Reaction to this gubernatorial result?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Reaction to this gubernatorial result?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reaction to this gubernatorial result?  (Read 782 times)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2018, 04:51:20 PM »

I would assume Trump's tariffs and economic policies destroyed him in the rust-belt and Iowa, causing all of the governorships up there to flip. Kansas and Oklahoma flipped due to their governors' unpopularity and the tariffs impacting farmers, whereas Stacey Abrams pulled off a huge upset in Georgia. Connecticut and Rhode Island flipping is due to their unpopular governors and Republicans recruiting stronger candidates, while Maine still flips due to LePage unpopularity.
Littlefinger
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »

Wake up, because this map has zero chance of happening.

NH isn’t a Molly-slide
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:10:28 PM »

Dems win OK but not:
AZ
CT
MD
NH
RI (!)
TN

I can't see this happening. If Trump's economic policies are so bad that Oklahoma, a state with zero Dem Senators or Representatives, a state that hasn't had a single county vote for a Democrat in a Presidential election since 2000, flips, then the GOP sure as hell isn't winning any of the six states I listed above.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »

Dems win OK but not:
AZ
CT
MD
NH
RI (!)
TN

I can't see this happening. If Trump's economic policies are so bad that Oklahoma, a state with zero Dem Senators or Representatives, a state that hasn't had a single county vote for a Democrat in a Presidential election since 2000, flips, then the GOP sure as hell isn't winning any of the six states I listed above.
You do realize gubernatorial elections are not the same as presidential elections, right?
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 07:27:51 PM »

Dems win OK but not:
AZ
CT
MD
NH
RI (!)
TN

You do realize gubernatorial elections are not the same as presidential elections, right?
I'm well aware it's significantly easier to flip a state in a gubernatorial election than a presidential one, but that's not the point. Point is, Oklahoma is incredibly conservative, probably a contender for the most solidly Republican state in the nation. Obviously Dems actually have a shot in the gubernatorial election there whereas they have no shot in any presidential election there, but the point is that Oklahoma is almost uniquely conservative.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 01:41:57 AM »

It is hard to invision these maps setting up in the same cycle.  It would require a very sophisticated group of voters, which doubtfully would ever arise.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 02:09:00 PM »

In a tsunami, Dems would win MD and AZ before OK and GA, due to the partisan makeup of the states. And I hope Ben Jealous wins before Stacy Abrams does, due to his support for Kamala Harris or Cory Booker in 2020, along with Tim Ryan.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies