Kaine and Kilgore tied in new Rasmussen Poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:33:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kaine and Kilgore tied in new Rasmussen Poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kaine and Kilgore tied in new Rasmussen Poll  (Read 2815 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« on: October 01, 2005, 10:51:26 AM »

I still think that VA is leaning towards Kilgore, if only for reasons of general partisan advantage, what does however seem to be the case is that the momentum is on Kaine’s side and as I said he would do he’s got his second wind, just at the time when Warner has begun to campaign hard across the state… its still a tossup but the momentum is working to Kaine’s advantage right now, doesn’t mean he’ll win, but as I’ve been saying for weeks he’s narrowing the gap.

Actually, Kaine is trying to cover up his past and pretend that he's 'Warner Jr.'

However, Kaine has two major weaknesses:

First, his opposition to the right to keep and bear arms,

Second, his support for illegal immigration.

Both matters are likely to loom large on election day.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:13:48 PM »

Alcon,

First, with respect to illegal immigration, there have been a couple of incidents over the past few weeks in Virginia that have impacted the race.  One in which an illegal alien brutally attacked a minor girl, and another in which a town council provided a special hall for illegal aliens.  I cited both stories earlier (the first from the Richmond Times and the second from one of the Washington newspapers).  The issue has 'legs' in Virginia.

Second, Warner suceeded in getting elected in Virginia BECAUSE he supported the right to keep and bear arms. Kaine is opposed to the right to keep and bear arms.  He went so far as to spend city (taxpayer) money to provide logistical support for an anti-gun group which had to go defunct before being closed down by the IRS for tax fraud.  The head of sportsmen for Warner is NOW supporting Kilgore (and the Democrat candidate for Attorney General).  I earlier posted an article on this.

Finally, with respect  to the problem with the polls, there is a key problem with the turnout models used.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 05:41:41 PM »

I would think that Potts is taking more votes away from Kaine at this point. Most of the issue positions that he is highlighted (funding for transportation by raising taxes, abortion, gay marriage) are to the left of Kaine. I am pretty surprised that he is polling this high and I expect Potts to get about 2 or 3 percent on election day.

For a good analogy, think of Potts as a Virginia version of John Anderson (1980).

By taking the extreme positions, Potts has allowed Kaine to appear less liberal by comparison.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 07:33:01 PM »

Potts is also like Sister Soulja.  His inanitites allow Kaine to escape from the grasp of the hard left in Virginia.

Kaine is now claiming that he opposes tax increases (ROTFLMAO) while Potts admits he favors tax increases.

Kaine is now claiming that he opposes abortions (yeah, sure) while Potts is running around proclaiming abortion to be a fundamental right.

Potts is a proponent of 'gay marriage' while Kaine has remained silent on the matter.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 09:08:19 AM »

Here's another update:

http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20051005-121409-4913r.htm
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies