Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:29:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
Author Topic: Encore of Europe: Rules, Sign-up, and General Discussion  (Read 41634 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 08, 2018, 10:09:39 PM »

Did my hanging of Joao II go unnoticed or is that story still to come?

Don't worry. Spamage would never pass on giving us a dramatic account of a fallen ruler getting hanged.

X, you've started quite a trend Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #476 on: August 09, 2018, 09:04:25 PM »

Turn will be up tomorrow evening, sorry for the delay this time Tongue

Welcome to BaconKing as Japan! Certainly should be interesting Smiley

Due to a private request, which I think is wholly understandable given the circumstances, Prussia will remain a NPC for the next turn.

Did my hanging of Joao II go unnoticed or is that story still to come?

It happened, but I forgot to add it into the news. I will edit it into the 1787 news update once the next turn is posted. As Kal said, I doubt we could survive without the detailed description of the execution of another monarch Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #477 on: August 10, 2018, 11:46:14 PM »

Next turn has begun. Sorry for the delay on top of what was already an extended turn. It will run until next Friday evening.

For some reason getting through this update felt rather diffucult. I suppose it was the matter of having multiple players join while others left. Certainly was a lot of different matters to consider.

PM me with anything I may have omitted. There was a lot to go through and some stuff from early in the turn may have been missed. Let's get back to all the intrigue Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #478 on: August 11, 2018, 06:50:47 AM »

Next turn has begun. Sorry for the delay on top of what was already an extended turn. It will run until next Friday evening.

For some reason getting through this update felt rather diffucult. I suppose it was the matter of having multiple players join while others left. Certainly was a lot of different matters to consider.

PM me with anything I may have omitted. There was a lot to go through and some stuff from early in the turn may have been missed. Let's get back to all the intrigue Wink
An another war!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #479 on: August 11, 2018, 07:14:03 AM »

Who would've thought the Russians won't honor their peace commitments?!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »

Mere - and somewhat morbid - curiosity, what exactly is available?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2018, 10:43:30 PM »

Mere - and somewhat morbid - curiosity, what exactly is available?

Naples, Western Confederacy, Portugal, and now the Netherlands.

Prussia will be unavailable until the begining of the next turn. I could probably be convinced to allow someone to join as Mysore or even Morocco.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #482 on: August 12, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »

Im not rejoining as the Netherlands for the foreseeable future as I start school Thursday 
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2018, 03:05:54 AM »

Im not rejoining as the Netherlands for the foreseeable future as I start school Thursday 
Honestly I will deeply miss you as you have been friendly and hilarious to me
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #484 on: August 13, 2018, 10:22:11 PM »

Well as PawPaw always said "Boy stop licking that window."
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #485 on: August 14, 2018, 01:12:32 PM »

Tonight is the midturn?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #486 on: August 14, 2018, 03:29:56 PM »

I suppose the midturn will be about the netherlands and maybe Italy? I'm curious about how Benedetto is governing Piedmont, absolute monarch? Constitutional monarch etc etc.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #487 on: August 14, 2018, 03:45:37 PM »

Naples, please.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #488 on: August 14, 2018, 06:01:39 PM »

Alright, I'm going to have to drop out of this too.  I'm sorry for not doing this before the turn started but with school coming up and me planning to get a job as well as lead a club I simply won't have time for this game.

I apologize for doing this in the middle of the turn.  Thank you all for the great game and thank you Spamage for all your work in hosting it.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #489 on: August 14, 2018, 06:14:28 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2018, 11:57:09 PM by JacksonHitchcock »

Alright, I'm going to have to drop out of this too.  I'm sorry for not doing this before the turn started but with school coming up and me planning to get a job as well as lead a club I simply won't have time for this game.

I apologize for doing this in the middle of the turn.  Thank you all for the great game and thank you Spamage for all your work in hosting it.

Seriously Spamage is a stand up guy, we need to all appreciate the work he has put into this game.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #490 on: August 14, 2018, 11:47:58 PM »

Midturn will be coming this evening.

I will be on vacation from tomorrow through Sunday, so the turn deadline is by default extended to Sunday evening. Internet access will be spotty, so I probably won't be able to get back to any PMs.

Welcome! Your first prompts will be up next turn, feel free to start with diplomacy though Smiley

Thanks for playing and best of luck!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #491 on: August 15, 2018, 04:29:59 AM »

Have good vacations Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #492 on: August 15, 2018, 04:18:48 PM »

I guess this is what I should aim at regarding the Ottoman military policy:

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2018, 11:52:11 AM »

My orders will be sent tomorrow
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #494 on: August 19, 2018, 07:34:30 PM »

Nothing more from me for this turn.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #495 on: August 19, 2018, 11:05:42 PM »

Several players have questions that they will need before sending in orders. Due to this, as well as my late return, I've decided to extend the turn an additional 24 hours. I'm working on responding to PMs currently and should complete the process tonight.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #496 on: August 20, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »

Several players have questions that they will need before sending in orders. Due to this, as well as my late return, I've decided to extend the turn an additional 24 hours. I'm working on responding to PMs currently and should complete the process tonight.
I hope you have had good vacations Smiley
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #497 on: August 21, 2018, 07:29:12 PM »

Is the turn closed?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #498 on: August 21, 2018, 09:06:01 PM »

Hey all, a bit of a sad announcement to make. As we approach September, it's becoming increasingly clear to me that I no longer have the free time required to continued moderating the game. When I envisioned Encore back in June I initially intended for it to run through the summer and end somewhere in the early fall. With the past few weeks though, I've really been unable to give it the time it deserves (I'm sure everyone has noticed slower responses on my end).
   First off, I appreciate all the creativity, negotiations, intrigue, and actions of the players during these past few turns. This game, like its predecessor, has been a wild ride and I would have it no other way. The level of activity has been amazing and there are many who I would love to give special shout-outs to for their actions. I’ve loved to see the storylines that had their seeds planted by events in the first round (Quebec’s independence, Persia, Austria inheriting Bavaria, Italy) mature to fruition and the beginning of a whole new series of developments (Brazil, opening of China, colonial ambitions).
   My philosophy has always been that I would try to host a game that I would want to play myself. This has been in the back of my head throughout the entire stage of this game and its predecessor. I believe together we’ve all crafted an interesting world with such a level of detail it feels like a novel at times.
   Hosting these has always been a blast and I’ve put more hours than I probably should have into research, communication, and writing. I’m going to be honest though, when I say that this one may have gotten away from me. Managing 15 plus players has become quite a juggle. Throwing in all the different comings and goings on top of that adds a bit more confusion. Needless to say, stuff has clearly slipped through the cracks at times and keeping track of all the various PMs that need responses, orders spread over several PMs (or issued and then changed), and secret actions is difficult.
   The most frustrating part is I see so many plans in the making and so much hanging on the edge. It's one thing to end the simulation after a major war has passed and there's little to do, but something else to leave people hanging. Due to this, I really only see two options heading forward. Either I pass it off to a new moderator or everyone sends me their goals and general plans via PM and I close up the game with a summary like last time.
   Regardless, real life must always come first. These next few months will be quite challenging as I balance work, research, personal obligations, etc. As much as I would love to continue hosting, I really can't justify it any further than this week or so.
  Thanks for your understanding. I'm currently considering what to do. I suppose I could also release a more elaborate update discussing and revealing more major developments for each nation, actions from this turn for instance, throughout the rest of the 1780s.
   I'd appreciate hearing back from everyone about what you all would like.

Thanks,
    Spamage
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2018, 04:21:52 AM »

Hello Spamage,
Thank you for all your work, you have been amazing. Indeed real life must come first. I oppose someone else taking the game as I believe it is your game. In my view, the best would be to end it and to start a season 3 next year something like 20 years later. It's going to continue to be an amazing period:
-the passing of benedetto: succession crisis?
-Naples becoming the most capable candidate to unify Naples
-Scandinavia annexing basically Denmark with the Schleswig issue not solved
-Rising nationalism, uprising in Greece?
- Spain and the UK facing increased troubles in their colonies
-The passing of Kosciuszko: what to do next?

Etc etc

I think there is a big potential for a third season next year so it is preferable to close it like you did last game.

Maybe a final turn so we could all give what we were planning to do by PM in the next decade?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies