NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:12:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29
Author Topic: NY-14: Goliath falls to OCASIO!  (Read 50386 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: August 09, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/9/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-struggles-with-pelosi-que/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually, I thought that since the President isn't a Democrat, Tom Perez, as DNC chair was leader of the Democratic Party...

Nah, Ocasio did fine in that interview.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2018, 05:15:58 PM »

This was such a stupid question to begin with.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #602 on: August 09, 2018, 05:17:26 PM »

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/aug/9/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-struggles-with-pelosi-que/

Actually, I thought that since the President isn't a Democrat, Tom Perez, as DNC chair was leader of the Democratic Party...
Thats garbage. Shes was right the first time, there is no head of the party right now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #603 on: August 09, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »

She was correct. There is no one head of the Democratic Party.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #604 on: August 09, 2018, 05:39:46 PM »

How many stupid comments does this woman have to make before red avatars realize that she is Sarah Palin's intellectual inferior?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #605 on: August 09, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »

How many stupid comments does this woman have to make before red avatars realize that she is Sarah Palin's intellectual inferior?

In terms of stupid, Sarah Palin is in a class of her own.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2018, 05:47:35 PM »

What did she say that was wrong?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2018, 05:49:00 PM »

So, after all these years you finally admitted that Palin is a dumbass.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #608 on: August 09, 2018, 06:13:42 PM »

AOC is 100% right. Very few rank-and-file Democrats would think of Nancy Pelosi as their party’s “head”.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #609 on: August 09, 2018, 09:02:56 PM »

Her reply to Ben Shapiro was too perfect.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #610 on: August 09, 2018, 09:09:38 PM »

Unfortunately Ben refuses to take the L.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #611 on: August 09, 2018, 09:13:44 PM »

I wouldn't want to debate a crazy person like him either. Offering money to debate anyone is weird.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #612 on: August 09, 2018, 09:15:13 PM »

Why would she make such a response? It's within her rights to not want to debate, but it only consolidates the impression, which has now been formed by many, of her ignorance and her arrogance.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #613 on: August 09, 2018, 09:17:49 PM »

Why would she make such a response? It's within her rights to not want to debate, but it only consolidates the impression, which has now been formed by many, of her ignorance and her arrogance.

Because it is completely crazy to offer money to debate someone and expect them to respond. Besides, he's completely creepy in the "things hidden in the basement" sort of way.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #614 on: August 09, 2018, 09:17:59 PM »

I doubt she wants to actually do a debate with anyone who challenges her beliefs, even softball interviews with Margaret Hoover and Chris Cuomo have revealed her to be a total idiot
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #615 on: August 09, 2018, 09:21:52 PM »

I wouldn't want to debate a crazy person like him either. Offering money to debate anyone is weird.

It's also in violation of federal campaign finance law.

-tweet-

It was entirely Ben's arrogance to try and bribe Ocasio-Cortez into debating him on his stupid show.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #616 on: August 09, 2018, 09:22:05 PM »

I doubt she wants to actually do a debate with anyone who challenges her beliefs, even softball interviews with Margaret Hoover and Chris Cuomo have revealed her to be a total idiot
You really think the interview with Cuomo showed her being an idiot? Now thats moronic.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #617 on: August 09, 2018, 09:24:41 PM »

You really think the interview with Cuomo showed her being an idiot? Now thats moronic.
I'm sure I'm your world funeral costs will pay for a multi-million dollar healthcare plan, and she became a stuttering mess when pushed to acknowledge that Pelosi was leader of the house dems, Palin was far more articulate than this idiot
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #618 on: August 09, 2018, 09:27:34 PM »

I'm sure I'm your world funeral costs will pay for a multi-million dollar healthcare plan, and she became a stuttering mess when pushed to acknowledge that Pelosi was leader of the house dems, Palin was far more articulate than this idiot

Thankfully Medicare for All would actually cost less than the current US healthcare system according to the Koch-funded Mercatus center.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-medicare-for-all-plan-cost-save-money-2018-7
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #619 on: August 09, 2018, 09:27:51 PM »

Sigh, I will quote the article and the quote context

There was no context on what "head" was being discussed, and this is the exact same answer that I would have given.

and no one, I mean, no one, is worse at articulating than Palin.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #620 on: August 09, 2018, 09:28:14 PM »

Because it is completely crazy to offer money to debate someone and expect them to respond. Besides, he's completely creepy in the "things hidden in the basement" sort of way.

I wouldn't have approached it in the same manner as Shapiro did. But I still think that Ocasio-Cortez's comments in the interviews and appearances which she has made, have reflected badly upon her. I've actually come to think that Crowley should have won the primary after all. But now, yet another person who doesn't know what they are talking about will be joining Congress, and that will only further undermine the stability of our political system. She will be an embarrassment to her constituents.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #621 on: August 09, 2018, 09:31:11 PM »

There was no context on what "head" was being discussed, and this is the exact same answer that I would have given.

Yes but if you watch the actual interview she mutters and stumbles through the entire question, if she can't even handle little freedo I can see why she wouldn't want to debate anyone who would actually push back against her
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: August 09, 2018, 09:32:43 PM »

Yes but if you watch the actual interview she mutters and stumbles through the entire question, if she can't even handle little freedo I can see why she wouldn't want to debate anyone who would actually push back against her
maybe because its a difficult question? Who is the head of the Democratic Party? Who would you say was the head of the R party back in 2013 and 2014? It was a very hard question, and in the end, she gave a great response.

And last I checked, many other politicians are worse orators(Biden, Trump, Menendez, etc.) and these guys have orating experience. AOC is still in her 20s.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #623 on: August 09, 2018, 09:38:42 PM »

maybe because its a difficult question? Who is the head of the Democratic Party? Who would you say was the head of the R party back in 2013 and 2014? It was a very hard question, and in the end, she gave a great response.
Lol you are such a hack, at least her minutes of mumbling and stuttering were better than when she openly admitted she had no clue what she was talking about when it came to foreign policy, so I guess she is improving according to your ever lowering standards for any far-left shiny object
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #624 on: August 09, 2018, 09:43:12 PM »

Lol you are such a hack, at least her minutes of mumbling and stuttering were better than when she openly admitted she had no clue what she was talking about when it came to foreign policy, so I guess she is improving according to your ever lowering standards for any far-left shiny object
You havent rebutted anything I have pointed out. Make an argument, dont attack the arguer.

Anyway, as I said, shes in her 20s and hasnt even been elected yet. None of her campaign was about foreign policy, it was about economics and social issues. Its better than Trump who says different policies every day during his campaign(and never bothers to do any of them once elected.)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies