Robert De Niro hurls F-bomb at President Trump during the Tonys
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:46:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Robert De Niro hurls F-bomb at President Trump during the Tonys
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Robert De Niro hurls F-bomb at President Trump during the Tonys  (Read 2273 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:29:45 AM »
« edited: June 11, 2018, 12:39:59 AM by RFKFan68 »

A CBS spokesperson issued a brief statement tonight:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/robert-de-niro-hurls-f-bombs-at-donald-trump-in-tony-awards-outburst-1202407497/
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 02:43:30 AM »

3, 2, 1,... Let TRUMP tweet...
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 03:10:36 AM »

A CBS spokesperson issued a brief statement tonight:

https://deadline.com/2018/06/robert-de-niro-hurls-f-bombs-at-donald-trump-in-tony-awards-outburst-1202407497/

Robert De Niro is one of the most anti-Trump celebrities in Hollywood. So this is not surprising to me at all.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 05:13:37 AM »

Disgraceful.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 05:25:44 AM »

You were for 'locker room talk' before you were against it?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 07:01:07 AM »

You were for 'locker room talk' before you were against it?

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 07:14:22 AM »

It's not the right venue. That's number one. You don't make political statements at the Tony Awards or a Football game or anything like that.

Secondly, throwing an F-Bomb at the President of the United States is not something to be proud of. He is our leader. You have to respect the office.

If Obama had invited me to the White House, do you think I wouldn't have gone? Just because I didn't vote for him? These NBA players and celebrities are a little over the top with their opposition and disrespect of the office.

It's too much. I think they overreact. All I see is a guy who is course correcting from what could be seen in contemporary American politics as a far left push from 2009 until about 2015.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 07:30:55 AM »

Secondly, throwing an F-Bomb at the President of the United States is not something to be proud of. He is our leader. You have to respect the office.

I think the things Donald Trump has done, said, and tweeted have disrespected the office of the President of the United States in a much greater way than Robert De Niro ever could.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 07:34:30 AM »

It's not the right venue. That's number one. You don't make political statements at the Tony Awards or a Football game or anything like that.

If Obama had invited me to the White House, do you think I wouldn't have gone? Just because I didn't vote for him? These NBA players and celebrities are a little over the top with their opposition and disrespect of the office.

It's too much. I think they overreact. All I see is a guy who is course correcting from what could be seen in contemporary American politics as a far left push from 2009 until about 2015.

Yawn. Stop trying to wrap him up in the office as if it protects him from being called out for the crap he says and does to U.S. citizens (the people that pay his salary and his weekly trips to Mar-A-Lago). F-ck Trump.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 07:44:25 AM »

Anybody who voted for this deranged psychopath not only showed that they only have contempt for the office of the Presidency, they also showed that they really have nothing but contempt for the United States.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 08:26:29 AM »

Let me be clear with you, hypocrite. Trump was the first and will be the last of his term to disrespect the office. The man is not worthy of anyone's respect. I don't care what position he holds. He's a contemptible human being and you voted for him because of it, not in spite of it.

Yet, you have the audacity to come and tell us that we have to respect him, despite everything he's said and done about nearly everyone.

Oh please. Bye. Or, as your people would say, "don't be a snowflake."
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 08:51:29 AM »

I don’t have the energy to care. We’ll get another news cycle about he-said, he-tweeted, more culture war hot-takery. America would be much better off if we paid less attention to what actors said when they weren’t acting, even ones who I personally admire like Robert De Niro. Seriously if we weren’t so celebrity obsessed Trump wouldn’t have happened.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 08:55:25 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2018, 09:01:41 AM by ON Progressive »

The f-bomb was thrown at Donald Trump, not the office he holds. If anyone is disrespecting the office of the Presidency, it's Donald Trump and the deplorables that voted him in.

And for the record, Hillary was wrong about calling half of his voters deplorable. All of them are deplorable.

P.S. F*** Trump

Plenty of athletes refused to go to the White House because of Obama. Ever heard of Tim Thomas or Tom Brady?

What is with Republicans who think Democrats are anywhere near "far left"? It's like they've never met an actual far left person (someone like a communist or an anarchist) in their lives. There never was a far left push in America, you're just so far to the right that anything near the centre is far left to you.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 09:03:32 AM »

I don’t have the energy to care. We’ll get another news cycle about he-said, he-tweeted, more culture war hot-takery. America would be much better off if we paid less attention to what actors said when they weren’t acting, even ones who I personally admire like Robert De Niro. Seriously if we weren’t so celebrity obsessed Trump wouldn’t have happened.
that's true.i mean it feels weird to me when people make these things political even when i agree with them..i'm reminded of that michael moore rant in 2003.but ultimately it doesn't really matter much.it's just another awards show
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 09:04:09 AM »

The f-bomb was thrown at Donald Trump, not the office he holds. If anyone is disrespecting the office of the Presidency, it's Donald Trump and the deplorables that voted him in.

And for the record, Hillary was wrong about calling half of his voters deplorable. All of them are deplorable.
ok
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 09:11:26 AM »

I think the things Donald Trump has done, said, and tweeted have disrespected the office of the President of the United States in a much greater way than Robert De Niro ever could.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 10:07:12 AM »

honestly couldn't care less what de niro says or think along with the rest of Hollywood, i can't even remember the last time i even watched an awards show tbh
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 11:27:59 AM »

Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2018, 02:11:19 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

People make political commentary where they have the biggest platforms. When did you become the gatekeeper of political discourse venues?

You are conflating the man with the office. While I'm sure Trump would be delighted to hear you say that his position shields him from criticism, that's simply not the truth. Trump is a contemptuous human being that provokes criticism with his every action. Besides, you're eagerly supporting a man that actively campaigned on the previous office holder not being a native-born citizen based on conspiracy theories, so you don't follow your own logic of "respecting the office" in this regard unless you really define it as narrowly as "don't curse at them."

Several players didn't take up Obama's offer to visit the White House, he didn't throw a whiny fit and cancel the whole event because of it.

He's an ignorant rube making a mockery of us on the world stage. He's a grating personality dividing the country to fatten his own business interests and stroke his own ego. A lot of people are angry at him and will continue to bad mouth him. Deal with it.
UncleSam

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »

The only thing less surprising than this is that the sun came up this morning
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 02:02:18 PM »

Hopefully he doesn't apologize, that's weakness now.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 02:47:31 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2018, 03:50:39 PM by Calthrina950 »

I would agree with you that a lot of the language which is bandied about by our political figures nowadays is out of line, and it is definitely a sign of the partisan divides which now reveal themselves in every aspect of our public life. At the same time, however, given that President Trump himself has used a considerable amount of vulgar language, and has insulted a wide variety of people, I don't think criticism against him is unwarranted. My belief is that the Presidency, as a position, should be given due respect, but that the occupier of that office is subject to public opinion. Now, if Trump were a completely different character, and this kind of insult were being hurled against him, then I would be more inclined to support your view on this matter.

I also keep in mind many of the horrific things that were said about President Obama, much of it blatantly racist. Those things were, in my view, worse than what Robert De Niro said about Trump. I don't condone what he said, but it must be taken within context.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 03:41:25 PM »

I also keep in mind many of the horrific things that were said by President Obama, much of it blatantly racist.
Do you mean horrific things said about President Obama?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies