Fiat may announce end of Chrysler on Friday (Update: Chrysler safe for now)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:11:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fiat may announce end of Chrysler on Friday (Update: Chrysler safe for now)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fiat may announce end of Chrysler on Friday (Update: Chrysler safe for now)  (Read 1641 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 09:32:37 AM »

I guess there’s something to be said for my liberal arts degree. Tongue
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 10:43:01 AM »

Watching what has happened to Chrysler over the years has been painful, and a merciful euthanasia would likely be best at this point.

I've never been a fan of their cars. They had a cash cow in their minivans in the '80s and '90s and were left with no core competency to fall back on when tastes shifted to crossovers.

It's gotten to the point that if you see someone driving a Chrysler, you can assume (1) it's a rental and the rental company is out of everything else, or (2) they have terrible credit and couldn't get financing from anyone else.

The writing has been on the wall since the 200, which was supposed to be their big come-back car, got shut down. The 200 is easily the worst rental, outside of a dinky Fiat 500, I've driven - the 8 speed auto had terrible downshift times for passing and the acceleration was impossibly slow.

I shed no tears for a brand that has, for a while now, produced an inferior product than its competition.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 10:29:35 AM »

Just so everyone knows, the FCA 5 year plan was shown in Italy this morning and Chrysler is not going anywhere at the moment.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 01:41:11 PM »

Chrysler was an alleged luxury brand for people who could not afford a Cadillac or Lincoln. A low volume of sales in comparison to Cadillac and Lincoln allowed Chrysler Corporation and now FCA to get away with that hustle -- but that is over.   

It is amazaing that the Chrysler brand has lasted as long as it has.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies