Has there ever been a time you approved of both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:51:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Has there ever been a time you approved of both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Has there ever been a time you approved of both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump  (Read 510 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 15, 2018, 10:16:31 AM »

There was one time for me, when Trump lit up the Syrian airbase in March 2017 and Hillary said "Take out his air force, Donald!" that was the only time I've approved of both of them.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:38:42 AM »

In the early days of Trump's presidency, when I still pretended that Hillary was much better than Obama while also having accepted that Trump would be a force for the good.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:24:52 PM »

No, but now I approve of neither.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »

Sure, most of 2015 actually.

They mutually murdered "small government" as the assumed Overton Window, what wasn't to like?

Too bad both became increasingly less "big government" and more traditionally left/right in all the wrong ways, and both ran rather shoddily incompetent campaigns too.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 04:03:58 PM »

No
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »

No.

I liked Hillary only pre-2015, and Trump I was neutral on from shortly before the election to shortly after the inauguration.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 04:09:57 PM »

in 2011 when I really only knew Trump as the host of the Apprentice

and when I used to think Hillary would have been Bill Clinton's third term
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 04:31:22 PM »

No.

I had always liked Hillary (I did go through an anti-Hillary phase in 2015 but that faded away).

With Trump, I was neutral on him until he started spreading the Obama Birtherism conspiracy in 2011. Since then, I've disliked him. I really despise him now.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »

Even back when I didn't detest the very existence of Donald Trump, before he was a candidate, before he was even a conspiracy peddler; I always thought he was a human punchline. Trump, to me, even at his best was always an embarrassing buffoon. I even used to watch his reality shows, much to my current shame, and thought this. I never took the guy seriously, though I probably should have.

I never disliked Clinton and I feel like an alien for how much of an apologist I am for her. I'll even acknowledge her flaws (which she does, of course, have) and still probably end up having a more positive view of her than most people.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 07:42:40 PM »

I'm not sure my opinion of either of them has ever been higher than "meh".
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 08:10:57 PM »

Maybe back in like 2006?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 10:26:12 PM »

Probably not, but maybe 2000, although I don't really remember Trump's 2000 Presidential bid. Obviously I disapprove of both today.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 11:06:46 PM »

I've never liked either as long as I have know they existed.  I might have liked Hillary in the 70s.  I'm pretty sure I'd never like Trump.....maybe...MAYBE as a bady/todler...but probably not.

(everybody is imagining a baby Trump right now "I fill diapers the best, I really do...everybody says so.")
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »

In 2013 my opinion of Hillary was narrowly higher than Donald, believe it or not.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 02:22:19 AM »

Never approved of Trump. #Resistance
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 08:05:46 AM »

Hillary's first year as SoS I approved of her generally. 2010 I was kind of neutral. After Obama's Six day borders speech in 2011, however, I started disapproving of Hillary just like I did pre-2009.

I approved of Trump before 2011. I voted for him in 2016 so the day I voted for him I clearly disliked im less than Hillary. And approved again only in parts of 2017 and 2018, but only from a partial political view.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 08:22:27 AM »

Even back when I didn't detest the very existence of Donald Trump, before he was a candidate, before he was even a conspiracy peddler; I always thought he was a human punchline. Trump, to me, even at his best was always an embarrassing buffoon. I even used to watch his reality shows, much to my current shame, and thought this. I never took the guy seriously, though I probably should have.

I never disliked Clinton and I feel like an alien for how much of an apologist I am for her. I'll even acknowledge her flaws (which she does, of course, have) and still probably end up having a more positive view of her than most people.

I always thought Trump was a joke too.

I was watching "The Apprentice" the night Osama Bin Laden got killed and I remember thinking about what an idiot Trump seemed like right before it cut into the news. I think he was flirting with running for President at that point, which was why I was watching his show at all. Everything he said otherwise made me think he must be a moron, so I watched his show to see what anyone liked about him. Couldn't see it.

I also remember his election night twitter meltdown in 2012, where he claimed Obama had lost the popular vote just because of what what the current vote was after Obama had been projected to win, despite the fact that the vote on the entire west coast hadn't come in yet. Then he started into the "We are not a Democracy!" thing. Interesting that he was so upset over it when he thought someone had won the Presidency despite losing the popular vote back then.

Honestly, through the entire Presidential campaign in 2015-2016 I swear I thought Trump's entire goal was to throw the election to Clinton. He used to be a Democrat and everything he had done through the Obama years made him (and honestly Republicans in general) look like idiots who were obsessed with celebrities and conspiracy theories. At about 6 PM on November 8, 2016, I still would have told you that I believed Trump's mission was to throw the election to Clinton. With all the stupid stuff he said, I didn't see how anyone could vote for him. Apparently the rust belt really appreciates stupidity in government, though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies