Shrugged" here in America?

What makes you think corporations will keep money or jobs in America if our government is making it difficult for them to improve their bottom line or do business globally?

Also, I wouldn't invest money in a corporation that has difficulty making as much profit as possible because the American government believes in pro-labor and protectionist policies.
Who the hell wants "Atlas Shrugged" to actually happen? It's a great book that raises some fun points but it isn't a blueprint for my ideal society. I don't know where you are getting that from.

Corporations are going to keep their money here because at the end of the day we're still the wealthiest, most affluent market in the world. The price of goods may go up, but when you have industrial jobs here that are forced to pay their workers a fair wage (rather than getting Chinese slaves for $2 an hour), the workers will be able to cover the costs of the counter-tariffs.

There are things that are bigger than money. You won't invest, but others will. You've already demonstrated that your a bitter greedy sociopath so I don't expect you to see anything beyond the bottom line.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 11:46:02 AM »

Also, I wouldn't invest money in a corporation that has difficulty making as much profit as possible because the American government believes in pro-labor and protectionist policies.
Who the hell wants "Atlas Shrugged" to actually happen? It's a great book that raises some fun points but it isn't a blueprint for my ideal society. I don't know where you are getting that from.

Corporations are going to keep their money here because at the end of the day we're still the wealthiest, most affluent market in the world. The price of goods may go up, but when you have industrial jobs here that are forced to pay their workers a fair wage (rather than getting Chinese slaves for $2 an hour), the workers will be able to cover the costs of the counter-tariffs.

There are things that are bigger than money. You won't invest, but others will. You've already demonstrated that your a bitter greedy sociopath so I don't expect you to see anything beyond the bottom line.
you have to be joking
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »

Industrial jobs here won't be "forced" to pay their workers fairly, they'll literally move their corporation out of the country. Then we won't be a wealthy or affluent market.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 07:31:35 PM »

No, Trump should not continue this policy.  But the red avatars that would perform partial birth abortion on an 8 month fetus (or be OK with someone who did) don't move me with their version of "the children" argument.  They don't care about kids; they care about discrediting Trump.

Just to be clear, there are four doctors in the US who publicly perform third trimester abortions, which comprise like 1% of all abortions performed - and the vast majority of those are done out of medical necessity. In all likelihood, more children have been separated from their families in the past couple of months than there will be fetuses aborted in the third trimester nationally this year (and more probably have been separated in the past few days than the total # of non-medically necessary third trimester abortions that will occur this year).

A fetus in a third trimester abortion is a human being whose life has been taken.  I consider that more reprehensible than Trump's policy (which, again, I do not support here).

There you go again!
FuzzyBear is right to be unhappy at the prevalence of infanticide in this country. And yes, that does kill more people than Trump's policies.

neither fuzzy bear nor you I have the right to not merely deflect but utterly ignore the issue of children being separated from their families specifically as a political bargaining tool, but then clutch your Bible and say but Jesus says
Well, I find Trump's immigration policies to be horrid and this "Tent city" plan to be pretty terrible. But feel free to read my post as saying things on matters that it doesn't address all you want!

YOU are the one who inexplicably joined Fuzzy's attempt to inexplicably change this threads topic to abortion. So don't blame me if I find your point unfathomable.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies