NFL bans kneeling during the national anthem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:50:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NFL bans kneeling during the national anthem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: NFL bans kneeling during the national anthem  (Read 17187 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2018, 04:53:37 PM »

Michael Brown was a violet criminal who DID rob a convenience store and then charged at an officer with intention to harm.  Those are the facts, and its easy for anyone to find with a simple google search.  He’s not a martyr, not even close.  The people who continue to spout off lies about what occured that day have done more to damage this country and the black community than anything else.

Regardless of what went down between him and the police officer, he did not rob a convenience store. That is well established, regardless of whether your worldview will allow you to believe it.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2018, 05:53:27 PM »

Michael Brown was a violet criminal who DID rob a convenience store and then charged at an officer with intention to harm.  Those are the facts, and its easy for anyone to find with a simple google search.  He’s not a martyr, not even close.  The people who continue to spout off lies about what occured that day have done more to damage this country and the black community than anything else.

Regardless of what went down between him and the police officer, he did not rob a convenience store. That is well established, regardless of whether your worldview will allow you to believe it.

It's not about Michael Brown. (Please stop taking the bait.) It's about from changing the subject away from the fact that the NFL (with the enthusiastic support of a political party that increasingly is... rather awful) thinks that it acceptable to celebrate a song about freedom, bravery and revolution by forcibly suppressing political dissent.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2018, 07:16:03 PM »

It's not about Michael Brown. (Please stop taking the bait.) It's about from changing the subject away from the fact that the NFL (with the enthusiastic support of a political party that increasingly is... rather awful) thinks that it acceptable to celebrate a song about freedom, bravery and revolution by forcibly suppressing political dissent.

Green Line and Fuzzy Bear are among the most reasonable and level-headed of the right-wingers on this site. If they aren't able to admit they're wrong about Brown (really just wrong about a detail - they could maintain their overall opinion of him), who will?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2018, 07:51:26 PM »

Vox: The NFL’s “take a knee” ban is flatly illegal

Article is from Benjamin Sachs, the Kestnbaum professor of labor and industry at Harvard Law School.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2018, 08:04:55 PM »

Article is from Benjamin Sachs, the Kestnbaum professor of labor and industry at Harvard Law School.

That's not how I read the article.  I get it that this is a discussion of Workplace Rules, but it is also clear to me that this issue is, indeed, a "partial strike" which is not protected.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2018, 12:13:57 AM »

Actually, it's a real equivalence.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »

Most NASCAR fans support this policy.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #282 on: May 28, 2018, 07:13:58 AM »

I'm sorry, but no conservatives can ever complain about triggered sjws with first world problems ever again. Who gives a damn about this stupid issue? At least the Tumblr polygender sapiosexual has the excuse of being an adolescent; it's astonishing to me that grown men who have families and jobs care about this crap.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #283 on: May 28, 2018, 07:44:29 PM »

That's not how I read the article.  I get it that this is a discussion of Workplace Rules, but it is also clear to me that this issue is, indeed, a "partial strike" which is not protected.

Did you even read the article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The rest of the article is only relevant if the Players Association consulted with the union before making the change, and the players association has indicated they did not consult the union. I agree with you that kneeling is wrong, but if laws were broken in making this change as seems to be the case, then the law is the law. One's support of a policy does not make the policy legal.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies