Peroutka for President: Constitution Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:25:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Peroutka for President: Constitution Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Peroutka for President: Constitution Party  (Read 3323 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2004, 07:41:33 PM »

http://www.peroutka2004.com/

I agredd with alot of things that this conservative says.

Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 08:09:12 PM »

I heard he was dropping out and running for PA Senate.  The Constitution party is trying to recruit Roy Moore to be their presidential nominee.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »

Nice.  That'd be like pissing in the GOPs oatmeal.  make 'em really mad.  I have a theory that they can be as nasty as democrats if they really wanted to be.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 08:13:39 PM »

I'd support Peroutka if it wasn't wasted.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 08:24:33 PM »

He definitely has my vote in November.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 08:38:26 PM »

The Constitution Party Nominees:

Mathew Peroutka:President
Dr. Chuck Baldwin: Vice President
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 08:40:58 PM »

Peroutka for president

The party has some good views but they seem a little on the crazy side
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 08:42:37 PM »

I would support Peroutka, if Iowa wasn't a swing state. His views are closer to mine than George Bush's.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 08:45:19 PM »

My state is close but i don't know if I would vote for this party I read somewhere they want to impeach the supreme court
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 08:50:29 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2004, 08:51:47 PM by Lunar »

Peroutka scares me.  I would be very unhappy in his version of America.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 08:53:33 PM »

I would support Peroutka, if Iowa wasn't a swing state. His views are closer to mine than George Bush's.

The CP has not yet qualified for a place on the ballot in IA.

That's too bad.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 08:54:24 PM »

do they have ballot access in Michigan
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 09:35:47 PM »

OMG....as an atheist...that is downright frightening.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 09:46:29 PM »

He definitely has my vote in November.

You may have to write him in. The CP does not have ballot status in VA yet.

I'm registered in MD.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2004, 09:53:31 PM »

I'm an atheist too.  But he supports all of the consitution, including the part that says government can't force me to be a Christian, so I'm cool with it.

The only place where our view depart is one in which he is more liberal than me: he supports to some extent the government promoting individual welfare through legally imposed Christian morality on some issues.  The constitution explicitly states general welfare and individual liberty.  Not individual welfare and individual liberty.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2004, 12:02:33 AM »

I heard he was dropping out and running for PA Senate.  The Constitution party is trying to recruit Roy Moore to be their presidential nominee.

Yeah, I was wrong about this.  It is James Clymer, the National Constitution Party Chair, who is running for PA Senate.

Although I know Peroutka has said he would drop out if Moore wanted the nomination.

Nice try. Peroutka lives in Maryland!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2004, 07:03:06 AM »

Too bad Moore isn't running Sad
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 07:07:21 AM »

I'm an atheist too.  But he supports all of the consitution, including the part that says government can't force me to be a Christian, so I'm cool with it.

The only place where our view depart is one in which he is more liberal than me: he supports to some extent the government promoting individual welfare through legally imposed Christian morality on some issues.  The constitution explicitly states general welfare and individual liberty.  Not individual welfare and individual liberty.

I just don't want an uber-christian moral code it looks like this guy would go for.  
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2004, 12:39:01 PM »

Normally, I would say that a vote for any fringe candidate is a vote for your opponent, although Nader was an exception--Nader's supporters would not have voted at all if he weren't on the ballot.

But, somehow, these bitter reactionary fringe candidates annoy me most of all. First of all, they have cockeyed goals: No one sitting on the Supreme Court will be impeached. The UN will not vacate its Manhattan property. There will always be a China.

Secondly, even with their frankly stupid suppositions, the Peroutkavites have no political talent to effect even one of their more realistic goals. Has any member of this tin-foil brigade even made one minor improvement to our society?  

What minor accompishments to our society that have been made have been the result of "liberal", "Democrat-lite" Republicans: Partial-birth abortion ban (Henry Hyde and Rick Santorum), cutting out public-sector union waste (Gov. Schwartzenegger), defending the 5000-year-old definition of marriage (Gov Romney), or reducing the claques of Islamic terrorists who want to kill us all (President Bush)?

And Roy Moore's accomplishment: getting disbarred from the **Alabama** State Supreme Court for not removing a hunk of stone from a courthouse.

Thirdly, the Buchananistas have a greater faith in government than any French communist does. According to their logic, if only we elect Peroutka, or Moore, or Browne, or whomever, we will elect a government that will return to a Golden Age of consitutionalist virtue.

No true conservative could believe that through government action (or inaction), we can return to a golden anything. That utopian nonsense comes straight from the French revolution and Napoleon. Not to mention, the Constitution is a legal document that defines (in part) the powers of the central state vis-a-vis the federal states and the American citizenry. It is NOT SCRIPTURE! Following its precepts to the letter will not make Americans or their goverment more moral! Only His Holy Spirit can do that.

That late 18th century American colonial society produced men of vision and heart like Jefferson, Adams, and (my favorite) Washington was the singular combination of English traditionalism and devout Christian faith--even Jefferson recommended giving free Bibles to poor schoolchildren. None of those men had any of the superstitious faith in the wonder-working miracles of the Constitution than any modern-day Peroutkavite has.

Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2004, 12:56:41 PM »

Me too.

Peroutka scares me.  I would be very unhappy in his version of America.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2004, 01:00:51 PM »

dude is way too fringe.
California Dreamer

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2004, 04:11:48 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2004, 04:14:50 PM by California Dreamer »

Nader's supporters would not have voted at all if he weren't on the ballot.

where is your evidence of this.

You can prove that every single one of Ralph Nader's 2,883,105 voters (including  97,488 in Florida ) would not have gone to the polls? I am sure it makes Republican feel better, but you cant argue that less than 0.7% of Nader's voters in Florida wouldnt have voted for Gore. Cause that is all it would have taken for Gore to be Pres

RE: Peroutka
The supreme irony of the Constitution Party is that the framers of the constitution would roll over in their grave if this guy could get the Theocracy he wants to put in place of our Republic.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2004, 05:25:48 PM »

Normally, I would say that a vote for any fringe candidate is a vote for your opponent, although Nader was an exception--Nader's supporters would not have voted at all if he weren't on the ballot.

All polls show this is wrong.  Exit polling asking Nader supporters who they would have voted for showed them  breaking like two thirds for Gore, with a fifth or so for Bush and the rest not voting.  This isn't accurate but I do remember the exit poll showing how Gore would be raking in the votes.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2004, 05:21:43 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2004, 05:25:13 PM by Storebought »

As inaccurate as this is, my best friend in college told me, point-blank, that he would not have voted if Nader weren't on the ballot. Likewise: If Cheney (or Powell) had been the Republican nominee in 2000, I certainly would not have registered Republican, and I probably wouldn't have voted, either. Sometimes, people actually /do/ vote for the candidate, and not the Party, even in the case of poor battered Ralph Nader.

And, no, I absolutely do not advocate theocracy!! I said that a change in America's moral climate will come with a resurgence of Christianity among its people, NOT by scrapping the Constitution or the wholesale deconstruction of the Federal Government to make Christianity "the state religion."

It's a shame, though, that merely mentioning Christianity automatically means advocating a New World Taliban.. :-(
California Dreamer

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2004, 05:56:46 PM »

so your evidence that all of the millions of Nader voters would have stayed home is based on a Poll of one? I believe the margin of error of your polll is roughly +/- 100%

RE: more Christianity
The US plenty...more than most nations, certainly far more than any other 'western' nation. And as an atheist I prefer that religion stay as far away from the state as possible. Freedom of religion and freedom from religion.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies