Trump: Mueller team is "Meddling" in the midterms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:44:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump: Mueller team is "Meddling" in the midterms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump: Mueller team is "Meddling" in the midterms  (Read 2243 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 02:12:29 AM »

But Comey totally didn't meddle in 2016 for your benefit, right, Trump?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 03:01:43 AM »

"I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids."

He's a freaking Scooby Doo villain. Jeez.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:19 AM »
« Edited: May 31, 2018, 11:34:51 AM by Virginia »

That alleged timing of the launch of the investigation doesn’t seem to be quite accurate...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It could be then that the Professor's brief interactions with Trump campaign officials suspected of Russian ties was meant to see if he could get any information that would help the FBI decide whether an investigation was warranted. I mean, Trump has been saying the guy was "spying," and giving his supporters the impression that this guy was embedded in the campaign, probably sending documents directly to Obama and Clinton or something crazy like that, when in fact the information released points to a far more casual and far less offensive operation. All he did was ask a handful of people some questions. He wasn't even in the campaign, unless there has been some major development in this story that I missed?

I feel like this whole ordeal is being used by Trump supporters as kind of a blank canvass where they can take an alleged incident and make it into whatever they want. A guy asking questions of a few campaign workers suddenly turns into a ranking Trump campaign official actually being a spy who was helping dirty evil Clinton.

Also I'm not sure how I feel about this subtle, indirect implication that presidential campaigns can be chalk full of criminals engaging in criminal actions, and it would be ludicrous to investigate that campaign after the proper authorities catch wind of it. This doesn't sound like something Trump supporters should be OK with it, given the whole "rebel against the elites" stuff. Holding politicians and their campaigns accountable should be a pretty standard, inoffensive idea, even if it is still very politically sensitive.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 08:00:20 PM »

"I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids."

He's a freaking Scooby Doo villain. Jeez.

If they removed Trump's mask it would probably reveal that the whole time he was an eldritch Lovecraftian horror. That would actually explain a lot.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 09:17:06 PM »

It beggars belief that people can think the FBI is biased against Trump. Their 'meddling' in the 2016 election cost Clinton the election, and it's a high possibility the FBI was biased against Clinton. The Mueller investigation just existing and doing its work is not meddling in the election. If Mueller dropped major indictments or a recommendation for impeachment days before the election, or if the investigation had politically damaging leaks through the campaign, Trump supporters would be justified in being aggrieved. But Mueller hasn't done that and there's no indication he will do that. He is doing a professional job, with a stunningly leak-free operation, and should be allowed to continue until the investigation is complete-and should not be prevented or obstructed from doing so.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 12:16:02 AM »

It beggars belief that people can think the FBI is biased against Trump. Their 'meddling' in the 2016 election cost Clinton the election, and it's a high possibility the FBI was biased against Clinton. The Mueller investigation just existing and doing its work is not meddling in the election. If Mueller dropped major indictments or a recommendation for impeachment days before the election, or if the investigation had politically damaging leaks through the campaign, Trump supporters would be justified in being aggrieved. But Mueller hasn't done that and there's no indication he will do that. He is doing a professional job, with a stunningly leak-free operation, and should be allowed to continue until the investigation is complete-and should not be prevented or obstructed from doing so.

Your points above are perfectly rational and eminently reasonable. They are also utterly irrelevant.

Trumpism is a cult Anyone not in it already agrees with you. For anyone in the cult, Mueller's investigation threatens their Mango Messiah. Since the cultists refuse to acknowledge that they are cultists (the cognitive dissonance being more than they can stand), they're forced to come up with justifications for their cult-driven beliefs. Fortunately for them, their cult leader is ready and willing to soothe their cognitive dissonance with a handy supply of excuses for doing, saying and thinking what he needs them to - paiting Muller as 'interfering with the election' he both gives them a reason to demonize Mueller ("he's interfering with the sacred democratic process! what hypocrites the Democrats are!') and provides a handy excuse for why a likely GOP rout in November won't be their Dumb Leader's fault ('Mueller's investigation kneecapped our people! we would have won if not for Mueller!'"
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 12:51:32 AM »

Your points above are perfectly rational and eminently reasonable. They are also utterly irrelevant.

Trumpism is a cult Anyone not in it already agrees with you. For anyone in the cult, Mueller's investigation threatens their Mango Messiah. Since the cultists refuse to acknowledge that they are cultists (the cognitive dissonance being more than they can stand), they're forced to come up with justifications for their cult-driven beliefs. Fortunately for them, their cult leader is ready and willing to soothe their cognitive dissonance with a handy supply of excuses for doing, saying and thinking what he needs them to - paiting Muller as 'interfering with the election' he both gives them a reason to demonize Mueller ("he's interfering with the sacred democratic process! what hypocrites the Democrats are!') and provides a handy excuse for why a likely GOP rout in November won't be their Dumb Leader's fault ('Mueller's investigation kneecapped our people! we would have won if not for Mueller!'"

Of course they'll believe it. But it is totally wrong, and all the same people-and even those Trump supporters with some sense left, should be able to see that. At the very least it's frustrating to watch this BS be propagated and gain traction.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 07:36:52 AM »

Of course they'll believe it. But it is totally wrong, and all the same people-and even those Trump supporters with some sense left, should be able to see that. At the very least it's frustrating to watch this BS be propagated and gain traction.

That is what is most distressing about this whole presidency. Its not that he lies constantly and routinely works to undermine American institutions, is that he does so with seemingly zero consequences.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2018, 08:15:53 AM »

It's been a year long investigation,  and all points to his son,  and Cohen.  But, GOPers aren't gonna vote for impeachment. Due to the stable economy.  I am ready to move on.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2018, 10:33:35 AM »

It's been a year long investigation,  and all points to his son,  and Cohen.  But, GOPers aren't gonna vote for impeachment. Due to the stable economy.  I am ready to move on.

I am emphatically not. There is no way his dumbass son and sleazeball lawyer did this without his consent. Trump knew about everything, and Mueller will hopefully be able to prove it. Maybe the Republicans will never find the backbone to impeach, but then again maybe they won’t have control of the House come 2019. The “stable economy” isn’t an excuse for tolerating criminal behavior by the President or for tolerating his continued undermining of the institutions that make this country great, for that matter. There need to be consequences. I’m hopeful that the ensuing controversies surrounding Mueller’s report will result in a blue wave, and then Trump gets impeached. That would be a good start.

Really, this whole thing makes me sick. Benghazi consumed four years of inquiries, yet clear evidence of cooperating with a hostile foreign power is something we can wrap up investigating in a year? Absolutely not.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2018, 10:38:57 AM »

It's been a year long investigation,  and all points to his son,  and Cohen.  But, GOPers aren't gonna vote for impeachment. Due to the stable economy.  I am ready to move on.

I am emphatically not. There is no way his dumbass son and sleazeball lawyer did this without his consent. Trump knew about everything, and Mueller will hopefully be able to prove it. Maybe the Republicans will never find the backbone to impeach, but then again maybe they won’t have control of the House come 2019. The “stable economy” isn’t an excuse for tolerating criminal behavior by the President or for tolerating his continued undermining of the institutions that make this country great, for that matter. There need to be consequences. I’m hopeful that the ensuing controversies surrounding Mueller’s report will result in a blue wave, and then Trump gets impeached. That would be a good start.

Really, this whole thing makes me sick. Benghazi consumed four years of inquiries, yet clear evidence of cooperating with a hostile foreign power is something we can wrap up investigating in a year? Absolutely not.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »

It beggars belief that people can think the FBI is biased against Drumpf. Their 'meddling' in the 2016 election cost Clinton the election, and it's a high possibility the FBI was biased against Clinton. The Mueller investigation just existing and doing its work is not meddling in the election. If Mueller dropped major indictments or a recommendation for impeachment days before the election, or if the investigation had politically damaging leaks through the campaign, Drumpf supporters would be justified in being aggrieved. But Mueller hasn't done that and there's no indication he will do that. He is doing a professional job, with a stunningly leak-free operation, and should be allowed to continue until the investigation is complete-and should not be prevented or obstructed from doing so.

Of course they'll believe it. But it is totally wrong, and all the same people-and even those Drumpf supporters with some sense left, should be able to see that. At the very least it's frustrating to watch this BS be propagated and gain traction.

That is what is most distressing about this whole presidency. Its not that he lies constantly and routinely works to undermine American institutions, is that he does so with seemingly zero consequences.

It's been a year long investigation,  and all points to his son,  and Cohen.  But, GOPers aren't gonna vote for impeachment. Due to the stable economy.  I am ready to move on.

Both of these posts make good points and sum up my feelings towards this situation. I wish this country had its priorities straightened out, but we're well past that point now.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2018, 07:37:21 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2018, 12:54:07 AM »

Not to mention that the yield from Mueller's investigation, short as it has been so far, has been pretty significant, and exponentially more than Benghazi, and they haven't even announced indictments for the DNC/Podesta hacks yet. With Benghazi, Republicans sat around for literally years and never found anything except Hillary's email server, which not only came at the end, but wasn't even related to the original objective. Ironically, Republicans claim of a witch hunt / fishing expedition when they themselves were engaged in a very high profile one that indirectly led to this current investigation.

I don't know why I do this to myself. These levels of hypocrisy and shamelessness are painful, and yet I can't take my eyes away.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2018, 01:05:40 PM »

It's been a year long investigation,  and all points to his son,  and Cohen.  But, GOPers aren't gonna vote for impeachment. Due to the stable economy.  I am ready to move on.

I'm not. Official misconduct should lead to disgrace. We have seen other politicians (and media figures) go down in disgrace.

It's up to Republicans to provide the means of impeachment, and to make impeachment attractive to Democrats. Democrats cannot impeach the President by themselves under any circumstances in 2019. In 2021 it could all be moot with the defeat of President Trump or his would-be successor in the Presidential election of 2020.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies