First Trio "Married" in The Netherlands
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:39:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: First Trio "Married" in The Netherlands  (Read 4197 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2005, 01:42:30 PM »

http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/301

From the desk of Paul Belien on Tue, 2005-09-27 00:08

The Netherlands and Belgium were the first countries to give full marriage rights to homosexuals. In the United States some politicians propose “civil unions” that give homosexual couples the full benefits and responsibilities of marriage. These civil unions differ from marriage only in name.

Meanwhile in the Netherlands polygamy has been legalised in all but name. Last Friday the first civil was registered. Victor de Bruijn (46) from Roosendaal “married” both Bianca (31) and Mirjam (35) in a ceremony before a notary who duly registered their civil union.

“I love both Bianca and Mirjam, so I am marrying them both,” Victor said. He had previously been married to Bianca. Two and a half years ago they met Mirjam Geven through an internet chatbox. Eight weeks later Mirjam deserted her husband and came to live with Victor and Bianca. After Mirjam’s divorce the threesome decided to marry.

Victor: “A marriage between three persons is not possible in the Netherlands, but a civil union is. We went to the notary in our marriage costume and exchanged rings. We consider this to be just an ordinary marriage.”

Asked by journalists to tell the secret of their peculiar relationship, Victor explained that there is no jealousy between them. “But this is because Mirjam and Bianca are bisexual. I think that with two heterosexual women it would be more difficult.” Victor stressed, however, that he is “a one hundred per cent heterosexual” and that a fourth person will not be allowed into the “marriage.” They want to take their marriage obligations seriously: “to be honest and open with each other and not philander.”
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 02:25:21 PM »

Victor stressed, however, that he is “a one hundred per cent heterosexual”

Or maybe even 200%...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 02:27:43 PM »

Digusting...Dr Evil isn't even that handsome.

David S
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 02:32:49 PM »

That fool is now going to have two women henpecking him instead of one.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »

He can have both. Anyway, we finally see what happens when you start down that slippery slope.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 03:39:12 PM »

I couldn't care less.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 03:42:24 PM »

Ah well, when in Utah Holland, do as the Mormons Dutch do.....
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 03:53:47 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 04:14:55 PM »

Agreed.

For those who could care less, I'll send out a letter to the Mormons indicating your implicit support for their "lifestyle".  Wink
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 05:49:18 PM »

For those who could care less, I'll send out a letter to the Mormons indicating your implicit support for their "lifestyle".  Wink

"Indifference" is the word you're looking for, Sam, not support. Wink
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 06:27:44 PM »

Do you really want me to start ranting my opinion on this matter?
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 06:38:23 PM »

Do you really want me to start ranting my opinion on this matter?

cry about it. 

David S has a point though, he's asking for it with the extra nagging.  Although a threesome would be many guys' sexual fantasy, when it comes down to marraige, I think it would be a pain.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 09:01:36 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2005, 09:03:13 PM by Derechos de Estados™ »

That proves me right with the once-called fallacy of the slippery slope.
See what I meant? and most of you, especially the pro-gay, and pro-death activists here who blindly ridiculed my statements, and tried to mock my words, have been proved wrong by a theory come true.

The Netherlands' doom is now irreversible. It will become the world's biggest free-for-all orgy and the hellhole of Europe.

Next in line: Bob and his dog Cassie!

After that: Jack and Jill, close siblings of each other.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 10:53:02 PM »

Trisexual?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 12:41:01 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2005, 12:57:43 AM by Alcon »

See what I meant? and most of you, especially the pro-gay, and pro-death activists here who blindly ridiculed my statements, and tried to mock my words, have been proved wrong by a theory come true.

The Netherlands' doom is now irreversible. It will become the world's biggest free-for-all orgy and the hellhole of Europe.

The sad part is I can't even tell if this is parody or not.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 12:44:46 AM »

Someone who will try anything sexually once is termed a trisexual.

it seems like you're the one with the slippery-slope assumptions.  Although you never really explain what about it is wrong, you just say "see! those crazy pro-gay people don't know when to stop!"

So have you ever actually been to the Netherlands, or do you automatically assume sexual liberty=dirty, dirty hellhole?  Tell me Killerpollo, has God rained down rath on this country like he did with Sodom and Gamoreah yet?
Besides, I'm sure the people in the Netherlands are probably very nice.

How many times have I told you this?  It won't happen because a dog cannot verbally consent.  Besides, as long as the dog is not sexually violated, I'm sure the marraige will be a long happy one, provided the bitch doesn't pee on the carpet Cheesy

Only in southern states like yours Cheesy

Milk_and_Cereal:1
Killerpollo:0

Killerpollo once again fails to make a valid point. 
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 12:57:55 AM »

This is not exactly polygamy, as it is a union of three people. (the two women are also married). So morally, it seem alright I guess. However, I am against this because it can be abused by polygamists. For those who say there is a slippery slope from same sex marriage, I can tell you that I am stead-fast against polygamy and always will be.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 12:59:18 AM »

It sounds as stupid as Senator Cornyn's box turtle comment.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 01:06:42 AM »

It sounds as stupid as Senator Cornyn's box turtle comment.

Comments like that are the reason Democrats lose election with such frequency.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 01:11:14 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2005, 01:20:49 AM by Senator Porce »

Is there something wrong with the water in the Netherlands?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 02:22:16 AM »

I like this! Though I can tell you threesomes are overrated, and obviously marriage in any form sounds a horror. 
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 02:30:07 AM »

Okay... so three people jointly got a civil union, and this means that the Netherlands is the only place where threesomes ever happen, and that gay marriage directly caused this and this is an indication of the downfall of morality and civilization as we know it?  I seem to be missing some logical connection here.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 09:58:14 AM »

1. Someone who will try anything sexually once is termed a trisexual.

2. it seems like you're the one with the slippery-slope assumptions.  Although you never really explain what about it is wrong, you just say "see! those crazy pro-gay people don't know when to stop!"

3. So have you ever actually been to the Netherlands, or do you automatically assume sexual liberty=dirty, dirty hellhole?  Tell me Killerpollo, has God rained down rath on this country like he did with Sodom and Gamoreah yet?
Besides, I'm sure the people in the Netherlands are probably very nice.

4. How many times have I told you this?  It won't happen because a dog cannot verbally consent.  Besides, as long as the dog is not sexually violated, I'm sure the marraige will be a long happy one, provided the bitch doesn't pee on the carpet Cheesy

5. Only in southern states like yours Cheesy

Milk_and_Cereal:1
Killerpollo:0

Killerpollo once again fails to make a valid point. 

1. NO It's OMNIsexual

2. OH I will tell what is wrong with it! Insurance... This goes beyond morality and family values. Not just that but also house insurance, motgages, etc would skyrocket because of these people. Imagine the cost. Legally registering 3 or more people under the same name. With it, there will probably be Tax benefits involved. Remember the two straight guys who married on purpose in Canada?

3. No, but more "sexual liberty" as you like to call it, gives these people more possibilities of catching sexually-transmitted diseases? For example, places like Thailand are hot spots where American businessmen travel for the express purpose of fornicating with young Asian children. It is a thriving industry over there; many of these girls are taken into that business when they are seven years old or younger.
So If anyone here favors polygamy and same-sex marriage, Why not incest or paedophilia? You guys should also be OK with it.

4. It's called LOBBYISM! Consent is not a strong enough barrier.

5. Neup. Only in Alabama!
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 11:18:10 AM »

Whatever you want to call it.

2. OH I will tell what is wrong with it! Insurance... This goes beyond morality and family values. Not just that but also house insurance, motgages, etc would skyrocket because of these people. Imagine the cost. Legally registering 3 or more people under the same name. With it, there will probably be Tax benefits involved. Remember the two straight guys who married on purpose in Canada?

If there actually is a legitimate problem with gay marraige, the medical insurance would be the only thing wrong with it.  Yet, this is exaclty why we need a more free market-so it can deal with the health problems that government cannot.

3. No, but more "sexual liberty" as you like to call it, gives these people more possibilities of catching sexually-transmitted diseases? For example, places like Thailand are hot spots where American businessmen travel for the express purpose of fornicating with young Asian children. It is a thriving industry over there; many of these girls are taken into that business when they are seven years old or younger.

Catching STDs with many whores is opebo's problem and not yours.  You don't seem to dislike the idea of sex with young asian girls anyways Smiley

So If anyone here favors polygamy and same-sex marriage, Why not incest or paedophilia? You guys should also be OK with it.
Incest?  Who the hell would want to marry their sibling?  Anyone that would be attracted to a family member needs to get somepsychoanalytic treatment before it gets to marraige.
Pedophilia is wrong Killerpollo for the same reason I've said.  Now, unlike the dog, a child can consent, but they do not have the same right to contract that adults have.  Therefore, if you are under 18 you should not be able to agree in contract with someone in either marraige or sex.

4. It's called LOBBYISM! Consent is not a strong enough barrier.
C'mon who is going to have the lobbying money or power or time to take up protesting for animal-human marraige.  Get some perspective in you.

5. Neup. Only in Alabama!
[/quote]

ah, okay.  I got that confused for a minute.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2005, 11:22:46 AM »

Can somebody tell me how this trio's marriage really has any relevance to the daily lives of us Americans?  I haven't actually met any of them.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies