how much 1.5oz shots of 80 proof is safe for a 170lb man?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:18:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  how much 1.5oz shots of 80 proof is safe for a 170lb man?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how much 1.5oz shots of 80 proof is safe for a 170lb man?  (Read 763 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »
« edited: June 02, 2018, 10:25:11 AM by HillGoose »

i want 2 get plastered (more than i ever been b4) 2night but i dont want 2 die so help?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 04:42:57 PM »

Just don't drink brother, it is very much into the haram.
WritOfCertiorari

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »

80 proof? Not too horrible. What is it, whisky? Try to keep it under like 5 and you'll be fine.

I will say that drinking alcohol is illegal under the age of 21, but it looks like you are indeed 21.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »

80 proof? Not too horrible. What is it, whisky? Try to keep it under like 5 and you'll be fine.

I will say that drinking alcohol is illegal under the age of 21, but it looks like you are indeed 21.

Vodka, and yeah I've done 5 in less than 5 minutes before, I was wondering if it would be safe to go beyond that I guess lol.

And yeah I'm 21.
WritOfCertiorari

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »

Vodka, and yeah I've done 5 in less than 5 minutes before, I was wondering if it would be safe to go beyond that I guess lol.

And yeah I'm 21.

I'm honestly not too sure. I can't recommend doing it, but people drink more than that every day. Maybe one of the more experienced users will chime in.

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 08:38:14 PM »

its cool guys I didnt die just made myself feel awful lmao
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 09:32:15 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2018, 09:43:26 PM by Anarcho-Tolkienism »

I've done 11 shots of 80 proof within a 30 minute period. It was anything but my best idea, but I didn't die from it or get alcohol poisoning. I'd recommend having no more than 5 shots of 80 proof in short succession, but I think about 3-4 is ideal and then spread out your next shots for every 40-60 minutes or so, that way you maintain a substantial buzz without overdoing it.

They sell little bottles of 99 proof that are pretty good. I think the Root Beer and Banana flavors are best; Root Beer goes well with a can of Root Beer or Coke and Banana with Sprite (if you need a chaser). Drink that along with two 28 proof 4-Lokos and you should be pretty drunk and all for about ~$7. Then all you need is to smoke a whole bowl (Blue Dream, AK-47, or Guerilla Glue, preferably) in a few minutes (another one later, if needed) and you should be feeling excellent.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 07:51:08 PM »

I'm a little late to the party but I'd like to chime in.

A good deal of alcohol tolerance just depends on your experience. If you're the type of person that needs to ask this question to be sure, then chances are the answer to your question is "not too many shots." That's nothing to be ashamed of; any accomplished drinker was green to this at one point.

Truthfully speaking, you probably should stick to beer or (preferably) wine* at this point. However, if you're a rookie and you insist on drinking spirits, then I'd recommend that you drink it over ice cubes. Chances are, your palate isn't too accustomed to the taste of straight alcohol, and that'll help you pace yourself. Mixers can be deceptive and you won't realize how deep of a hole you're digging.

Perhaps the most insidious aspect of drinking is when people (usually men) try to measure how much they're able to drink as a dick-measuring contest, or a point of pride. That mentality literally kills people, and I'm not piping up as some lightweight - I've been on a thirty-six hour bender before. Please don't fall into that trap.

Happy drinking Smiley. Shoot me a PM if you want more tips.

*This deserves emphasis. In my younger days, a .750 of White Zin from a gas station was a great way to start the night and feel bubbly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies